sirslayer

Sirslayer's Chassis: Color the world with blacken

Well, till I clean up my Flicker account, I found some older pictures of the Lego set 8273 project when I  first started to design the super 8273 last year... I just like the scale that this set offers and the Off-road truck looks tough but yet small scale looks right!! The cab is actually built around the original design by using panels. It gives a fuller look and less holes to see thru and gives a less technic look but more todays standards on using panels. 

20190116_202810_HDR

This part of the frame is the turret gear works that uses a Lego M motor and the tan colored 20t gear manually slides in out between the skew left and right and raise up and down on the 8273 mechanical pallet lift .

IMG_20190119_155949

using a different frame

20190116_202557_HDR20190107_181944

This is the frame of the 8273 from Lego.com instructions (which they are for free!!) and you can see all the blue parts i can fit on this!!  Thats what I get for being in the dark ages for 30 years!! ouch.... The use of panels fits in perfect near the rear of the chassis!!!

Can you see they are almost twins !!

Lego Technic Sirslayer chassis

Edited by sirslayer

I love to order sets from Lego.com!!  It was a fair price of $49.99 USD and free shipping over $35 dollars on orders. Plus as always Lego likes to add more to your package.. I open up the box and Wow!! trading cards!!   Well before I build it. I need to weigh a few elements.  I wonder why orange as the color.. what properties does it bring to the table? Well lets see..  

IMG_20190219_173414IMG_20190219_223421IMG_20190219_223434Lego Technic 42093Lego Technic 42093Lego Technic 42093Lego Technic 42093

All the elements are from the Lego set 42093 and of course black is the victor..so I was curious on where the weight of the color orange fits in Lego Technic undocumented weight of the color elements.  So far Iv'e discovered from the lightest to the heaviest in weight black is the lightest to dark blue gray is the hefty weight winner.. so measuring the parts from this set and a few others elements to see where orange fits.

Lego Technic 42093

the lightest of the bunch..

Lego Technic 42093Lego Technic 42093Lego Technic 42093

well, it looks like orange is heavier then red (middle weight) white is heavier then orange..  orange is kind of a heavy color.. 

Edited by sirslayer
grammar

Interesting, I would have thought black to be heavier. You should clean your scales up a bit, that dust may skew your results. 

I picked that set up a couple of weeks ago as well, the weird thing is I don't see it on any shelves anymore. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Even touching the elements with our greasy fingers adds 0.001 to 0.003 of a gram!!!  that is not dust but scratches and dents.,.  the light and the post process of the pictures gives a dusty look.. its actually shiny clean pitted from years of use.. I do calibrate and use only new pieces when I post the results.. I wish there are others like me who is interested in weighing them out.. I like to know if my scale is still good.. i might buy a new scale in the future if my current is off.. if it is then difference in weight should still be there and black will always be the lightest!!  

Edited by sirslayer

@Mechbuilds I do agree!!! :)     I've blazed that trail and ended up with a fistful of elements.   The most important elements like the frame 5 x 11 and other parts that are dark blue grey color only are not available on are favorite cowboy, Lego technic color black.. the fastest technic color this side of the Mississippi !!  Design and build with the color black techniic parts could give you up to 10 percent in weight savings if you mixed in with other colors.. 

Just remember what Henry Ford once said: it does not matter what color are his cars as long as they are black :wink: and most trucks, tractors...have black chassis anyway

Today, I want to share some more color measurements of the colored weights from the Lego set 42093 Corvette elements.  This undocumented features from the Lego technic (Group?) has been decoded and to show the color black haves unique properties in weight saving designs for the future of Lego RC competition and with my research which led me to innovate weight saving designs by just using the color black elements and create an artwork to implement black with different colors . more on that later .. to provide proof of work, I have more pictures from the Lego set 42093 since its  has provided  new samples  to compare with..

Lego Technic 42093 mods

Calibrate to the nearest 0.001 of a gram .... pass

Lego Technic 42093 modsLego Technic 42093 mods

as I predicted, the bigger the element the bigger the weight differences compared to black. That is almost a 2/3 of a gram weight savings the color black has provided. Wow!!

and also there was some new parts in the 42093 set and for kicks here are a few samples..

IMG_20190219_223720

IMG_20190219_223614

Soon they will be in black!!   and I also have started a RC mod on the Lego set 42093 that uses 2 x L Lego Motors , rear independent suspension ,1 m motor for steering and the classic Lego battery pack!!  here is a sneak preview!! 

Lego Technic 42093 2 x Lego L motors

Been a busy week and I was able to purchase the Lego set 42076 Hovercraft for $57 USD on E-bay!!  For over 1000 pcs and usable colors , this set is perfect for parts with numbers of large panels and long beams. I believe this set is one of the worst  Lego Technics models ever and I don't plan to build the set as I'm all ready got into the parts!! Propellers, jet intakes and linear actuators  and even one spring shock and small rubber tires was a surprise to find in this set..  

I also have done a mod on the Lego set 42093 Corvette and I really like it .. Its a 4x4 mod and it turns the ever low rider into a 4x4 beast.  Its on WIP status and I was thinking if a XL Lego motor could fit in this tiny body ..   Well here is a few pictures of my  42093 4x4 mod..

Lego Technic 42093 4x4 mod

Lego Technic 42093 4x4 modLego Technic 42093 4x4 modLego Technic 42093 4x4 mod Lego Technic 42093 4x4 modLego Technic 42093 4x4 mod

Lego Technic 42093 4x4 mod