sirslayer

Sirslayer's Chassis: Color the world with blacken

Imho the plane has to many colors...on the outside :wink:

@I_Igor I totally agree on this and If I had another 2lbs of black elements then I would be in heaven!! and a good morning to you and I got to get ready for work!!!  I hope the sunshine is calling your name!!  

22 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

@I_Igor I totally agree on this and If I had another 2lbs of black elements then I would be in heaven!! and a good morning to you and I got to get ready for work!!!  I hope the sunshine is calling your name!!  

Honestly it is afternoon here and spring shower is playing music on my magnolia flowers :wub:

I'll email you flower images later.

Black is beautiful but sometimes light bluish gray frames are better to differentiate some functions and in case of lower light intensity it is easier to work with light bluish gray frames...but I have 14 black :devil: and am currently optimizing (second) Fastrac chassis to save parts as much as possible (and to make lighter and more  playable MOC)

Regards my friend

As to unknown LEGO element, those are actually quite common and are usually used for flickfire missiles, guns etc. Not sure where yours came from but I recently got one from Star Wars 20th anniversary snowspeeder and a bunch from the Marvel jet so they are very popular, I know I have several dozen. 

@Johnny1360 Thank you!! you're very knowledgeable in the the Lego world!!  In Bricklink it is listed under technic as a flick missle.. I'm sure i'll find more uses with that part!!!   I just did an quick update with my Lego 8273 mod and its all about updating my favorite set using current parts..  

Here are a few updates

2 x L or XL motor for the power train 

49.5mm or 56mm tires support

AWD 6x6 with positracttion and center diff.

LA for the dump bed

Fake mini 5 piston hybrid motor

RC ready

Detail cabin and the use of panels to fill in holes.

Rear wheel independent suspension and front pendular suspension

It still based from the originall chassis!!!

Lego Technic 8273Lego Technic 8273Lego Technic 8273Lego Technic 8273

Angry Lego Technic

Lego Technic set 8273 re-mix

The power of 2 x XL Lego PF motors gives the Lego set 8273 what a real 6x6 should play!!  

Ha, why so angry? I think it would benefit from some lower gearing, it is quite responsive, that driver needs to wear HANS device. 

@Johnny1360 My MOC is angry because Lego will end their sales of PF equipment by next year with Lego Powered Up soon to take over. 

according to Sariel  calculator my output is 

The total final gear ratio is 1:1.191
The speed is increased 1.191 times.
The torque is decreased 1.191 times.
The follower gear rotates 1.191 time per each revolution of the driver gear.

Their is over 800 pieces on my MOC with 2 x XL for the drive train.  Its on the edge on weight to power ratio for using 1 Xl motor and with the extra motor gives it is neck breaking speed.. Have you seen Nico's TTools?? its like Sarie's calculator but it does more .. check it out ..

http://www.nico71.fr/otherpages/ttools.html

and I also want to add that I'm a avid shopper at Lego.shop for my technic needs and recemtly it took me 15 min. just to find  the XL Lego motor by using the search options.. which I didn't have to do before.. at least the Powered Up products are listed under the Power Functions menu and that adds a bit more confusion 

Well, I just got my self the Lego set 42088 for $7 USD  and how small this set was... Lol, I wonder if I can do a proper RC mod on it!!  and compared to my MOC Space Shuttle I think the shuttle can carry the crane!!   Also I started on a new MOC The Space Shuttle (tm)  !!! The is a big set and it will be PF or Power UP powered and it can be carried by the Lego set 42025 cargo plane as a mother ship!!! more to come soon !! 

Lego Technic 42088

Lego technic Space ShuttleLego technic Space Shuttle

Lego technic Space ShuttleLego Technic SirslayerLego technic Space Shuttle

Edited by sirslayer

At the first sight I thought you are building white Iron Vulture :laugh:

Dang!!!!   you said Iron Vulture..  that was very good..    lol...    

Recently I found another angry technic video from youtube and it is by a user named Technic Whipped cream??!!  I thought it was cute and I going to share it anyway since its sharable..   

Edited by sirslayer

Well you like cartoon character drawings etc (hint: Easter wabbit :wink:)

my technic bunnies...

Ok, back to reality..   Recently, I've noticed a lot of mods and moc based off the Lego set 42078 Mack truck and it seams to be a popular model. I'm really suprised I havn't got the set yet..  its a bit pricey and maybe I can build this set from my spare parts...  Well, i've started and the results are very good.. I've only built the chassis and admire this set build.. It has a lot going for it but it lacks a few functions that really needed to be address..  First of all there is no suspension..  and second all the PF/RC mods seems a bit weak..  I want my Lego set 42078 to be the Road King!!  well here the start.. first the chassis 

Lego technic 42078 modLego technic 42078 mod

I really like the fake engine and the steering setup is cool.  The steering looks like a geared version the Lego set 42068.   

IMG_20171120_081922

the 42068 and the 42078 chassis are almost the same size and even the steering links are almost similar , I guess they are in the same scale range??  So more to come with my Lego 42078 mod...

all right, that wasn't to hard..  Modding the Lego set 42078 has started on a good start.. I've done a 2 length raise of the body and its 6x6 wheel drive with rear pendular suspension and Mcpherson style front suspension.. The shock asorber is mounted above the steering pivot point and next I need to do is the motor setup..   2 Xl or 2 L motors.. ??? ill figure it out soon.. here are a few pics .. 

lego technic 42078 mod

lego technic 42078 mod

Good evening Lego RC fans .. at first I was haunted when I first heard that the Lego Power functions will phase out by the year 2020 and left us with Powered Up ??!!  Well I jump into the band wagon and discovered a way to increase the power and speed of the  Lego medium Powered up motor.. When I first got the batmobile app controlled Lego set , my intenetions was just for the hub and motors..   well after a few weeks with and got to study it more in detail, you can use Nizn 1.6 volts AAA batteries and your Powered Up gets powered up!!!  The Nizn batteries are a high performance batteries and of course they are rechargable and I was able to measure 10.6 volts from the Powered Up.. (that was hard) .. Well more to come with this exciting discovery!! 

lego technic powered up 10.6 volts hack

An update onmy Lego 42078 mod .. Had a break for a bit and did some more work on the Lego 42078 Mack truck mod and even though I don't own the set ,I'm building it as I order parts from bricklink. This mod is focus on the castor of the front wheel and I think I have a little bit of positive castor angle well anyway Its a chance to see more of the front suspension in detail..  

Lego Technic 42078 mod Road KingLego Technic 42078 mod Road King

Powerd Up with 2 x Lego Powered UP medium motor for the drive train.

Lego Technic 42078 mod Road King

I converted the Lego hub into a bed and tv for those lonely nights.. 

Lego technic 42078 modLego technic 42078 mod

The top red arrow is the overall frame of the vehical, the bottom red arrows is  where the actual frame is located.  The tan-yellow arrows is the castor angle to the relationship through the frame to the ground 

Well fellows technics ...   During the (tc16) contest i've discovered another color that is lighter in weight then black!!!!!!!    The color black in the Lego technic world has provided me some ideas in future competition if weight would be the victor!!   Then I discovered the color silver!!!  It is a new discovery and so far, silver of all types like flat, pearl ect ect has beaten the color black in weight and after discuss this with a few Lego technics experts.. The color silver is painted on!!! I was surprised that my collection of Lego technics is almost new and my silver technics are not painted and ill start with the 30mm x 20mm rims!!!!   

Lego Technic Space Shuttle

and the black color rim !!

Lego Technic Space Shuttle

and as you see.. the color silver wins when it comes to weight saving.. 

another example

Lego Technic Space ShuttleLego Technic Space Shuttle

I believe they are bushings??

and the scale is just pitted from years of use.. its not dust 

So again , any Lego technic fan can't ignore this and if you wonder why my MOC runs faster!!!!   ha ha ha ha ha

and here are some version 3 shuttle pictures!

Lego Technic Space ShuttleLego Technic Space ShuttleLego Technic Space Shuttle

@sirslayer, how many leafs, made out of sugar cane did you weigh? What was the minimum, maximum and the average weight. Do you have detailed statistics about that too? What about the other pieces?

@Amdman.. good question and thank you for asking...  Its a home grown (in the garage) studies and with the supplied elements in my inventory ..  just a hand full to test with and what I have discovered that the sugar based is more prone to damage ..  the 10 year old element still have the scars but the sugar based seem to at the same level of damage even though its only a year old..  but the whole point is im sharing information to MOC RC racing that you would pay other wise.. its a free service and it takes time to deal with.. Im a Engineer in trade and im a work most of the time..   ain't this site all about sharing information?? 

@Andman if you click on the pictures , it would take you to flickr and you can see most of my work in weights and MOC!! 

Just doing some more Lego Technic RC mods and this time I've discovered a Lego clone of the buggy motor called Monster motor from China. The idea of my model is to be small and light weight by designing a uni-body chassis based from the Lego set 42093.  I'll have more on the design later but I would like to share a few videos for all ages to learn from..  Using the default Lego battery AA case, Im using Nizn batteries which are rated 1.6 volts but my measurements shows 1.8 volts!!! 1.8 x 6 =   10.8 volts!!.. almost like using a buwizz on fast mode or what ever you call it.  Hooking up the monster motor fast output to an axle that drives a differential, I'm trying to figure which tires between the 49.5mm or the 56mm haves the better performance..The transmitter is a China 2.4ghz /IR clone of lego's parts  My MOC sports a front 11 wide full independent suspension and rear semi- live axles. if you have any question please leave a comment or anything constructive.  100 percent Lego bricks are used .. The first video, the model is wearing 56mm tires and the second is wearing 49.5mm 

I plan to use 2 x Large Lego motors in the future.. I think they might perform better . 

Its been a while since I've posted some weighted elements.. The small fenders elements comes in 4 colors ..   Orange, Blue, Red and white..   and here are their average weights . 

49290603603_6537be7cf5_k.jpgIMG_20191222_132914432 by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49291294857_79e01402f4_k.jpgIMG_20191222_133106965 by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49291090236_68b4233e9e_k.jpgIMG_20191222_132740935 by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49813245972_e61e5f2659_k.jpgLego Technic Mars , Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto Conjunction special by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

so red is the lightest in weight, and next orange next blue and white being the heaviest.. If Black color fenders ever come out .. I predict it  would be the lightest of them all.  

and one more issue.. Never Rc your models on public roads!!!  My model barely survived !!! 

49843838403_f188af4042_k.jpgthis is why you don't RC on public roads!!! by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

Edited by sirslayer

I see you have some issues with the controller or receiver.. I suggest you change from IR to buwizz. It works pretty well!