Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

Ice Planet 2002: Astral Quadrant HQ

I’ve always liked the classic Ice Planet theme that LEGO made, and after looking at Chris Perron’s incredible Ice Inspector and Siercon and Coral’s magnificent Ice Planet Base, I wanted to try my hand at a build in the classy blue, white, and trans-neon orange colors. I’m quite pleased with the result, and it was very enjoyable to build. The micro truck outside the main base is supposed to be a rendition of Chris’s monstrous Ice Inspector that I linked to earlier in the post, though unfortunately I wasn’t able to pack in all the details on it that I would have liked to. Hopefully it is still recognizable as being inspired by his masterpiece though!

This build was my first time trying to incorporate lights into a model, which was both fun and frustrating at times. I’m pretty happy with the result, but if anyone has tips or suggestions about ways to improve it, definitely let me know!

I also want to give huge thank-you to Graham Gidman for helping me out with the edit, I know it wouldn’t have turned out this well without his help!

40807619741_8cc4c61237_c.jpg

40098220604_089f2389da_c.jpg

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome! :classic:

That's a really fun little build! Immediately, the first thing I noticed is how you used the Trans-Orange ski for body of that micro spaceship. I also dig your microscale ice rover! :thumbup:

I loved Ice Planet as a kid, best theme alongside Insectoids hands down!

Your build is such a great representation of the theme that is well balanced in color. The color scheme of Ice Planet can come off as garish if not done right.

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's a really fun little build! Immediately, the first thing I noticed is how you used the Trans-Orange ski for body of that micro spaceship. I also dig your microscale ice rover! :thumbup:

Thanks, all the micro vehicles were a lot of fun to design :classic:

18 hours ago, Forresto said:

I loved Ice Planet as a kid, best theme alongside Insectoids hands down!

Your build is such a great representation of the theme that is well balanced in color. The color scheme of Ice Planet can come off as garish if not done right.

Thank you! The color balance was something I tried really hard to get right, so I'm glad to hear you think it turned out well :sweet:

14 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Nice! 

Great use of pieces in the base. :thumbup:

Thanks, it was fun messing around with different parts and seeing what I could come up with :classic:

2 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Good work on the base in that scale, the colour usage is also well done. It must look enormous in minifig scale!

Thank you! Yeah, it probably would be pretty massive in fig scale. :look::laugh:

On 3/16/2018 at 1:54 AM, GhostDog said:

That little ATV (IceTV?) is absurdly cute

Thank you, glad you like it!