sirslayer

Sirslayer's Chassis: Color the world with blacken

Update on sirslayer lego 2 x large motor 42075 Rally truck. 

The suspension is a easy adaptation from the Lego set 8261 Rally truck and its very east to be modified  on the default front non suspension from your 42075 first responder . Just make sure you have knob gears and the instructions of the Lego set  8261. The default 42075 steering shaft becomes the mounting point and the  pendular suspension off the same steering shaft.

IMG_20180915_002533

8261-3-500x500

.  It is kinda interesting that the 42075 can blend into the 8261 Rally truck and get a well fictional  off road delight.. !! 

I have re done the front drive shaft and now it is straight and smooth spinning. The default blue pin connector , the only new part this set has from the rest needed to be removed due to its pushing the Lego large motor. Here is an after pictures and just pat me on my back!! 

IMG_20180915_001926

I added bigger doors and I keep my WiFi-IR receiver on a long pole so I can have better coverage with the remote . 

IMG_20180915_002722

Edited by sirslayer
grammar

Here is a quick preview on the performance of the 2 x Lego PF Large motor !!   Using a ratio output of 1.46 vs the 2.38 Lego's default on the 42075 I It's  really fast and there is more room for improvements..  ..

I found this link from a Lego user name nico71..  It has a few options of motors and gears to get a final output of varies of values including top speed !!  you got to try it!!  http://www.nico71.fr/otherpages/ttools.html

and here is the quick review 

It looks like your pet has glow in the dark eyes :wink:

The most important is that you have fun with it and of course hose that is used for watering the grass should always be near (pimped) first responder 

Edited by I_Igor

sorry for the nite video .. i was excited with the performance and wanted to recorded asap!!  yes it does steer but I mounted the m motor for steering  under the chassis and it wasn't a good idea . once I run over a garden hose its over!!!  Need to find a better  mount  for the steering motor..  I have a few ideas!! i also re done the chassis and its almost there !!!   The battery pack needs to lay flat in the bed..  if any higher, the model would be top heavy and it would just fall to the side if I did a turn!! 

by the way there are just alleys cats that lives in my yard!~!   !!

and hopefully this will be my fix for the m motor!!  

20180916_083355

20180916_083833

20180915_214736

Maybe use a pin with pin hole, a stronger part, rather than the 00+ parts. Just move the steering for closer in.

well @Aventador2004  I ended up redesigning the frame and ended up with this!!!  

I named it the "jimmy" AWD off road chassis, with ackermann steering, AWD with center diff and a all new design I came up with!!  

custom frame with heavy reinforcement and field tested  by me!!!

light weight and small size with 4 wheel live suspension 

It still a WIP!!  and its way better then the default 42075 chassis 

and on this video , my goal is to make it up a foot high of rocks and darn!!! almost!! darn u-joints!!! 

This chassis could replace your default chassis from the Lego set 42075 

and even backwards I almost made it!! 

IMG_20180916_172031

IMG_20180916_172034

IMG_20180916_172046

Here is an update with my "jimmy" chassis. It does fit into the Lego 42075 chassis and with this configuration , I don't have any issues with the steering motor mount and you can take this chassis to the next level on out door operations!! 

The output pf the dual Lego l motors are tied directly to the differential's with no gearing up or down . You can add gearing if need to. 

sirslayer lego technicsirslayer lego technic

sirslayer lego technic

Edited by sirslayer

@I_Igor thank you and I finally patched the chassis and added 67.8mm tires and my chassis is almost done!!   don't know how many sets are the same scales as the Lego set 42075 first responder!!  I was looking at your unimog and to be honest I never heard of a unimog till early this year!!  and by any chance the lego set 42068 B model , boat transport. Ive noticed the model kind a resemble the unimog and I was going to convert my fire truck into the B model. Is that the same scale as your unimog ??  I would like to build one once I figured out  an "unimog" !1 

and It finally past my rock crawling test !!   and my name is Victor!!  I have a brother named Vic, A sister named Victoria, my father Victor , Im Victor Jr, My son is Victor III We lived in the Victor Valley near Victorville, California and my brother Vic lives on Victor St.  

And I assume surname Mendoza :wink: 

Vic is short of Victor (here in Croatia) but you seem to have Victorious family :thumbup:.

BTW my father's uncle was Victor.

About Unimog; I have two chassis: one long wheelbase in scale 1:18 (in case Lego 95mm tractor tires for one model that I would like to build if pf functions I would be able to squeeze inside) and another short wheelbase in scale 1:15. The latest one is much sturdier; both chassis and axles. 1:15 scale could enable me to build several systems tractors and telehandler and trucks and...you got the point. Currently I'm thinking how to make Unimog cab lighter and JCB Fastrac 4220 chassis more sturdier and to Incorporate 3 way steering g mode but different than CLAAS because JCB has all-around suspension. For first responder it looks like it is some 1:15 or 1:16 scale based on wheels, but I could be wrong...

But I know you have fun driving your moc, at least I would :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

@I_Igor yes sir!!!  Im a Mendoza and my family is has a good history.,   my father is a rocket engineer ! (plastic mechanic) for the Apollo and Space Shuttle program during 60's to 80's . I do plan to do a shuttle or even a space X technic model!!  

4 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

@I_Igor yes sir!!!  Im a Mendoza and my family is has a good history.,   my father is a rocket engineer ! (plastic mechanic) for the Apollo and Space Shuttle program during 60's to 80's . I do plan to do a shuttle or even a space X technic model!!  

Well I can only take my hat of...I do not have such history, but reason I can send you via PM. Long time ago I have lived for a while in LA, but only for studying English language during summer 1991...

@I_IgorI'm no angel !!  :)  

@TechnicRCRacer I've done more reinforcements on the rear and front differential framing area. My frame need more cross members since im not using any 5x7 or 7x11 H-ladder frames and its a custom frame based from my prototype the "jimmy" chassis.. why jimmy??   first of all the frame and suspension looks like a grasshopper or even a cricket. Being americantized , Jimmy the cricket from Disney and Gmc truck the Jimmy 4x4  just fits together!!!The use of rare parts I would guess marks its uniqueness however its all about weight parts and balance. The red colored half beveled gears weighs a little bit more then the tan colored beveled gears and even more then that , is the fact the red colored gears have a margin of 0.001 in weight differences after being brand new and being used on the field.The tan colored gears are have a greater margin of weight errors with the weight having a difference up to 0.01 due to uneven wear with heavy uses of them in a months time I will weigh out the red colored gears and see how much wear had occurred .. I would guess it would be better due to the nature of the color red in the Lego technic world . Here some examples I have done to the chassis.. 

I have three versions of the steering sets starting with the current version that allows the use of 67.8 mm tires and also the the 56mm size. (some parts were removed to see the inner detail). 

IMG_20180924_191830

IMG_20180924_191839

and this is for the Lego 42075 mod with two types of steering that accepts the 49mm tires One one of them haves positive castors!!  

IMG_20180917_072001

IMG_20180919_145943

Right on!!  I just won this for $55 usd dollars!!  looks like a Lego set 42029 with Lego's Pf addons and other city sets....   Now I can experience Lego Rc on a bigger model!  

MIXED-LEGO-SETS-OUT-OF-BOX-OLDER-SETS-LEGO-CITY-LEGO-TECHNIC

MIXED LEGO SETS *OUT OF BOX* OLDER SETS LEGO CITY/LEGO TECHNIC

Condition:
Used

Ended:
Sep 26, 2018 , 10:37

Winning bid:
US $55.00
1 bid ]

Here is some pictures of reinforcing the diff's. Using 8lL or is it 9L??  with stops seems to help!!

20180927_182442 (1)

IMG_20180927_104443

Edited by sirslayer

I think 8l with stops are better, but you can always make it stiffer with black frames 5 X 7. If you need suspended axle  you can use ball joints from Unimog to build torque tube :wink:

After collecting all your thoughts and a little advise from the Professor, I have recently bought some Lego goodies from ebay and for 3 x = $8 USD , I got this!!  

Lego Technic 8273 project

and boy!!  I was pleased on what it is for and it does wonders to save your u-joints!!  

it allows your u-joint to fit inside a ball joint that has a short sleeve to cover the end of your u-joint to prevent the ends to crack due to a very thin housing and the ball joint reinforce and provide a degree of movement . I've installed it on my jimmy chassis and the results are impressive..  !!!

of course it is ackermann compliant 

Lego Technic 8273 projectLego Technic 8273 project

Edited by sirslayer

and here is a youtube video of the jimmy chassis suspension tuning and im impress with the results .. on this video the chassis is riding on 67.8mm tires 

and of course the jimmy chassis is a small scale 4 wheel AWD with a center diff. and I actually really like this setup since the center diff and chassis was built from a frame that i designed that uses a reversed form of leaf springs on the suspension.

IMG_20180916_124520

the shocks are mounted on the end of the reversed leaf spring!! 

also I would like to share is the Lego 8273 upgrade project Ive have started a few months ago and I recently ran across this beautiful set from Lego set 8273 the Off Road Truck !!

8273-0000-xx-12-1

and I had enough parts to build one and I was impress by it small scale and lots of functions, easy this makes this set one of my favorites!!   the small scale is not nice if you want to "RC" or not even a drive train but this set came out many years ago and I think today is the right day to mod this set ..  first of all I added a small 4 piston engine!!

20190111_120749

and I even included a video !!

sorry for the audio!!!  my computer does make a loud noise!!

and also the 8273 came with its default suspension and added pendular front suspension 

Lego technic 8273 off road mod fire sem-truck support

Ah the 49.5 tires are just made for this truck. Unimog torque tube (together with ball joint) is the most robust life axle solution and it helps a lot when making off-road or pickup (it could be hot rod pickup :devil: )

I'm no fan of axle based engines, but I do not thing you can squeeze ordinary Lego engine inside. So it is good modification, perhaps to stick with colors from original set; at least for chassis (lbg frames and beams)

Regards