Evilkirk

[MOC] Nym's Havoc - Scurrg H-6 Bomber

Old Skool gamers will probably remember this powerful ship from the Star Wars Starfighter / Jedi Starfighter series on the PS2/Xbox.
A Scurrg H-6 prototype bomber with 6 forward firing canons, a top laser turret and an 'energy bomlet' dropper underneath which essentially gives this ship an unlimited payload.
The Feeorin pirate Nym modified the ship for 2 astromech droids to act as co-pilots, giving space for 3 passengers and a small amount of room for cargo.

I hope you like the ship, I thoroughly enjoyed building it!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/evilkirk/albums/72157691295461952/with/39838113945/

Nym's HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe HavocThe Havocscale photoHavoc

Edited by Evilkirk

Nice! I've been putting off trying to design a build for this for ages. Could never figure out where to start.

You've captured the shape really well. :)

7 hours ago, Moppo said:

Nice! I've been putting off trying to design a build for this for ages. Could never figure out where to start.

You've captured the shape really well. :)

Thanks, I started on the 'wing tips' and worked my way inwards... which was weird because I usually begin with a cockpit, but it kinda worked out!

Hey, you've got a fine-looking MOC on your hands there!

Like Moppo, the Havoc's been on my build list for a loooong time.... but it's "curvy pancake" intricacy has always scared me away. Overall, I think you did an excellent job of capturing the subtleties of the shaping here- and still managed to get a spacious interior! The usage of that Hero Factory cockpit piece is absolutely spot-on. I would like to see the cannons and rear fins (?) extended to better match the source material though. Moreover, lengthening those would add some visual interest by breaking up the rectangular profile of the ship. 

Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks, I always put that to show the scale with other ships... but Kylo's Tie is a bit out of place there lol