LM71Blackbird

[COR-FB-Class 6 Ship] Large Exploration Xebec, "Albatross"

Posted (edited)

Class 6 Large Exploration Xebec, "Albatross"

From the Quinnsville shipyards comes yet another ship! A large Xebec, out-fitted for a long exploration journey or a long profitable trade run.

40768842901_db5b1e48c2_b.jpgLarge Xebec 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

As the big brother to the recent merchant xebec launched from the shipyards, this one consists of two decks. It also features eights gun, but these have been upgraded to 8-pounders.

40087375484_1f167a1329_b.jpgLarge Xebec 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

It has a boat stored on the deck for beach landings as well.

40087375044_a2bf232793_b.jpgLarge Xebec 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

There is a spacious stern and stern castle which features a sizeable Captains Quarters.

40796994361_8b3be7a940_b.jpgLarge Xebec 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

40796993921_61dca21a5f_b.jpgLarge Xebec 6 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

40087374854_2c57fed18a_b.jpgLarge Xebec 7 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Below deck there are lots of supplies and plenty of space for a good amount of cargo. There is also a few bunks and small kitchen at the rear of the ship.

40796993551_cd82c827cb_b.jpgLarge Xebec 8 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

40087374544_88dc05cfb8_b.jpgLarge Xebec 9 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Thanks for checking out another one of my ships! Like my smaller xebec, this one was also really fun to build. I put her as a class 6 because she's not a warship, but she is 5 midsections long. Which according to the index puts her as a class 7. Here for picture of her next to prefabs. If anyone doesn't agree with the C6 designation, just let me know. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

Edited by LM71Blackbird
Gave the ship a name

That ship is a huge, and you've managed to give her a demountable superstructure, good job! As usual, I like your custom hull and the color combination. And if I may suggest, I think you could try to make the hull more curvy, now, the hull is quite straight, some curves would be nice.

As for the classification, I agree that she should be a class 6. I understand you might wish to put her in the class 7, since she has 5 midsections, but a class 7 ship usually refers to twodeckers or large frigates with 6 midsections. Historically, they should be fourth rate warships and fifth rate large frigate.

Sweet! As a huge fan of interiors and playability I am very impressed by the attention given to the lower deck and especially the captains cabin. Well done! :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

That ship is a huge, and you've managed to give her a demountable superstructure, good job! As usual, I like your custom hull and the color combination. And if I may suggest, I think you could try to make the hull more curvy, now, the hull is quite straight, some curves would be nice.

As for the classification, I agree that she should be a class 6. I understand you might wish to put her in the class 7, since she has 5 midsections, but a class 7 ship usually refers to twodeckers or large frigates with 6 midsections. Historically, they should be fourth rate warships and fifth rate large frigate.

Thank you! I'll mess around with a more curvy design.

For the classification, I'd rather have it as a class 6, it will be cheaper to operate and since it's not a warship I figured the class 7 would be a bit much.

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Sweet! As a huge fan of interiors and playability I am very impressed by the attention given to the lower deck and especially the captains cabin. Well done! :thumbup:

Thank you again!

You really like building these xebecs ... Theres alot of little details in this ... I like the hold and the capt cabin.  Its also neat that you added racks for the crew

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:58 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

You really like building these xebecs ... Theres alot of little details in this ... I like the hold and the capt cabin.  Its also neat that you added racks for the crew

Thank you very much! Yes, I built one and it was so fun I built a another one!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.