Okay, so if you have ever looked up "Custom LEGO pieces" you find some cool parts. I was wondering if anyone has tried making their own, and out of what material? Does PVC release bad chemicals? Was it hard or time consuming? And most importantly, what are your opinions on third party pieces like brickarms, brickforge, brickmania, Crazy bricks arms and cactuses, etcetera? I have not tried too many custom pieces so far. So, that being said, I am interested in your responses. I did another one, like this, so here is the link to the original: 

Thanks in advance,

Legostarwars1425

Edited by legostarwars1425

> And most importantly, what are your opinions on third party pieces like brickarms, brickforge,

They are both very good quality molding and parts, on par with LEGO. I haven't used the other brands.

I've made parts (for minifigures) in the past with sculpy, but they are only as good as your craft skills and you take as long as you take.

@legostarwars1425

Review of BrickWarriors' katar dagger.

Review of BrickWarriors' lute.

Review of Crazy Bricks' differently angled arms, satyr legs and afro.

Review of BrickFortress' articulated short legs.

EB thread on third party weapons and accessories but also touching on other third party pieces.

I have some 3D 'printed' parts including the Gondorian helmet pictured below, a Pharaonic crown (not shown) and a European crown (not shown) made by an AFOL in Monaco. I think he used to sell them on BrickLink. They are well made and are fine for display but because they are painted, I suspect they wouldn't stand up well to play. Also, they were pretty expensive.

lotr_mocs.jpg

I use lots of third party pieces. Check out my BrickShelf gallery!

Asking whether you like custom elements in the MCW is kinda like walking into a soccer game and asking "So, kicking a ball, is it fun?"

I can recommend all of the usual providers of custom parts:

Brickwarriors - highest quality equipment, weird figs though

Brickforge - highest quality

Brickarms - highest quality

Nicebricks - a one man company, high quality, great ideas, limited quantity

CapeMadness - highest quality, it is amazing

I have never ever regretted buying stuff from the abovementioned suppliers.