AlmightyArjen

Three automated level crossings in a row...

Hey everyone,

I just finished my third automated level crossing: the 7835. Since I had also already automated the 7866 and the 10128 it was time to put them "in series". The 7835 is automated with the parts that are also used in the 7866. Enjoy :)

I like it very much Arjen! The arms go a little fast but that is the only critical comment that I could possibly make on it. 

Nice collection, although I agree the barriers are a little bit too guillotine-like :laugh:! I do appreciate that if they were slower, the sensors would have to be farther away, so it's a fair compromise. I like the lights; have you considered adding another dimension, sound? A warning siren might be interesting. Good work overall. 

Cool.  A fun mod could be to make the speed of the barrier arm proportional to the speed of the approaching train. 

Great job. Looks like it works perfectly. And as @JopieKI also noted that the crossings close very rapidly. You already see that behaviour in set 7866 and is probably necessary if you have short track lengths... It would be interesting to see how it would look like.

Thanks for the compliments! I understand the issue with the barriers moving too fast, I've done it for practical reasons. I like the idea about adjusting the speed of the barriers based on the speed of the train, although you need some additional equipment for that. I'm going to make a realistic level crossing in the future for sure!

Hey I am very curious how is the crossing controlled automatically. is it by the motion sensor from Mindstorm series? thanks

I use the arduino platform with normal IR sensors. I don't use the Mindstorms platform, as those sensors cost the tenfold of a normal regular sensor.