Juxtapoisson

Need advice for bamboo blinds.

I need to make something more or less to scale of minifigures that will look like a bamboo style window blind.  Just the generic ones that you can find in a department store, this isn't an Asian inspired build.

I would love some amount of functionality.  The ability to roll up, I don't really need it to be so complicated as to involve draw strings.  But function follows form here, something that looks right but doesn't roll can be considered.  Especially if it can be built into a partially rolled mostly closed blind arrangement.

The roll up garage door pieces used on the new Destiny's Bounty (Ninjago 70618) are great, but probably way too big for a minifigure window.

I would like suggestions for something smaller.  Is there some kind of clip or linkage I should check out?  Something with flag poles or wands?

Any ideas are good ideas.

How about the bridge pieces in the Ninjago Master Falls 70608?

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

Edited by beverly888

The part beverly888 refers to is this:

https://brickset.com/parts/6097524/track-element-5x1-5

The good news is that it is close to the right color for bamboo and they are flexible when connected together.  You can roll them up or down.  What makes it more challenging is that it will probably only work for a window that is four studs in length.  Because the part is 5 studs, you need to come up with a way to center them and allow for a little overlap on each side.  

19 hours ago, SassQueen said:

You mean horizontal, correct?

Yes.  Though most vertical options are probably adaptable, other than being too long.

17 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

I would use bars

A whole bunch of 3long or 4 long bars

Bars are great.  But I don't know of any way to connect them where the connectors wouldn't be huge and bulky.

16 hours ago, beverly888 said:

How about the bridge pieces in the Ninjago Master Falls 70608?

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

25 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

The part beverly888 refers to is this:

https://brickset.com/parts/6097524/track-element-5x1-5

The good news is that it is close to the right color for bamboo and they are flexible when connected together.  You can roll them up or down.  What makes it more challenging is that it will probably only work for a window that is four studs in length.  Because the part is 5 studs, you need to come up with a way to center them and allow for a little overlap on each side.  

This is pretty good.  The 5 stud issue is easily solved.  I am worried that it might be too lumpy once rolled, but it seems to be the best option.

Thank you all.

I saw a design for vertical blinds using flat tiles connected the top withn 1x1 plate w/ clip, clips attaching to a bar.

It would be maybe a smidge bulky, but depending on the depth of your wall you might be able to make it work.  Bar goes into a stack of 1x2 bricks w/ groove.

Didn't have time to mock it up at home; let me see if I can figure it out this weekend.

One way I can think of to get the bars to work would be by using lego string on each side individually tied around each bar.  The tracks sound easier for sure