WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71021 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18

LEGO COLLECTABLE MINIFIGURES SERIES 18  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 18?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 18?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series

Did you have any issues with the mouse and connecting it to a mini figure's hand. When I tried it the mouse did want to stay on, when I could get it to connect. I was able to connect it to mini figure plate. Thinking it would help connect it to a hand but that haven't seem to help. 

On 4/2/2018 at 9:57 AM, WhiteFang said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. I am glad you had enjoyed the review.

Thank you for always providing such a fun and detaied review!  I always look forward to it!

Today I found a Classic police officer in one box!

It's awesome!:classic::classic::classic:

I was feeling itabout 30 minutes and I think the employees said:What kinda weird guy?*huh*

Edited by Good Old Dude

On 2.4.2018 at 3:57 PM, WhiteFang said:

Wow, K.D. It's hard for you to rate a series as outstanding. I am glad you like this series despite many past licensed CMFs release lately. 

:wink:

On 2.4.2018 at 3:57 PM, WhiteFang said:

More importantly, the minifigures are now officially released on 1 Apr 18 and is no April Fool Joke. Have you got any luck getting your favourite minifigures?

Thanks for the info, WhiteFang! :classic:

Although here in Germany it looks like if they were only sold via S@H at the moment and in regular toy shops firstly in May (or late April). At least TRU hasn't listed them. So I still need to wait. But I ordered one box via a local toy shop. So I for sure will get at least one Classic Policeman. (And then I do need to resell some of the not needed minifigs in order to get some money back.)

On 3/31/2018 at 10:32 AM, Peppermint_M said:

It does. He is :laugh: His face is like a slightly more mature (and modern LEGO design) of Rocket Racer. I have a LEGO racers poster stuck to a cabinet and indeed they compare. (The figures popped up early locally). 

Finally after all these years we get a Rocket Racer!

It's great that he was able to be included! It's important to realize that the newest generation of collectors here are the ones that played with the LEGO Media games when they were younger. A lot of iconic LEGO characters were being "born" around that era and being able to call back to them now only grabs the attention of those fans who grew up with them. 

It's not about slabbing classic logos on figures and saying it's an "Easter Egg" but knowing the general product and how it truly affected fans and the brand.

@WhiteFang Thanks for the review and pics! Always enjoy reading what people have to say about the Minifigures, especially for the non licenses stuff :classic:

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments. :sweet: 

On 4/4/2018 at 3:51 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Did you have any issues with the mouse and connecting it to a mini figure's hand. When I tried it the mouse did want to stay on, when I could get it to connect. I was able to connect it to mini figure plate. Thinking it would help connect it to a hand but that haven't seem to help. 

Yes, I got difficulty and it ended up on the floor instead. 

12 hours ago, x105Black said:

Worst in the series.

That 'worst' is incredibly expensive in the resale market.... 

1 hour ago, WhiteFang said:

That 'worst' is incredibly expensive in the resale market.... 

Desirable for rarity and resale value, not quality, though there are some who want it for the nostalgia / history (again, not quality).

The 1978 police officer is the best minifig of them all.Why you don't like it?It isn't bad if it's retro.

5374701-o_1cbaat3821dqo84s1phv2ov1ts7e-X

P.S.I made this image myself.

Copyright Good Old Dude©!

It is ok if someone don't like that minifigure,opinions are divided.

only the one who don't have it can say,,This minifigure is bad"for that minifigure.

I have it,It rocks!

758990792.jpg

1 hour ago, Good Old Dude said:

only the one who don't have it can say,,This minifigure is bad"for that minifigure.

I have it,It rocks!

What? Anyone can share their opinion whether they have it or not.

Its a bland boring outdated figure which was marginalized from the beginning with the unwise decision of only including one per box deliberately fabricating scarcity and allegedly leading to some sort of incident that resulted in a directive about shuffling the box contents before placing them out on specific store sales floors. It has a historic significance, sure, but it has been damaged by the resultant intentionally induced frenzy around it and that history is now tarnished and will be remembered by at least some fans as something akin to Diet Mr. Gold. Its also of extremely limited use as basically a trophy figure; it doesn't fit in Town or any other theme due to its extremely simple, homely, basic, obsolete and passe aesthetics and parts and will likely be mostly relegated to those picture-frame-style display boxes where it will hang on AFOL walls doing nothing except promoting celibacy. Awesome.

I like the cop because it's bland and retro - that's the idea.  It's the only one in the series I'd really want and, of course, TLG pulled a really #!% move and put only one in a box.  Why they do #%@# like that is completely beyond me, and sends a message that they don't really give a #@# about their customers - just keep buying.

Sorry for all the foul language, I'm in a mood, but the shoe does certainly fit.

WhiteFang, as usual, you're review is absolutely awesome and incredibly useful, but this series is terrible, IMO.

About the cop, I'm glad he didn't take the spot of a real CMF. I'm just going to ignore him and get the normal 16 minifigures from the series. 

About him being rare.... well I think he should have never been in the CMF wave in first place. He should have been a polybag or a special promotional set. 

For the record, I like the Classic Police minifigure. It’s nice, retro and perfect to pay homage to Classic Town. More importantly, I grew up with Classic Town. Hence, my liking for it. However, in order to get it, you either get a sealed box or pray you encounter a sealed box when it open. Otherwise, it is probably the resale market. I personally think that they had learnt from the Series 17 Highway Man whereas abundance of it despite of it being ‘mysterioius’. Whereas, to control the actual distribution count is the key to a minifigure extrinsic value. That’s ironic but I am damn glad it is not as hard as Mr Gold. 

33 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

For the record, I like the Classic Police minifigure. It’s nice, retro and perfect to pay homage to Classic Town. More importantly, I grew up with Classic Town. Hence, my liking for it. However, in order to get it, you either get a sealed box or pray you encounter a sealed box when it open. Otherwise, it is probably the resale market. I personally think that they had learnt from the Series 17 Highway Man whereas abundance of it despite of it being ‘mysterioius’. Whereas, to control the actual distribution count is the key to a minifigure extrinsic value. That’s ironic but I am damn glad it is not as hard as Mr Gold. 

Not as hard to get, but still too limited.

Thanks for the review as always, WhiteFang!!

For me, the 1978 Policeman is a reminder of how far we’ve come in minifigure technology. The original one didn’t even have a printed torso! I often find myself wanting these detailed figures because we are capable of them now. But it’s kind of nice to have something that showcases where it all began. Having it in a promotional set, while a neat idea, kind of ruins the point of celebrating 40 years of minifigures. Sure, he’s as basic as can be, but he’s a reissue of something I could never get my hands on, since I wasn’t even born until over a decade after its release. And I’ll echo the fact that at least it’s a marginal improvement from Mr. Gold, which I hope never ever happens again...

8 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

You got it, White Fang!

That ,,worst"in CMFS 18 is so expensive on the internet.So it's better to buy it in shop for regular minifigure price then buying it on the internet.

Edited by Good Old Dude

If anyone wants it for the retro feel, why not just buy a used original one with genuine worn sticker? Much cheaper, and you'll be able to afford a few similar firemen too.

Because the series is aimed at the general Lego consumer who doesn't know how to use Bricklink.