badbob001

Lego Pods round plate: is it removable?

For the few LEGO Pod sets, can the round plate behind the cover be easily removed? That is, is it glued on or is it just snapped in? I think the 1x2 plate on the right side of the pod glued on but I'm not sure about the round plate since it can wiggle a bit. But maybe it's glued to another piece that fastens it to the cover.

4242.jpg

I can confirm that it is; I've removed it from the Ninjago pods. It's a little tricky to get out since there's no way of pushing from the back, but with the right leverage it comes out and doesn't have glue or anything to secure it besides a snap similar to those on 4x4 turntable plates (and some nubs that prevent it from rotating).

I'm glad somebody asked because this could be useful information. I believe some of the latest Friends pods feature 6x6 plates in colors they haven't otherwise appeared in.

I just used a 2x2 plate (or maybe two 1x2 plates?) near the edge, IIRC. It's a little tricky but if you can apply force at the right angle you can get it loose.

Got it. Just put a 2x2 plate on the edge of the round plate next to the hinge side because that has the most room. Then wedge your thumb into the space next to the 2x2 plate and basically try to get the 2x2 plate off. The round plate should come off with it.

Thanks!