Kintobor

Mafia School- Mad Monster Mansion: Day Two

Voting is now open.

As for the punishment, I've devised the following:

The player will be penalized with a vote for every four players remaining, as well as an additional vote. You will have at least one vote on you when penalized. Example: 3 players=1 vote, 4 players=2 votes, 8 players=2 votes, etc.

As I've stated previously, I'm suspicious of zombie bride for the reasons mentioned before.

Vote: Zombie bride (Khscarymovie4)

Vote: The Mummy (Actor Builder)

You haven't said anything all day. And you were on since Day 2 has started. What gives?

Vote: Swamp Creature (KotZ)

For being a scummy scumbag who loves guns.

41 minutes ago, fhomess said:

So because I questioned why you think the kills were how you mentioned, when you gave weird reasoning? Ok.

Looks like everyone'zz lozzt their mindzzzz...I have an excuzze...wait, izz that fruit I zzzeee? Oh now I dizzcover I wazz fuzed with a fruit fly! Bzzzzz! I azzked for flight, and zzome crazy Profezzor (Not Dr Frankenzztein) fuzed me with a freakin' Fruit Fly!

38 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

I didn't understand that vote either.

I'm hoping he'll give more explanation to this, because right now it just seems out of spite.

Vote: Gorgonzola (fhomess)

Plenty of time left in the day, but Gorgonzola’s nonsensical vote for Mr. Creature over here is making me mighty suspicious of him. What does the murder weapon have to do with anything? 

2 hours ago, Steamdemon said:

Wakey, wakey, you bandaged buffoon.

Vote: The Mummy (ActorBuilder)

AUUHHHHHGGGGHHH I'm up; I'm UP!

There we go, Zzwamp Creature, one awake but mildly pizzed off Mummy. Zzo, what are your thoughtzz on last night'zz eventzz? Apologiezz for the inzzult.

On 3/11/2018 at 6:49 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

My husband! How could you!  Those damn mafia don't know the rage coming towards them when we catch em all.

Final Vote Count:

Dracula (Rider Raider): 8 votes (Lady K, Lord Duvors, Forresto, KotZ, Steamdemon, LegoMonorailFan, Fhomess, Tariq j)
Frankenstein's Monster (LegoRacer1): 1 votes (mediumsnowman)
Swamp Creature (KotZ): 1 vote (Khscarymovie8)
Zombie Groom (Forresto): 1 vote (Rider Raider)
Zombie Cheerleader (jluck): 1 vote (Actor Builder)
The Mummy (Actor Builder): 1 Votes (jluck)

Non-voting: LegoRacer1 (Will begin Day 2 with a 5-vote Penalty for not voting)

With 14 players left, it takes a majority of 8 votes to lynch someone. With a majority vote, Dracula (Rider Raider) is lynched. Night One has now begun. You have 48 to get night actions in.

This is yesterday's final vote. Could be useful. 

Ok, so for some proper voting analysis now that I've finally gotten to sit down.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:03 PM, Lady K said:

So where is Dracula?

Vote:  Dracula (Rider Raider)

Seriously, you better not be keeping the good stuff to yourself.  Care to comment?

Lady K starts by throwing out a vote. Pretty typical way to start a game, nothing rings odd there for me.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:57 PM, Lord Duvors said:

As Dracula hasn't seen fit to comment on our current situation I'm going to follow the Bride of Dracula's example and vote for him. For now at least.

Vote: Dracula (Rider Raider).

Care to explain the reason for your vote?

On 3/6/2018 at 10:25 PM, Forresto said:

If I have to vote for anyone this early with no record or evidence to go by it'll be the one guest in the corner not contributing to the party. *hic*

Vote: Dracula (Rider Raider)

On 3/6/2018 at 10:31 PM, KotZ said:

C'mon, where are you? Over 24 hours and no check in?

Notice the time stamps. All 3 with in around 30 minutes. This does not mean all 3 are scum, but I'd guess one is. Scum want to be in the front of the bandwagon to avoid suspicion. Also, they all echo the "easy" logic of "where are you" which is easy to back out of.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, Steamdemon said:

The reazon I went for Frankenstein's Rocker was becauzze of the vote without any explanation. However, I'm going to Unvote: Frankenstein's Rocker and Vote: Dracula (Rider Raider).

Firzztly, Vampirez have a lot of weaknessess, and secondly, I really think that the zzzooner we lynch, the better...

On 3/8/2018 at 7:19 AM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Well I'm not sure if any new developments are going to come out with our current vote stats, so I'm going to change my vote.

Unvote: Maws (mediumsnowman)

Vote: Dracula (Rider Racer)

On 3/8/2018 at 2:33 PM, fhomess said:

Unvote: The Mummy (Actor Builder)

Vote: Dracula (Rider Raider) (host... you keep calling him Racer for some reason...)

I still find the Mummy's vote extremely scummy, but I'm behind a Day 1 lynch and I haven't seen a compelling reason that we should not make an effort.  Our PR's need to whittle down the field... they can typically only get information on one other person per night.  Reducing that pool can help narrow the field down more quickly so that we can identify the scum among us.

To those that say that Day 1 lynches don't usually help us analyze voting patterns, I think it's not that different than Day 2 or 3 townie lynches.  You learn the most from lynching scum.  Townie lynches are much hard to analyze in general.  I can think of a few times where Day 1 has lynched scum with about the same amount of information we have today.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:32 PM, Tariq j said:

I've seen previous parties where we didn't get a lynch on the first night, and that dragged into the second and into the third. I don't want that to happen again. 

Unvote: Frankenstein (Legoracer1)

Finally, we have the lynch push. I'd wager there is one more scum in this group appears to look bold and progress the lynch, possibly even hammering it. My logic when I've played as scum has often been "If I hammer a townie lynch it'll look to be too bold to be scum"

Finally, I expect 1-2 scum outside this voting block as well.

Current Vote Count:
Frankenstien's Rocker: 3 votes (Penalty, Penalty, Penalty)
The Mummy (Actor Builder): 2 votes (KotZ, Steamdemon)
Zombie Bride (Khscarymovie4): 1 vote (LegoMonorailFan)
Gorgonzola (fhomess): 1 vote (mediumsnowman)
Swamp Creature (KotZ): 1 vote (fhomess)

With 11 players left, it takes a majority of 6 to lynch someone. 45 Hours remain.

9 hours ago, fhomess said:

The punny-ness of this seems off to me.

Could be, but your bringing it up in this way isn't.  Any of us can go back and look this up ourselves.  If you want this to be useful, give us your thoughts on it.  Personally, I find final vote tallies less useful than the full voting record, including the unvoted votes.

"I told you so" isn't particularly useful.  I think most of those voting for Dracula readily admitted we were likely going to lynch a townie but that there was something to be gained by accepting that risk.  You yourself say that there were likely 2 scum on the bandwagon and 1-2 voting elsewhere, and since we know that Dracula was a townie we can now review the 6 voters with that in mind.  Do you think scum would be likely to vote early on a townie like this or to vote later?  I will be looking more closely at those early on... meaning Dracula's Bride and the Swamp thing.

As for the night kills, I think the Witch is more likely the scum kill and the Zombie Groom is more likely a vig or SK kill.  First, we know the mafia has no qualms about using a gun, and secondly, the Zombie Groom was under suspicion for pushing for Dracula's lynch long before such a push was really needed.  Scum likely would've preferred to play off of that today, knowing Dracula was town.  So they have little incentive to kill the Groom.  In a party this size, I would expect that we only have two killers, unless one of them is extremely limited, so any town blocking roles can be reasonably confident they didn't block a killer.

I'll also say I'm glad to see the non-voting vote penalty reduced.  It did seem a bit harsh.

Why not the other way around?  You seem pretty sure of who killed who and why. 

7 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

I'm sorry I messed up, I meant to say you were trying to change the subject from me to you. Guess I was tired and miss spoke.

Ok, no problem. But you still haven't answered my question of why you found it suspicious?

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

As I've stated previously, I'm suspicious of zombie bride for the reasons mentioned before.

It would be nice if you would restate or elaborate for us?

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

Vote: The Mummy (Actor Builder)

You haven't said anything all day. And you were on since Day 2 has started. What gives?

Getting his attention, makes sense.

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

This doesn't make sense.  Your voting him because you think he loves guns???*huh*

3 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Im not sure about, Bride of Dracula, I think shes mafia but not sure...anyone else think so?

Well, state your suspicions, give reasons of your own rather than relying on someone else.

3 hours ago, Steamdemon said:

Wakey, wakey, you bandaged buffoon.

Vote: The Mummy (ActorBuilder)

Ok, vote two for the mummy........

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

Plenty of time left in the day, but Gorgonzola’s nonsensical vote for Mr. Creature over here is making me mighty suspicious of him. What does the murder weapon have to do with anything? 

Makes sense.  Reason given.  I'm suspicious of his inside knowledge of the killings in addition to the weird vote.

1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

Um...anything else to say, you do have two votes against you.  Thoughts?  Suspicions?  

45 minutes ago, jluck said:

Ok, so for some proper voting analysis now that I've finally gotten to sit down.

Lady K starts by throwing out a vote. Pretty typical way to start a game, nothing rings odd there for me.

Notice the time stamps. All 3 with in around 30 minutes. This does not mean all 3 are scum, but I'd guess one is. Scum want to be in the front of the bandwagon to avoid suspicion. Also, they all echo the "easy" logic of "where are you" which is easy to back out of.

Finally, we have the lynch push. I'd wager there is one more scum in this group appears to look bold and progress the lynch, possibly even hammering it. My logic when I've played as scum has often been "If I hammer a townie lynch it'll look to be too bold to be scum"

Finally, I expect 1-2 scum outside this voting block as well.

Good thoughts.  I am interested in your thoughts though about the votes outside the bandwagon.  And the fact that you and the mummy decided to waste votes on each other still bothers me...

I have put our lost townies in green and my thoughts are below:

Final Vote Count:

Dracula (Rider Raider): 8 votes (Lady K, Lord Duvors, Forresto, KotZ, Steamdemon, LegoMonorailFan, Fhomess, Tariq j)

With 14 players left, it takes a majority of 8 votes to lynch someone. With a majority vote, Dracula (Rider Raider) is lynched. Night One has now begun. You have 48 to get night actions in.

Ok, so I started the vote on Dracula based on him not contributing anything till after voting started.  After previous lives I felt we needed to have a day 1 lynch (even knowing the high probability that it would be an innocent townie) to prevent a no lynch for day 2 and no progress day 3.  Looking back now at those who joined in, we see that two innocent townies joined me quickly to get Dracula to talk.  And while he did; he didn't really say anything to convince us to choose someone else.  Five more joined in and in my past lives usually the scum like to hide in the middle to middle back area.  

Therefore I am more concerned with the sixth and seventh votes on a bandwagon.  Sure scum could hide anywhere; but going with the 3-4 ratio then we have some on the bandwagon and at least one off; maybe even one on the bandwagon and two off.  I am by no means discounting the others on the bandwagon.

Looking more closely at the 'hey vote for each other pair', I think at least one of them is scummy; both would standout too much.  So my top suspicions right now are The Mummy, Zombie Cheerleader, Gorgonzola, and The Wolf.  Now I could be wrong about any of these; but time will tell.

Ok so:  Gorgonzola at the top of my list:

(1) seeming to know a lot about who killed whom and why, and seemed confident in his assumptions

(2) he is was near the end but still hidden in the bandwagon, second to last

(3 )he threw out a really weird vote reason, because he thinks the swamp creature loves guns

I see a lot of initial votes out there and I want to hear back from those I find most suspicious. So for now:

Vote:  Gorgonzola (fhomes)

10 hours ago, fhomess said:

5 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Not much I can say that I have not already said. The vote on Dracula just happened too darn fast. Within 2 hours Dracula had half the lynch amount with the reasoning being inactivity, even though at the time the last time Dracula had been on was an hour after the day has started. I just did not like how we were already gearing up for a lynch with a lousy reason. 

10 hours ago, fhomess said:

As for the night kills, I think the Witch is more likely the scum kill and the Zombie Groom is more likely a vig or SK kill.  First, we know the mafia has no qualms about using a gun, and secondly, the Zombie Groom was under suspicion for pushing for Dracula's lynch long before such a push was really needed.  Scum likely would've preferred to play off of that today, knowing Dracula was town.  So they have little incentive to kill the Groom.  In a party this size, I would expect that we only have two killers, unless one of them is extremely limited, so any town blocking roles can be reasonably confident they didn't block a killer.

I'll also say I'm glad to see the non-voting vote penalty reduced.  It did seem a bit harsh.

Do weapons really determine who the killer is? Also I looked back and the only people who ever really put suspicion on my late husband was the deceased Dracula, and you, not only that by why would you put the Groom over the Witch for a SK or vig kill? Both were early voters of Dracula, and what your saying is The Groom was killed for being an early voter, and that the scum would not kill him to make him look scum like today. But why would they kill the Witch? She also voted for Dracula early. Your reasons don't make sense as to why the Witch was scum kill and Groom was third party kill.

4 hours ago, fhomess said:

Any reason? I mean I am sort of suspicious of the swamp man too after voting so early and joining the bandwagon. But you have no reason what so ever, this is not day 1 anymore. 

2 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Ok you're up, now say something. Useful please. 

1 hour ago, jluck said:

All 3 of those people you mentioned being scum is impossible as two are now confirmed dead townies. So if you still think at least one is scum, then that leaves the Swamp Creature. 

Ok so right now I'm going to vote 

He gives a vote with no reason and then makes a statement about the night kills which makes little sense. If this was a newer player I might think of it as a rookie thing but our dragon friend here has been playing mafia for awhile. 

I agree with most of what Vampire Woman just said. 

The thing about "Throwaway" votes is that they're just that. Throwaways.I don't care for a day one lynch. The function of voting for someone you find suspicious is to get them lynched, eventually. I don't like lynching on the first day, so I'm either gonna throw away my vote, or not vote and end up with a penalty. 

Now on the second day, voting without reason and wasting a vote is highly suspect. I don't like the vibes that Mister Gorgonzola is putting out with his latest attempt at a vote.

For the time being, my good buddies:

VOTE: Gorgonzola (fhomess)

Trying to get us to read in to the pictures and then voting for someone who questioned your post? I also think you've over thought it the weapon thing. 

Vote: Gorgonzola (fhommes)

Unvote: The Mummy (ActorBuilder)

I'm not buying the weapon argument. You can buzz off with that logic...Explain yourzzelf pleazze...

Lynching Dracula was done on the understanding that the chance of catching a scum was low, and reason of suspicion was little to none. If your going to have lynch on day one, you'll likely have little to work with on the person you plan on lynching. Same could be said about almost everyone else on day one. It's just the way it is.

So why was zombie bride scared? In her own words she says this.

8 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Not much I can say that I have not already said. The vote on Dracula just happened too darn fast. Within 2 hours Dracula had half the lynch amount with the reasoning being inactivity, even though at the time the last time Dracula had been on was an hour after the day has started. I just did not like how we were already gearing up for a lynch with a lousy reason. 

So the votes happened to fast, and we were lynching with a lousy reason.

Firstly, I wouldn't say the votes stacked up quickly. Secondly, day one lynches are usually made with nothing to work with. @Khscarymovie4, you should know this. 

So I think your first point is an attempt to look like a concerned townie, and your second point is a incorrect statement that you added in to make it look like you had a second point.

As for why we wanted a day one lynch, your obviously aware of the circumstances of our previous game. 

You talked, a little bit, but you talked. So I'll remove my vote.

You never answered my questions about why you think the kills are how they are, or anyone else's.

Ok, I'll explain myself... but wow, that bandwagon formed quickly.  That should be fun to look at in the future.

My vote for Swampy was not a throw away at all, but the reason that I didn't expand on the justification at the time was to "poke the bear" so to speak.

Starting with yesterday, Swampy was 4th on the bandwagon for Dracula, complaining that he wasn't checking in.  He even earned a vote from Zombie Bride yesterday for that scummy approach.  You don't need 4 votes to get someone to talk... it was clearly bandwagoning.  Swampy's response to that was to say that he didn't think he was bandwagoning at all... which is simply not true, as I said yesterday.  You place 4 votes on an absent party member who hasn't had any time to respond and you're bandwagoning.  Nothing more to it than that, and Swampy knows well enough I'm right.  He made no effort to disagree further.  You have plenty of time in the day to get him to talk, and the 4th vote isn't going to make him show up any sooner.  It's largely why I didn't like Zombie Groom's pushing for the Dracula lynch early in the day, too.

By joining that bandwagon, you look like you're contributing, but you really aren't.  You're taking the easy road out of not having to share any real thoughts about the other stuff going on.  You're not making any effort to get others to contribute so you can actually learn something about what people think.

So today when I make an offhand comment about the kill methods and then explain my actual reasoning for thinking the kills went the way they did, and Swampy ONLY captured the part of my post where I didn't explain my thinking.  That's scummy.

22 hours ago, KotZ said:

Wait, what makes you think that about the weapons used? How would we know the mafia has no qualms about guns?

Go read that post and see what part of my comments were quoted.  Not the parts where I actually talked about possible reasons the scum would've preferred one victim over the other.

17 hours ago, KotZ said:

So because I questioned why you think the kills were how you mentioned, when you gave weird reasoning? Ok.

No, because you read selectively and didn't make an effort to understand what I was actually saying.  You're looking for something to hang someone with, not looking to figure out what my alignment truly is.  Scum don't need to figure it out because they already know who's on their side.

I'll add one more thing that I noticed at the end of the day yesterday that you did that just felt off.  Close to the end of the day yesterday, you asked for a vote tally.  That's not scummy in and of itself except for the conspicuous lack of any reasoning for why you wanted it.  You weren't actively pushing for a lynch and you weren't actively pushing to avoid a lynch.  You were appearing helpful while maintaining a neutral middle ground on a topic that was of particular note to the conversation.  It's like you were trying to nudge us in the direction of lynching Dracula without appearing to do so.

14 hours ago, Lady K said:

Why not the other way around?  You seem pretty sure of who killed who and why. 

Ok, no problem. But you still haven't answered my question of why you found it suspicious?

It would be nice if you would restate or elaborate for us?

Getting his attention, makes sense.

This doesn't make sense.  Your voting him because you think he loves guns???*huh*

Well, state your suspicions, give reasons of your own rather than relying on someone else.

Ok, vote two for the mummy........

Makes sense.  Reason given.  I'm suspicious of his inside knowledge of the killings in addition to the weird vote.

Um...anything else to say, you do have two votes against you.  Thoughts?  Suspicions?  

Good thoughts.  I am interested in your thoughts though about the votes outside the bandwagon.  And the fact that you and the mummy decided to waste votes on each other still bothers me...

I have put our lost townies in green and my thoughts are below:

Final Vote Count:

Ok, so I started the vote on Dracula based on him not contributing anything till after voting started.  After previous lives I felt we needed to have a day 1 lynch (even knowing the high probability that it would be an innocent townie) to prevent a no lynch for day 2 and no progress day 3.  Looking back now at those who joined in, we see that two innocent townies joined me quickly to get Dracula to talk.  And while he did; he didn't really say anything to convince us to choose someone else.  Five more joined in and in my past lives usually the scum like to hide in the middle to middle back area.  

Therefore I am more concerned with the sixth and seventh votes on a bandwagon.  Sure scum could hide anywhere; but going with the 3-4 ratio then we have some on the bandwagon and at least one off; maybe even one on the bandwagon and two off.  I am by no means discounting the others on the bandwagon.

Looking more closely at the 'hey vote for each other pair', I think at least one of them is scummy; both would standout too much.  So my top suspicions right now are The Mummy, Zombie Cheerleader, Gorgonzola, and The Wolf.  Now I could be wrong about any of these; but time will tell.

Ok so:  Gorgonzola at the top of my list:

(1) seeming to know a lot about who killed whom and why, and seemed confident in his assumptions

(2) he is was near the end but still hidden in the bandwagon, second to last

(3 )he threw out a really weird vote reason, because he thinks the swamp creature loves guns

I see a lot of initial votes out there and I want to hear back from those I find most suspicious. So for now:

Vote:  Gorgonzola (fhomes)

1. Missing the point

2. Reasonable, but you can argue for anyone on a bandwagon the same way.  I agree completely with those who suggest there are probably at least 2 scum on the bandwagon.  I'm not one of them, but it's certainly logical thinking and likely.

3. Reasonable.  Please review my justifcation above.

As for my confidence in the night kills, you're overstating it.  I threw out a theory for discussion, a theory I think is pretty reasonable but will readily admit could be wrong.  That said, I do believe the theory.  What I find interesting is how Swampy's focus on the gun comment killed discussion of the theory itself, and that only you and Zombie Bride made an effort to understand what I was saying.

13 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Do weapons really determine who the killer is? Also I looked back and the only people who ever really put suspicion on my late husband was the deceased Dracula, and you, not only that by why would you put the Groom over the Witch for a SK or vig kill? Both were early voters of Dracula, and what your saying is The Groom was killed for being an early voter, and that the scum would not kill him to make him look scum like today. But why would they kill the Witch? She also voted for Dracula early. Your reasons don't make sense as to why the Witch was scum kill and Groom was third party kill.

Any reason? I mean I am sort of suspicious of the swamp man too after voting so early and joining the bandwagon. But you have no reason what so ever, this is not day 1 anymore. 

Ok you're up, now say something. Useful please. 

All 3 of those people you mentioned being scum is impossible as two are now confirmed dead townies. So if you still think at least one is scum, then that leaves the Swamp Creature. 

Ok so right now I'm going to vote 

He gives a vote with no reason and then makes a statement about the night kills which makes little sense. If this was a newer player I might think of it as a rookie thing but our dragon friend here has been playing mafia for awhile. 

Since the weapon topic won't go away, I will state that while they don't determine who the killer is, hosts will occasionally be consistent in the kill method for certain factions.  My argument was really that the Groom was under some suspicion for pushing the early lynch.  From me in particular, I will admit, but the Witch wasn't under any suspicion at all.  If you're a vig and you need to kill someone, you kill someone who had some suspicion on them or that you suspect.  If you're the scum, you don't kill someone you think you can help lynch the next day.  The scum knew that Dracula wasn't on their team, so they knew that those who pushed for the lynch of Dracula would be under suspicion today.  An SK is less predictable, and IMO the more likely situation if I'm wrong about my theories.

13 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

I agree with most of what Vampire Woman just said. 

The thing about "Throwaway" votes is that they're just that. Throwaways.I don't care for a day one lynch. The function of voting for someone you find suspicious is to get them lynched, eventually. I don't like lynching on the first day, so I'm either gonna throw away my vote, or not vote and end up with a penalty. 

Now on the second day, voting without reason and wasting a vote is highly suspect. I don't like the vibes that Mister Gorgonzola is putting out with his latest attempt at a vote.

For the time being, my good buddies:

VOTE: Gorgonzola (fhomess)

It's still not helping town to throwaway a vote on someone you don't actually think is suspicious.  It's worse than that, it's actively unhelpful.  Townies need to figure out each other's alignment, and scum want us not to figure it out.  By voting for someone with no reason that you don't suspect, you're making it harder to for town and hiding like scum.  An early throwaway vote to get discussion going can be helpful, but not what you did.

I don't like your vote today, but at least your letting us know what you think this time.

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Trying to get us to read in to the pictures and then voting for someone who questioned your post? I also think you've over thought it the weapon thing. 

8 hours ago, Steamdemon said:

Unvote: The Mummy (ActorBuilder)

I'm not buying the weapon argument. You can buzz off with that logic...Explain yourzzelf pleazze...

I think you're both being lazy.

21 minutes ago, KotZ said:

You talked, a little bit, but you talked. So I'll remove my vote.

You never answered my questions about why you think the kills are how they are, or anyone else's.

I've only just now seen anyone else's question.

Did your vote for the Mummy accomplish anything?  Did you scare him into talking?

@Khscarymovie4, how do you feel about all the votes for Gorgonzola? Does it scare you how quickly they stacked up?

I'm going to put my opinion out there and say that I think Gorgonzola is a vigilante. Whether or not he does his job good at helping the town is up for debate.

If he is the town vigilante, I personally think we need him.