Robin_IV

[WIP] - HMS Providence - 34 gun frigate

1 hour ago, Anders T said:

Magnificent. :pir-wub:

[...]

Thank you. It makes me very happy that you like my model. :)

1 hour ago, Anders T said:

Moreover, I am a nitpicker:pir_wacko:: In my opinion, the masts are a bit too tall for a ship from this period. Other ships could have masts this tall, but 18th century frigates the main mast height tended to be about the same as the length from stern to firgurehead

I have measured out my model. The red frame is a square:
zzq9jK9.png

Seems to be correct. :pir_laugh2::pir-blush:

17 minutes ago, xyaks said:

wow.... very impressive good job

Nice to hear that you like my little cockleshell . :wink:

Edited by Robin_IV

14 hours ago, Anders T said:

From keel to top:wink:

-.- Ok. Will rework it. :grin: Yes your are indeed a nitpicker. :wink:

Edited by Robin_IV

building this in real bricks i think you will find the 2x2 round brick is not wide enough.looks ok in LDD but too small in my opinion

LI4MvlEl.jpg

after seeing your cannons etc i need to rebuild a lot of mine,yours are so much more realistic

VH3jqkNl.jpg

FhjlOlvl.jpg

HMS Triconmalee  minifig scale

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 9:17 PM, jim7564 said:

building this in real bricks i think you will find the 2x2 round brick is not wide enough.looks ok in LDD but too small in my opinion

I found resources of historical Mast thickness in comparison to the thickest part of the hull. I tested 3x3 masts. But they are too thick. The 2x2 are the only one fitting from the thickness. I tested it with calculating the values. 2x2 masts are the perfect thickness for my hullwidth. I recommend this book as a source. It's made for model builders but it works perfectly for lego builders. I know there is a english version of this book but can't find it at the moment.

I'm happy that you like my cannons :)

@all I've updated the part count in the last update post. Take a look. I have decided to build this ship when I finished my bachelor in two and a half years. This is why:    :)

LhGrROq.png

A few wallpapers from Studio 2.0. Yes! I managed to get all files on one.  :classic: I needed two hours for this. I hope you like them anyway.

(The hoses on bow and stern are not actually there because Studio can't indetify LSynth parts.)

UU9wbnh.png?1

GK1myFj.jpg

etOl7DO.jpg

G4HUdkJ.jpg

RhkPqW4.png

Edited by Robin_IV

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, BadSisko said:

Awesome ship!  Have you started building yet?

Nope :)

@jim7564 Could you send a detailed picture of your steering wheel? :grin: I am interested in a custom one. Or is this a wagon wheel?

_____

Edit: As you can see I resized the masts and reworked minor things on the ship. Also the front decoration is updated. And the cannons on my pictures  are always outdated versions. I can't let them as they are. But the Shape of the cannons will not change. I am just trying out if the Pin Connector 1L or 2L is better working. ATM I use only 2L. Is easier to connect. But the slots do look ugly. The old mold is a bit too expensive. Maybe the front one of the connectors will be the only one.

Edited by Robin_IV

beautiful, congratulations ... it's better than a wooden model !!!! masterpiece

On 3/15/2019 at 11:48 AM, peppe1983 said:

beautiful, congratulations ... it's better than a wooden model !!!! masterpiece

Thank you! Of course it's better! It's out of LEGO-Bricks! :pir-grin: