LM71Blackbird

[COR-FB-Class 4 Ship] Merchant Xebec, "Pelican"

Class 4 Merchant Xebec, "Pelican"

Next out of the Quinnsville Shipyards is a small, lightly armed, Merchant Xebec.

26540531918_d661ec6994_b.jpgXebec 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

38613413200_e5bc20600f_b.jpgXebec 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Not built for combat or super long voyages, it is lightly armed with only eight 4 pounders for protection. It's lack of cannon though, means it has plenty of cargo space for a sizeable haul of goods.

38613412920_3a71b7cc7d_b.jpgXebec 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

It has no quarters for the crew, just high side walls and space under the stern for shade.

38613412450_6cd329dba0_b.jpgXebec 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

38613411910_04d20ab6b2_b.jpgXebec 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Thanks for checking out one of my latest builds. This is my first time building an Xebec, but I think it turned out pretty nice. It was also a blast to build. C&C are welcome and appreciated!

Edited by LM71Blackbird
Gave the ship a name

It's a good looking chebec, I like how you've built the hull with slopes and arches, the colour scheme is nice and she's richely docorated with a lot of golden ornaments, good job.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

It's a good looking chebec, I like how you've built the hull with slopes and arches, the colour scheme is nice and she's richely docorated with a lot of golden ornaments, good job.

Thank you! I'm glad that you like it! I've got another bigger one I'll be posting soon as well with the same color scheme.

Nice one. Properly armes for its size, with enough cargo space for sure. I might even say it is a bit too decorated for its size! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Nice one. Properly armes for its size, with enough cargo space for sure. I might even say it is a bit too decorated for its size! :pir-grin:

Lol! Thank you!