Digger of Bricks

Train MOCs and Builders - Who/What is Your Inspiration?

Kongsberg Train Station by @Morty, photographed by @L@go 

Spoiler

Brikkelauget Layout 68

Legoland Train Station by Bjørn Einar, photographed by @L@go 

Spoiler

Brikkelauget Layout 32

Train Station - the Musee d'Orsay in Paris by @skimeurobrick

Spoiler

Later Version of Station

I'm sorry for the numerous shoutouts @L@go, I hope it's not a problem. Millions of thanks for taking all these photos in the conventions! There are some really inspirational MOCs we'd have missed if you didn't take all these photos!

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 28/03/2018 at 6:24 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Gare de Rochefort by @domino39

Reveal hidden contents

2Z4A2544

São João del-Rei Train Station by @Adolfo 

Reveal hidden contents

São João del-Rei Train Station 1

Studdington Station by @snaillad

Reveal hidden contents

Studdington Station

São João del-Rei Train Station was a great project that I built 4 year ago to celebrate the 300 years anniversary of foundation of the historical city in my region with the same name . I was living in São Paulo, Brazil and had the opportunity to participate of the Expo LUG Brasil 2014 edition. Untill now people ask me to built other train stations and I really intend to do that soon. Good to see it here as an inspiration on this topic. Thanks for sharing and remind me! :)

Train Station by @Captain Green Hair

Spoiler
Train station main building front

The Train Station by @Stud Design Studio 

Spoiler
mt01

Charing Cross Station by @Davey 

Spoiler
Charing Cross

Any progression in your Greenville layout @Captain Green Hair? I hope you'll share it with us! :classic:

On 4/14/2018 at 5:49 PM, Man with a hat said:

These are all really nice. Thanks for showing us. It is good to have these in one place as a reference. Very convenient.  

On 4/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, Adolfo said:

São João del-Rei Train Station was a great project that I built 4 year ago to celebrate the 300 years anniversary of foundation of the historical city in my region with the same name . I was living in São Paulo, Brazil and had the opportunity to participate of the Expo LUG Brasil 2014 edition. Untill now people ask me to built other train stations and I really intend to do that soon. Good to see it here as an inspiration on this topic. Thanks for sharing and remind me! :)

You're very welcome!

47 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Oooh, this one is particularly impressive, as I'm always a sucker for most buildings with railways/highways running through them. Plus, it's built upon a 32×32 baseplate! :thumbup: :grin:

52 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

What a beauty! The three complementary locomotives in this too are really cute! :wub:

Spoiler
Charing Cross Station

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

That first one almost looks like it could be an actual set! I guess, come to think of it, that it resembles a cross between Ideas' Old Fishing Store and the Winter Village Train Station sets from last year.

I really like @HoMa's designs, it pushes me to try to bring my own works in progress to a higher level of detail. Too bad that kinda resulted in me getting overcritical about my NS 200 locomotor, and now I'm still not sure if I should complete it. :laugh:

Some other designs that I like are from @aawsum and @dj_legostyle because of what they manage to achieve in six wide.

Woah all those tiny trains are awesome. So used to seeing much larger scales, sometimes smaller can be amazing as well. Very inspiring.

8 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Opava východ by hana129 

Reveal hidden contents

a_celek_od_parku.jpg

Modular Train Station with Warehouse by @Mestari 

Reveal hidden contents

DSC09066.jpg

I must confess, it's the secondary buildings besides the stations that instead catch my eye in these two creations. I suppose it's simply the colors that grabbed my attention. :shrug_oh_well:

Saw this posted on BrickNerd this morning, and thought it was pretty cool! It may be more of a Star Wars, Micro, or Sci-Fi Monorail type of MOC, but it's still by definition a train. :classic:

SOLO, A Star Wars Story. mini diorama