Hi all, 

Embarked on this project after having a bunch of green wheels left over from giving my Flying Scotsman black ones instead.

The P2's were built in the 1930's and designed by Sir Nigel Gresley. They went through many looks throughout their time, but the most unique and original was the one i've built below.

All were scrapped, but two new ones are being built for mainline running! The first, No 2007 'Prince of Wales' is due to be finished in 2020, built by the same folks who built No 60163 'Tornado'.

The build is 6-wide with Power Functions in the tender. I'm looking into ways of detailing it with stickers and prints in future!

26789371408_9de9b7505c_b.jpg

This started as a digital design, like many engines I build:

25418716737_d678e116b0_b.jpg

A photo of the engine with my Scotsman and Mallard builds:

39775107585_03497d8b36_b.jpg

Edited by Bricksmith

That's a really good build, well done! My only criticism is that it looks odd without the cylinders, and basic (or even static!) valve gear. Otherwise, it's excellent for a 6-wide model. 

What a beauty! 

What I really appreciate in your three models is the "feel" of  British elegance in locomotive design. 

I'd really love to see a Stirling Single Driver made with the same style! :laugh:

@ColletArrow  Thanks!! I'm looking into ways of having some kind of piston rod motion on my models, though it'll be tricky with the P2 as there's barely enough space even for Slide Bars.

@Paperinik77pk Thankyou! It's always my goal in that scale to make sure the right proportions are there, since they're not as detailed as other builds.

@LEGO Train 12 Volts Thankyou very much! :) 

Looks great! :sweet: Cant wait to see the showcase video! (you may need to update your signature to turn the green wheels into black ones)

Edited by 577

@577 Thanks! I have a couple to do before I get there but I've got those all planned out now. Will change it in due course, but those signatures are always a fiddle to get right xD

@zephyr1934 Thankyou very much!!!