Pobblebonk

Add/Increase tolerance for brick placement in LDD

I have encountered the problem that LDD wont let me place some bricks because they would be inside other bricks just a little bit (less than a millimeter). Since I dont want to rebuild my whole creation (more than 8k bricks) I search for a way to increase the tolerance for brick placement. I already took a look on the code but it seems like it is way to much for searching trough it. Could anyone help me with my problem?

Problem.jpg

Developer mode can disable collision check, but as the name itself says, it is not for production.
Open the file in any other LDD installation will remove the bricks.

Excluding a bug or a poorly moulded digital brick, the problem is due to something wrong in the building. Instead then try a workaround, the best practice would be to try to understand why the problem happens. Even if real bricks would allow to build the structure, probably the result would be an excessive strain for the bricks that would damage them over time.

Anyway in your case the problems seems to be something wrong in the base of the column, maybe a slightly wrong angle that produce the collision in the upper part. Try to select, move and then replace the structure from the basis (or maybe share the lxf file).

Edited by Calabar

13 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

What your looking for is developer mode! Checkout this thread for details:

4 hours ago, Calabar said:

Developer mode can disable collision check, but as the name itself says, it is not for production.
Open the file in any other LDD installation will remove the bricks.

Excluding a bug or a poorly moulded digital brick, the problem is due to something wrong in the building. Instead then try a workaround, the best practice would be to try to understand why the problem happens. Even if real bricks would allow to build the structure, probably the result would be an excessive strain for the bricks that would damage them over time.

Anyway in your case the problems seems to be something wrong in the base of the column, maybe a slightly wrong angle that produce the collision in the upper part. Try to select, move and then replace the structure from the basis (or maybe share the lxf file).

thanks for your answers! I will try dev mode.