Roadmonkeytj

[SR][FB] The Prio Ship Palmetto

IMG_20180311_083200IMG_20180311_083243IMG_20180311_083340IMG_20180311_083316

Seeing as I will be needing the ship in my MCRA result ... And it was un-MOC'd I had to build it first ... This is the result ... The shrowds are not great however they had to be "removable" to get the result for later pictures 

Comments welcomed

That's a nice little boat you have there. The colors work surprisingly well, and the sails are really nice. 

Some of the pictures look out of focus. I'm not sure what type of camera and equipment you have available, but a tripod or even setting the camera down and using a delay timer can help with this.

I love what you came up with for the Palmetto! That looks like a splendid little fast trader, and the sails are wonderful! :thumbup:

Yeah, this one looks fun :pir-laugh: Simple lanterns, and the style is clearly something new. Great use of the small prefab hull!

Btw, given that it is a recently captured vessel, you now have the honour to be the first to use the update link feature of the Ship license form (Sorry, have to - spent way to long on the behind the scenes stuff for the two latest additions here) 

4 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Nicely built ship Roadmonkey! Lots of cool details even though it's a small ship. Keep up the great work!

Thanks ... It actually looked really plain until I started adding all the gold lol.  

3 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

That's a nice little boat you have there. The colors work surprisingly well, and the sails are really nice. 

Some of the pictures look out of focus. I'm not sure what type of camera and equipment you have available, but a tripod or even setting the camera down and using a delay timer can help with this.

Thanks ... I was unsure on the colors going into it as the only real info I had was the prio flag to go off of but im glad it came together.   The sails ... The main sail originally had a similar design to the gaff sail but my 2 yr old can be thanked for jumping on me while free handing with the marker so its actually a coverup lol but I thought it works ... I am tempted to add more corner detailing to the gaff as it looks so plain (to me).

As far as a camera goes ... What ever is in the elcheepoo zte smart phone ... I do not have a laptop currently ... It self destructed and so far have been doing ok with out it.  I settle with some of the pictures because its hard to focus while holding your breath and holding two kids out of the shot lol.  One day Ill get the laptop rebuilt and be able to use my real camera and tripod again lol.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I love what you came up with for the Palmetto! That looks like a splendid little fast trader, and the sails are wonderful! :thumbup:

I can thank a certain run of ESL ships with fancy sails for the inspiration ...and thanks again with the help on figuring out how she should look.

3 hours ago, Legostone said:

Yeah, this one looks fun :pir-laugh: Simple lanterns, and the style is clearly something new. Great use of the small prefab hull!

Btw, given that it is a recently captured vessel, you now have the honour to be the first to use the update link feature of the Ship license form (Sorry, have to - spent way to long on the behind the scenes stuff for the two latest additions here) 

Something new? .... If you say so lol I wanted to give it a beefed up look but still fit the class three.  I also had the challenge that The Drunken Monkey is registered as a class 2 (my first game ship) and they both are built on the small hulls with one mid.  So I widened it one brick to bring it back in one brick to give the appearance of tumblehome.  The stern was new for me ... I angled the sides in with a hinge and tiles then built the back wall on a hinge as well ... I was pretty happy with the shape after that.  The bow I redid twice before I decided upon the railings (which I originally had on the stern) then I decided to bling it out with gold all over ... Which inspired the figurehead.  (btw im really disappointed in the super heros set for using 2d wings)  but I went out on the street corner and threw my lemons life had given me at people and decided to use them anyway.

Thanks again all for the comments

Nice job on the ship. Her sails look good.  Were the sails hand painted with a kid in each hand?   :pir-classic:

Nice little ship!. Grey and brown worked surprisingly well, you made me wanting to try the same with small hulls. I think you did a good job on giving her a quite unique style, with all these golden ornaments. And the figurehead is awesome!

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Nice job on the ship. Her sails look good.  Were the sails hand painted with a kid in each hand?   :pir-classic:

Thanks that's actually drawing markers but yea my youngest was right by my side as I was drawing them lol

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Nice little ship!. Grey and brown worked surprisingly well, you made me wanting to try the same with small hulls. I think you did a good job on giving her a quite unique style, with all these golden ornaments. And the figurehead is awesome!

Well thanks ... I have several of these ... I have ordered some of the other colors so i can change them over ... Im glad to hear the figure head is a hit 

Nice job on a small Prio vessel, nice that you gave it an different style then the others, and I really like the sails. 

Well, this was a lovely little surprise.  That is quite a nice ship you've built, but those sails are what really set everything off.  I'm a bit envious.

Well that was fast! Excellent Ship Roadmonkey, The detailing is well done for a ship of it's size. Keep up the good work....

...But we'll see if us corries let you keep it.  :pir-laugh:

23 hours ago, Bart said:

Nice job on a small Prio vessel, nice that you gave it an different style then the others, and I really like the sails. 

Thanks! I was looking for a ship of another nation so I wanted a different look.  I'm pretty happy with this and may use elements of her in the future.  I for sure will continue the custom sails seeing as they are a hit.

14 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Well, this was a lovely little surprise.  That is quite a nice ship you've built, but those sails are what really set everything off.  I'm a bit envious.

You know those custom sails all started with my first FTA ship and I decided to buy a marker kit to continue for future sails. It was a challenge though cause I wanted it to look like nothing I've seen on here but yet still maintain the similar shapes of ships I've seen on here.  The ship may have to make its way to charlatan bay ... And gustaf may have to take notes on some design elements.

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Well that was fast! Excellent Ship Roadmonkey, The detailing is well done for a ship of it's size. Keep up the good work....

...But we'll see if us corries let you keep it.  :pir-laugh:

I am getting quicker at these little ships ... Also been stocking up on parts for them ... Still have three larger ships in WIP form lol

As far as keeping it ... There's a good story forming for that behind the scenes