Dear Friends,

I build this commissioned model for the Tug owner Fairplay in Hamburg (Germany) in 150 hour and just above 12500 parts and is 60 cm long x 28 cm wide and 56 cm high.

Many thanks for the great reactions at the WIP stage and i hope you like the progress how to build.

I have great fun to build her and their are so many SNOT techniques that 85% is build side ways, also create all the details and lighting at such small space, was great to do.

Best regards,

Edwin

40710900882_78dacac050_c.jpgIMG_7384 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

25882962817_d6d1c75fff_c.jpgIMG_7395 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

38943600680_8b8ea6104e_c.jpgIMG_7398 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

26883120408_2157187172_c.jpgIMG_7397 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

40753908591_c9b3012c22_c.jpgIMG_7401 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

40711126042_b62a811009_c.jpgIMG_7399 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

40043894224_f191dc1b00_c.jpgIMG_7382 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

25786382737_4beb218c76_c.jpgIMG_7369 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

39945626734_6825cea96a_c.jpgIMG_7362 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

And for the complete build you find many more pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vfracingteam/albums/72157690201589882

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

really beautiful model,faultless to a degree.i will be studying this build for a long time,great use of building techniques,your build thread is really helpful for others to see,

and you got the black fendering just about right really enhances the shape of the hull,

look forward to the next one

6 hours ago, jim7564 said:

really beautiful model,faultless to a degree.i will be studying this build for a long time,great use of building techniques,your build thread is really helpful for others to see,

and you got the black fendering just about right really enhances the shape of the hull,

look forward to the next one

Thank you @jim7564 and glad that you can learn ore to study, about the WIP stages of my builds.

Your style is complete different and i must change everytime the style, techniques and scale, what my clients wanted, for their model and what is possible for the budget.:wink:

5 hours ago, JopieK said:

Another "Korstanje Marvel" (you should TM that ;))

I appreciate your kind words @JopieK.:blush:

At the last couple of years i have so lucky that my name sell it self around the globe and don't have to make any promotion.

The shipyards, owners and supply companies in the shipping world find me.

It's help a lot that i have worked for the best brands in the world.:wink:

This is some increadible quality from the build itself to the stickers, lighting and tubing. Are you a certified professional, and if not, have you considered becoming one in order to make it easier to help those who inadvertently want to purchase copies?

On ‎16‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Lasse D said:

This is some increadible quality from the build itself to the stickers, lighting and tubing. Are you a certified professional, and if not, have you considered becoming one in order to make it easier to help those who inadvertently want to purchase copies?

Thanks @Lasse D for your great comment and compliment. For your question if i am a certified professional i can answer short, No I am not.

I have considered it, but all the restrictions give me the upper, before the benefits.

Maybe i can make more profit out of my work when i will be as certified professional, but i prefer to be complete independent, what and for, i wanted to work for with no restrictions.

You do not hear me complaining and are already fully booked until the end of the year.:blush::wink::sweet:

Found this one trough the frontpage, and I have to say Edwin you did another marvellous job on creating a very detailed and true to orignall Lego model of a real ship. Tug boats are always interesting, they are relatively small with a lot going on on deck. I love the lighting you did, it really gives a good impression of how the flood lights of a ship work. 

Bart

Hi Edwin,

I love the level of details of your models :thumbup: Your customers must be very proud!

Will you build bigger tugboats, I mean, those towing oil platforms for example? I saw the ALP Defender (or Striker) on YT earlier and think it is awesome:

10 hours ago, Bart said:

Found this one trough the frontpage, and I have to say Edwin you did another marvellous job on creating a very detailed and true to orignall Lego model of a real ship. Tug boats are always interesting, they are relatively small with a lot going on on deck. I love the lighting you did, it really gives a good impression of how the flood lights of a ship work. 

Bart

Thanks Bart for your great comment and the smaller harbour tugs are more difficult to build than the bigger offshore tugs.

9 hours ago, grego18f said:

Hi Edwin,

I love the level of details of your models :thumbup: Your customers must be very proud!

Will you build bigger tugboats, I mean, those towing oil platforms for example? I saw the ALP Defender (or Striker) on YT earlier and think it is awesome:

Details are the most important thing on a tug and thank you for the nice words.

I have build in the past big offshore tugs, but the ALP Striker is not from me, but a digital design from Konajra and know that he have no interest to build her in real.:wink: