dunamis

10185 Green Grocer Review

Aaagh!

Went to legoland windsor (uk) and searched high and low for GG, only to finally be told that because they're no longer owned by lego they don't get any of the exclusives any more.

If I'd known I would have ordered through shop@home earlier!

Aaagh!

Went to legoland windsor (uk) and searched high and low for GG, only to finally be told that because they're no longer owned by lego they don't get any of the exclusives any more.

If I'd known I would have ordered through shop@home earlier!

What!!! *wacko* No exlusive sets in a lego theme park!! What kind of crazyness is that!! >:-(

What!!! *wacko* No exlusive sets in a lego theme park!! What kind of crazyness is that!! >:-(

Ouch! This reminds me of last years event, when I wanted to buy the Cafe Corner at Legoland Germany.

They didn't have ONE copy. |-/

This is so absurd. >:-(

Wake up, TLC!

Aaagh!

Hihihi >:-)

I've bought mine in Legoland Germany! I have bought the last box of this set when I went to the park the first day of the new season.

My Green Grocer arrived in Perth today so yours shouldn't be too far away (if you ordered it straight away).

Yes it arrived the same day that yours did! *sweet*

green.jpg

It's such a beautiful set and I have been spending some quality time with it.

I have 6 GG's in my lounge room right now :-P (3 were ordered on behalf of others, the other 3 are mine - all mine!). I don't know how I will manage to spend quality time with all of them X-D . I probably should have got the town plan too. Next time.

Rebecca

I have 6 GG's in my lounge room right now :-P (3 were ordered on behalf of others, the other 3 are mine - all mine!). I don't know how I will manage to spend quality time with all of them X-D . I probably should have got the town plan too. Next time.

Rebecca

I'd really appreciate it if you built three of the middle floor and posted some photos. I'm curious how it looks, front and back. To me it seems that it would work well... but I have only one. I have noticed though that you can remove the middle floor and have just the top and bottom.

Mmm. Yep - I think that may be possible. I'll have to wait until the Duplo fan goes to bed before I can make a start tonight.

In the meantime, here's the boxed haul...

6ggsetc.jpg

Rebecca

Ouch! This reminds me of last years event, when I wanted to buy the Cafe Corner at Legoland Germany.

They didn't have ONE copy. |-/

This is so absurd. >:-(

Wake up, TLC!

The reason why those theme parks don't hold all Lego Exclusives (Green Grocer + Cafe Corner ) is because (I think) that TLC sold the license away! On the latest issue of Brick Journal online, Joe Meno does an interview with the CEO of TLC and he said that the Lego Company only has something like 30% of the shares from those theme parks. They sold it for business reasons and who knows if that was a great idea or not but yeah, next time you guys go there, know that not all of the money made from ticket sales will get to Lego. Most of the money goes to all of the other people (whatever company that is) that actually owns Legoland. Shop@home is your safest bet *sweet*

Mmm. Yep - I think that may be possible. I'll have to wait until the Duplo fan goes to bed before I can make a start tonight.

In the meantime, here's the boxed haul...

6ggsetc.jpg

Rebecca

HOW THE CRAP DID YOU GET ALL THOSE?! Jeez!

(a job, which i cannot get due to my age ;-( )

Edited by maiq the liar

green.jpg

It's such a beautiful set and I have been spending some quality time with it.

That is picture is just a whole corner of wrong. My eyeeees, my eyeeeees! :-D Seriously, I hope you and your Greengrocer enjoy your time together, and that Mrs Sinner isn't too mad when she finds out she's been replaced!

At these prices, it looks like I won't be getting any of these wonderful sets. :-( I'll just have to content myself with my two beach houses.

HOW THE CRAP DID YOU GET ALL THOSE?! Jeez!

(a job, which i cannot get due to my age ;-( )

Hi maiq the liar! I got them by going to the S@H site, clicking here, clicking there, and voila! A TNT courier turned up with them a couple of weeks later :-D . Helps to have some money too. As for the job thing - it's not all it's cracked up to be. Yes, you get money. But then you have less time to play with your Lego (I haven't opened ANY of those boxes in the pics yet!).

Speaking of TNT - have any other Aussie EB'ers had problems with them? They've done some wierd stuff with about 3 of my S@H deliveries in the past - including losing some |-/ !

3 of the GG's in the pic have now gone to the other person I was purchasing on behalf of (my local BrickLink guy) and I'm considering swapping one of my other 3 GG's for some HTF Paradisa sets with a bloke in Tasmania (not Sinner). That will leave me with 2 GG's and a full day of constructive bliss X-D .

Rebecca

Hi maiq the liar! I got them by going to the S@H site, clicking here, clicking there, and voila! A TNT courier turned up with them a couple of weeks later :-D

Wow! Is it that simple? I must try this at home!! :-P

Hi maiq the liar! I got them by going to the S@H site, clicking here, clicking there, and voila! A TNT courier turned up with them a couple of weeks later :-D . Helps to have some money too. As for the job thing - it's not all it's cracked up to be. Yes, you get money. But then you have less time to play with your Lego (I haven't opened ANY of those boxes in the pics yet!).

Speaking of TNT - have any other Aussie EB'ers had problems with them? They've done some wierd stuff with about 3 of my S@H deliveries in the past - including losing some |-/ !

3 of the GG's in the pic have now gone to the other person I was purchasing on behalf of (my local BrickLink guy) and I'm considering swapping one of my other 3 GG's for some HTF Paradisa sets with a bloke in Tasmania (not Sinner). That will leave me with 2 GG's and a full day of constructive bliss X-D .

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca, no problems down here in country VIC with TNT. Did you manage to get those GG's at the cheaper price?

Seriously, I hope you and your Greengrocer enjoy your time together, and that Mrs Sinner isn't too mad when she finds out she's been replaced!

Nah, she's cool with it. Besides, Lego is too painful to take to bed. ;-)

Speaking of TNT - have any other Aussie EB'ers had problems with them?

No problems for me.

That will leave me with 2 GG's and a full day of constructive bliss X-D .

Does that mean you'll take a photo with 2 middle floors? :'-)

Wow! Is it that simple? I must try this at home!! :-P

...well, I hope you do try it at home! They don't call it "Lego Shop@SomePlaceOtherThanHome" do they? Or is that some other site I haven't discovered yet?? X-D

Hello Rebecca, no problems down here in country VIC with TNT. Did you manage to get those GG's at the cheaper price?

I suspect there's a courier with an unhealthy Lego fascination in the ACT (unhealthy only because it's to my detriment!) >:-( . I did get them at the cheaper price - hence rather than going "ooh, aah - a $100 saving", I just bought heaps more!!! :-D

Does that mean you'll take a photo with 2 middle floors? :'-)

I suppose - I might still get to do 3 floors if my Paradisa swap falls through. It's not a confirmed deal yet. I still haven't started the GG build. I've had a cold :-X and would love to share - though the Internet's not the most conducive means to do that. :-P I will post a pic when I'm done (one day in 2012).

Rebecca

Mine arrived yesterday (with a free lego shirt!) I didn't get a chance to build it yet, another parcel of bricklinked pieces arrived the same day and I had to make sure all the pieces were there and clean them as well, they were filthy!, don't think I'll use that bricklink store again.

I did open the box (not the bags though) to make sure it all was there, it's the first time I've seen sand green in person, it's a really nice colour!

Here's a shot with 2 middle floors, and the fire escape.

10185atfrsmall.jpg

backs.jpg

So beautiful! I think 2 middle floors works really well, more impressive than just one, and the fire escape looks amazing too. Three middle floors might be too much. The modularity in this baby is better than Cafe Corner.

I think it would be Lego nirvana to build 4 x 10185 into one super GG with the other 2 sets built mirrored to the original, so that the bay windows bookended the overall model *wub*. Somebody's probably done this but I haven't seen pics yet!

(brickshelf folder with larger files when public)

Edited by svelte_corps

Here's a shot with 2 middle floors, and the fire escape.

Thanks very much! *sweet* It looks beautiful, as I expected. *wub* That fire escape is such a smart design.

(The brown tiles to the left and right of the door are too high though... ;-) )

I just looked at the building instructions of the Green Grocer. WOW! How much detail is in the building? I am in love.

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I just bought this set and wow is it great! Just finished the first floor, took me a couple of hours with a slow, tedious pace.

Did some mistakes because of the colors aren't always so easy to interpret, but I was able to backtrack.

Can't wait to get the other modular sets, because this is something quite different from what I'm used to. Absolutely lovely.

Would anyone say this set looks good on its own without CC, or GE? I don't have it, but due to tight budget, I wouldn't be able to buy the others and I've heard good things about this set so I was thinking of getting only this one.

I think you should get it.

In a year or more, when you have the budget, you could get FB (which is the next modular to be discontinued) or GE (will be discontinued a year after FB) to go with it.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Would anyone say this set looks good on its own without CC, or GE? I don't have it, but due to tight budget, I wouldn't be able to buy the others and I've heard good things about this set so I was thinking of getting only this one.

CC is no longer produced so you can expect to pay double from the popular auction site (three times or more for a MISB copy). I think GG would look fine on it's own as it's a great set in it's own right.

If I had to choose between GG, FB and GE I would buy GG.

CC is no longer produced so you can expect to pay double from the popular auction site (three times or more for a MISB copy). I think GG would look fine on it's own as it's a great set in it's own right.

If I had to choose between GG, FB and GE I would buy GG.

Agreed. I missed out on the earlier modulars as I can't justify $360+ for MS or even CC (though I was tempted) but the GG is beautiful on its own. The missus and I finished building it together last night. :wub: Just an amazing set.

I'm biased against the earlier modulars since I missed retail price, but it does seem to me that GG and newer are better overall than the first two.