Oky

UCS Unikitty (MOC)

38980702700_e30f915cac_h.jpg

It's everyone's favorite unicorn-kitten princess, Unikitty! The breakout star from The LEGO Movie recently got her own cartoon show and I decided to make a giant sculpture of her. This is a 8:1 scale replica of the bipolar ruler of Cloud Cuckoo Land.

The tail was the most difficult part to recreate and I'm not completely happy with it, but overall I think it turned out pretty good.

40748436912_2bd43833dc_h.jpg

You can turn her head, roll her eyes, pose her eye brows, and spin her horn. But best of all, the back of her head can be opened up to reveal a playset inside. This playset is a representation of Unikitty's mind. As we all know, her mind is all sunshine and rainbows, but she keeps her anger locked up deep inside a corner of her mind. When she gets angry, her angry self breaks out of its cage and unleashes her fury!

38980702430_3f9b5257d6_b.jpg

I tried to build it out of existing parts so that I could potentially build it IRL if I felt like it. This is why I had to make the neck in lime green instead of cool green. I think the only part I used that doesn't exist in these colors is the light royal blue 1x1 cone at the top of the horn. So it is possible to build it for the most part, but I think it will be too much trouble tracking down all the parts in the correct colors.

This was going to be an Ideas project, but sadly it was rejected due to it being based on a current IP.

Thanks for looking, and remember: Stay positive! :classic: