dunamis

10185 Green Grocer Review

Thanks for the review! Mine arrives from Lego Tuesday!

Pictures to go in the link below afterwards!!

Strangly Dunamis, you have a few leftover parts in your set which I do not have left over in mine, like the light grey lampholders?

and the cheesewedges in all colours?

Paul . . .

I wonder if mine will come wrapped the same?

Wouldn't Mrs Sinner be angry if it came like that? :-P

Wouldn't Mrs Sinner be angry if it came like that? :-P
:-D Probably, but she'd belt me up then and it would all be worth it. :'-) (She did find the picture funny though. ;-) )

A remarkable set. Just ordered mine a couple days ago; can't wait for it to arrive.

Does anyone know if Jamie designed this too? Just curious, as it bears the hallmarks of his style. The dated clothing and the building's overall style really make this feel like a vintage set from the past. I love it!

I hope that the next building in this line is more municipal in nature, say a town hall, or a museum, or as someone mentioned before, a bank. I'd love a musem, personally, as it'd be a great way to put pieces and parts from across all the historic themes into one set, as well as incorporating different architectural styles as well.

Follow this link, it should answer your question. Sorry if this has already been posted on here, I dont remember where i first saw it..lol. All i can say is that Jamie Berard is an absolute legend.

http://www.brickjournal.com/wiki/show/Behi...he+Green+Grocer

Strangly Dunamis, you have a few leftover parts in your set which I do not have left over in mine, like the light grey lampholders?

and the cheesewedges in all colours?

Paul . . .

Good eye! I could not find the light grey lampholders while I was building and pulled two from my inventory. Later, I found them because I had taken them out of the box and they got pushed to the end of my desk. That's why there were two extra. The wedges were supposed to go in the trashcans, but I always keep little parts like that off the set so they don't get lost. Good question though.

*wub* I picked this beauty up in the brighton lego store today. I can't wait to start building it.

There is a Lego store in Brighton? Where abouts?

There was me thinking the nearest to me was Bluewater.

There is a Lego store in Brighton? Where abouts?

There was me thinking the nearest to me was Bluewater.

The center is called churchill square and the lego shop is outside next to BHS. It is very close to the sea front near the main pier.

Edit: I just finished the ground floor and it has been one of the most enjoyable builds ever. *wub*

GET THIS SET!! :-D

Nice review Dunamis *y*

I am not that found of the Market Street set.

Even if it has many nice features, and great parts.

The CC and GG is definatley in the same stile and goes well together.

I guess I will purchase this set pretty soon.

-Ras-

Nice review Dunamis *y*

I am not that found of the Market Street set.

Even if it has many nice features, and great parts.

The CC and GG is definatley in the same stile and goes well together.

I guess I will purchase this set pretty soon.

-Ras-

I agree.

The funny thing is that the Market Street didn't actually go that well with the Cafe Corner, but with the Green Grocer stuck between them the combination of all three looks utterly amazing! I passed on the Market Street last year, but seeing all three combined I'm probably going to have to empty the bank for these.

Great review Dunamis. This set looks even better than Cafe Corner (which I think may be the best set I own) and I will definitely be getting it. Unfortunately it showed up on S@H UK on Saturday, the day after I had ordered Town Plan and Market Street! If only I had known to wait a day for this beauty :-( I will make sure to get it sometime soon to give me plenty of time to save up for the next installment. My only problem is where do I put this in my hideously overcrowded town?

Thanks for this great review Dunamis!

Like everyone, I like this GG so much! The level of details is really impressive.

I don't have this set yet (I will buy it for sure, like I've done with the two others CC and MS), but looking at the building instructions and the pictures, I don't think that this set will learn me as many things as CC has.

I mean CC showed me some new tehchniques that I didn't know, it learnes me to try using the bricks in different ways to make some things that you cannot do just in puting bricks on bricks.

And yes GG is a nice building very well done, but the use of hinges for the baiewindow is a technique that I have used after building CC in one of my moc.

But GG brings us some ingenious idea for making nice furnitures, and it's a very good thing.

With CC, I have learned about structure and architecture in LEGO, and with GG, I hope that I will find inspirations for m interiores.

I will let you know my final jugement after building this baby...

Is it me or in the picture will the 3 models, CC looks a litle small? A CC with an aditional floor would have shown it with better proportion, in comparison with the two other.

I know, I'm very hard with TLC now that I know that they can bring us some fantastic sets. Being very demanding with someone, is the best way to have the best of him... I think...

So, Bonaparte is finally entering the City theme !!!

So, welcome to the best LEGO theme! :-D

I just ordered mine too! I cant wait!

Hopefully it will be here by sunday!

Brickside Bay has been dusted down for this new arrival!

The center is called churchill square and the lego shop is outside next to BHS. It is very close to the sea front near the main pier.

Edit: I just finished the ground floor and it has been one of the most enjoyable builds ever. *wub*

GET THIS SET!! :-D

Thanks! I've been to Churchill Square twice in the last year and never knew that!

Well mine arrived in a hugh box! I also ordered the Market street set too at the same time and am amazed at the size difference!

Pictures of them in my city w. my cafe corner in a few days!

After ordering a $149 AUD Green Grocer a week ago i received mine yesturday, not bad considering it was only standard shipping. I am so looking forward to building it along with my new town plan and market street. My town will start to look half decent.

After ordering a $149 AUD Green Grocer a week ago i received mine yesturday, not bad considering it was only standard shipping. I am so looking forward to building it along with my new town plan and market street. My town will start to look half decent.

Wow, you're lucky. That was fast! Hopefully mine arrives soon too - I ordered on 3/3.

After ordering a $149 AUD Green Grocer a week ago i received mine yesturday, not bad considering it was only standard shipping.
Oh! *sweet* That means mine should arrive tomorrow or Monday! *wub*

I picked up mine yesterday and built it in approx 6 hours. The single most impressive thing I noticed with this set, is how stable the fire escape is. I had the impression that it was flimsy and would disintegrate by looking at it, but I was proven wrong!

Another thing, which I first noticed when setting it up next to Market Street's bazaar, does anybody else think this setup looks better compared to TLC's setup in the instructions?

Oh! *sweet* That means mine should arrive tomorrow or Monday! *wub*
Hope you get it tomorrow then so you have something to do this weekend!

I really "dislike" (better Hinckey-Dink?) waiting on a set that you know soon will be delivered,

it doesn

Great work, dunamis! Just finished with the build myself... Nevermind the quality of the window molds, nevermind the annoying snap of the new frame each time I open a door, nevermind the 161,95e price tag for Finland :-|... Actually, I could write down quite a list of all the little disappointments (I myself had some trouble distinguishing the blacks and the dark bleys in the manual) but hey...

It still is a 100% perfect set. It just simply blows everything else off the water. X-O I'mma gonna make me a little shrine for it and put it on permanent display!

Happy happy, joy joy! The skin of my thumbs is peeling off after an overly enthusiastic build, but who could be sad, when the fig with the blue overalls and the ambiguous gender X-O looks so remarkably happy, standing on the balcony, eating a carrot?

Great review, dunamis! And I love the pics you took! *wub* If only I had enough money, I'd buy CC, MS and GG at once! I think MS is a great addition to CC and GG though its style is different.

And yes, it is often difficult to distinguish between dark bley and black when you follow the instructions. I had that problem when I built the main model of the Hobby Train Set 10183.