Hey everyone,

Here is a very simple, yet elegant GBC module using the old Skateboard Ramps, and the newer large ring gears.

It clears balls very quickly, and is rock solid reliable.

solaire_01_wm.jpg solaire_02_wm.jpg

2 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

Very nice.. good clean lines!

haven't had any balls get stuck as the sweeper bar comes around?

It hasn't yet, and I have thrown all my GBC balls at it batch several times, 45+ balls, it didn't jam up.  However with that big of a batch it has a chance to leak some balls over the sides as the balls fall back into the module when being swept up.  30 batch seems totally fine.

This is a simple, effective and original (I think) idea. I can't stress how neat, clean and minimalist this is, and how good it looks in the lineup as a result. Good work, this is what I like to see.

Here's my version, also got high res pics but Flickr is not working so later. @Great Ball Pit Thanks for the excellent idea with ramps and bucket wheel!

@dunes Nice!

I however made some changes after 7 days of running at LEGO World Utrecht. Balls kept on jamming, especially on the output. It was actually the module that needed the most attention of all the modules I had with me.

I made the entry a sharp edge and exit more convex following the curves of the ring so balls don't jam.  I'll make some pictures.

Edited by Berthil

1 hour ago, Berthil said:

I made the entry a sharp edge and exit more convex following the curves of the ring so balls don't jam.  I'll make some pictures.

thanks

I've found if the large ring starts to loosen up, it can cause ball jams on the output.  It happened once at BrickCan 2018 after 8 hours, and jammed once throughout all of BrickCon 2018.  I replaced one of the 24t gears with a clutch to try and prevent any damage from a jam.