Hello everyone!
After a constructive stop of a couple of months at the beginning of the year I decided to try my hand at building a medieval mill.

25938199217_4baacab2ea_c.jpg

I like to think of this mill set in the Middle Ages, inhabited by a simple family that lived in an era where today's technology did not exist yet, without cell phones, computers and the Internet. Only a stone and wood house built with the toil of the hands and a life led to produce flour for bread and to grow vegetables and products of the earth. All surrounded by a luxuriant nature without the traffic and the polluted air of today. A life that is certainly very difficult but much simpler and built on basic concepts like family, land and food.

The construction of this moc took a couple of months and made up of about 5,200 pieces and it took two months of construction. The blades of the mill are powered by a Medium Lego motor and can be turned over with a button on the back of the house.

Moc presented for the first time at the MEI in Verona 2018 (Italy).

40767763262_8f03b13c44_c.jpg40767763262_8f03b13c44_c.jpg

40100271034_5fd52eb88a_c.jpg

26939944008_9d9a87fc7e_c.jpg

39914680475_971b64f2c5_c.jpg

View the complete gallery on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72157690184763535

Comments very welcome.
Good vision!
Sandro

Edited by sdrnet

Another wonderful creation, my friend.

I wonder why you decided to build such windows, I think it's a matter of reproducing thick medieval glass.

Anyway nice work.

Another great MOC as always! This topic deserves much more replies! So many great textures and details! The mill is very nicely shaped and I love the window design! Keep it up :thumbup:

Thanks to all those who wanted to leave a comment!

I had to build this moc quickly but I'm glad I did it and I had a lot of fun. During the Verona fair (MEI 2018 Italy) it was a great success!

@sdrnet

Another fantastic MOC, as good as any I've seen on this site! I guess you could say it is....one in a mill-ion? :pir-sweet:

MAC

Absolutely gorgeous!

I always loved this particular style of wallbuilding. CanYou tell me where do You buy so many grey "bricks". I was never able to get any larger quantity of these... I also like very much the little stones and rocks around the lake.

Beautiful, amazing, fabulous! So much great detail! It definitely shows that those were 2 months of hard work! The end result is incredible! Keep up the great work!

I’m in love with those windows, excellent!

great detailing and textures throughout the build, looking forward to see more!