gabrielerava

[MOC] Harbour Towers

Dear all,

Here follows the new piece for Rava Town old harbour: the Harbour Towers. The two buildings are mostly reminiscent of Netherlands, with a touch of extreme orient… At the base of the taller tower it’s located an icecream/coffee shop with a balcony under columns to have a nice look at the harbour itself.

IMG_4646

IMG_4655

The initial idea was to create two buildings like Amsterdam, then to make some slight changes to bring the buildings in a more Mediterranean contest (with the usage of brighter colors and some fantasy elements), to include some Japanese elements (to justify the approach for the Destiny Bounty), and to use some new (for me) solutions for the roofs. Actually I wanted to insert South Europe shutters as much as possible.

IMG_4553

IMG_4558

The lower tower is inhabited by an expert astrologist, who manages a little astrology shop at ground floor, and uses the upper floors as his living and refugee to look at the stars in the dark sky of the night.

IMG_4565

IMG_4651

The upper floors of the taller building are owned by the richer merchant of Rava Town.

IMG_4643

IMG_4652

Below the ice cream parlor, under the arches, a small dock makes its way to connect the other side of the harbor to the building on the right (still to be built…)

IMG_4571

IMG_4567

Here’s the back.

IMG_4561

IMG_4562

Last but not least some shots with the entire harbour

IMG_4584

IMG_4577

IMG_4578

Here you see where the little green building of the Dock Inn ends….

IMG_4579

IMG_4581

Comments and advices are welcome!

See you next time! :wink:

p.s. Previous episodes:

Edited by gabrielerava

So fantastic!! Watching the progression of this seaside construction has been truly wonderful. So many awesome and creative details and parts usage in this addition. I love every aspect of it. Its so intricate unique and fun. :wub_drool: I'll just keep looking at it for a while.

Nice. lovely to see. I like the variation in the buildings and it fits perfectly in the rest of your harbour. I like the telescope as well. I hope it is an astronomer though and not an astrologist :wink:

Your harbour diorama is getting better and better. This new addition is wonderful. You managed to combine colors and styles in a pretty unique look. This is highly inspiring!

So happy to finally see some new great modulars in Town Forum, especially by one of my favorite MOCers! Great architecture, ambiance and atmosphere! The texture created with the cheese slopes works great, and very nice to see how even the back side is detailed! Especially love the usage of the starfish, the printed clock and the witch hat on the roof of the building on the right side and the archs giving an elegant look to the roof and the brick-built ice cream of the Ice Cream Parlor! Your harbor looks perfect with this new addition! 

This is a cracking MOC and when it's combined with the other Models in your display it looks simply stunning. Look forward to seeing more of this!

What a gorgeous contribution to such a spectacular layout! The coastal theme is a really cool idea for a modular series, and I love all your color choices for each building! :thumbup: :sweet:

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, koalayummies said:

So fantastic!! Watching the progression of this seaside construction has been truly wonderful. So many awesome and creative details and parts usage in this addition. I love every aspect of it. Its so intricate unique and fun. :wub_drool: I'll just keep looking at it for a while.

Thanks. In fact I tried to make it somehow intricate!

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, Man with a hat said:

Nice. lovely to see. I like the variation in the buildings and it fits perfectly in the rest of your harbour. I like the telescope as well. I hope it is an astronomer though and not an astrologist :wink:

Well, the telescope it's not mine... Actually it belongs to theDestiny Bounty official lego model... Yes it's an astronomer, you're right! :wink:

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, peedeejay said:

Your harbour diorama is getting better and better. This new addition is wonderful. You managed to combine colors and styles in a pretty unique look. This is highly inspiring!

Thanks a lot!

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, LegoModularFan said:

So happy to finally see some new great modulars in Town Forum, especially by one of my favorite MOCers! Great architecture, ambiance and atmosphere! The texture created with the cheese slopes works great, and very nice to see how even the back side is detailed! Especially love the usage of the starfish, the printed clock and the witch hat on the roof of the building on the right side and the archs giving an elegant look to the roof and the brick-built ice cream of the Ice Cream Parlor! Your harbor looks perfect with this new addition! 

Very glad to be considered one of your favourite MOCers! :blush:

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Bricked1980 said:

This is a cracking MOC and when it's combined with the other Models in your display it looks simply stunning. Look forward to seeing more of this!

I'm working on the next (and probably last) module. It will take a longer time since I still have to choose the proper direction...

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

What a gorgeous contribution to such a spectacular layout! The coastal theme is a really cool idea for a modular series, and I love all your color choices for each building! :thumbup: :sweet:

Thanks a lot, sir!

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, carebear said:

O My!!! this looks amazing

- it blends in perfectly

Love it!!!

Greetings!

Thanks! Glad you liked the colours' palette. p.s. Please note that the tiled wall next to the entrance of the astronomy shop is medium orange (not bright light orange...).

Once more thanks to everybody for your appreciations! :classic:

I love the mix of brighter colors with the more earthy ones. Very nice. What color is the slope siding? Chima yellow?

On 3/16/2018 at 3:15 AM, NewTown said:

Wow! Just Wow :)

Thanks! Comment quite clear! 

On 3/16/2018 at 7:06 PM, Maple said:

I love the mix of brighter colors with the more earthy ones. Very nice. What color is the slope siding? Chima yellow?

I like the colors as well... The exact color of the slope siding is bright light orange (let's say Chima yellow) for the lower tower, tan for the higher tower tower.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:37 PM, RogerSmith said:

Great work!

Danke! (OT: May I ask you what I have to do to insert an image in my signature?) tks

On 3/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing modular building ...I like the sea in your diorama! You've done a massive work! :wub:

Many, many thanks.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:13 AM, Blk69 said:

These look like nice additions to your city

In the next days I will submit an update in the Rava Town topic!

On 3/17/2018 at 4:25 AM, danimarroquin said:

what a great design !!!

Thanks once more! Glad you liked it!