Hi,

Here is my latest model (it is again an exclusive commissioned model, sorry for that), an Aston Martin DB9 Volante:

40726507731_7c317c0d5e_b.jpg

It has the regular features:

- Independent suspension on all wheels
- Steering with Ackerman geometry and caster angle
- A 5+R manual gearbox
- A V12 fake engine
- Adjustable seats
- Openable doors, hood and bonnet

And as a special function it also has a convertible roof.

39831504625_8459cf25d4_c.jpg

The mechanism inside is not automated, like I did on my Ferrari 458, but it does fold itself like the real thing. Which means that the top part of the roof folds in three parts on top of each other. It was a real puzzle to get that mechanism working, but I am very pleased with the end-result. The cover is custom made from a thin cloth.

Some more pictures:

39831504715_2b31beb93f_c.jpg

39831504815_509949d9bc_c.jpg

39831504955_8cfee990b8_c.jpg

I hope you like it :classic:

Leg godt

Jeroen

Again a masterpiece! I remember when you said that the db11 was your last. Thanks for being wrong!

Fantastic model. Is it in 1:10?

Brilliant use of the katana's as front grille btw, very creative:thumbup:

Beautiful model! The details and curves are fantastic! The only thing I'd like to see is the roof folded and unfolded from raised up perspective. Great job though and keep up the awesome work!

Stunning creation Jeroen, but not your best. The hood and side lines are great. Only don't like the convertible top and the back of the car.:wink:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

7 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Again a masterpiece! I remember when you said that the db11 was your last. Thanks for being wrong!

I remember writing that down and thinking to myself that I shouldn't do that, because these kind of statements always come back to bite you :laugh:

5 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Fantastic model. Is it in 1:10?

Brilliant use of the katana's as front grille btw, very creative:thumbup:

Yes it is 1:10

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

This is beautiful. There are supercars, and there are ones like this that are just so... perfect.

Any chance for a video?

I totally forgot to post the video: here you go:

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Beautiful model! The details and curves are fantastic! The only thing I'd like to see is the roof folded and unfolded from raised up perspective. Great job though and keep up the awesome work!

The video has a bit higher perspective, is that good enough?

8 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Stunning creation Jeroen, but not your best. The hood and side lines are great. Only don't like the convertible top and the back of the car.:wink:

I still have some time to tinker with this one. Can you be more explicit on what you don't like about the roof and back?

Thanks everybody for all the positive and constructive comments

Edited by Jeroen Ottens
proper YouTube link

14 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

The video has a bit higher perspective, is that good enough?

Much better! It's makes me want one! Again, beautiful looking model!

A barrocus car with romanic solutions, a perfect balance with not many pieces very well placed, congratulations. Most of times I can´t finish a MOC for myself I couldn´t never build a MOC for another. Sometimes I draw for people but with no time limit I do it when I want, but when I have a time limit, I can do nothing.

It looks amazing. :wub: Except that one little bit in the back where the chassis/other internals bright colors show. And that one lone flex axle where a spoiler should be.

Katanas. Never thought of them as a grille. Excellent parts use! :thumbup:

I must ask you to please stop making commissioned models... It's just not fair! :wink:

Very nice work again - I instantly recognized the car when I saw the first picture :thumbup:! It seems your dear customer is a citizen of British Empire, same who ordered the recent Ferrari 458 :grin: ?

I love the creative front grill. The idea with the soft top is very original, although I think the overall solution is not very elegant (I couldn´t do better anyway :wink:). The side view reveals some disproportion - IMO the rear end could be a stud higher and look a bit bulkier. Anyway, fantastic and professionally executed job!