LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Quinnsville Shipyard

Quinnsville Shipyard

Quinnsville, long known for it's seafaring history with the many voyages of the retired Junkyard Fleet, will now have the means to produce high quality vessels at a competitive rate thanks to the new shipyard!

38630400510_a827c7e073_b.jpgQV7.1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Shown here are a large group of craftsmen working at full capacity to complete these vessels. The crane is lifting in the masts for the less completed ship.

40396803502_0457f5737d_b.jpgQV7.2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Shown is the supplies, tools and wood cutting stations. The foreman's office is also shown.

38630399980_83bf1b2658_b.jpgQV7.3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Thank you all for checking out my latest build! This one was really fun to build! It will be licensed as a large factory. C&C and questions are welcome and appreciated!

Aye, a nice build indeed.

There are a lot of little scenes to watch, and those WIP ships are well done. I do like that there is an interior to the office building (but I doubt the roof could hold that crane :pir-grin:).

While the variety of browns used is good, I would have appreciated a bit more colour. Apart from that the only other suggestion would be to maybe tile the water with trans-blue pieces, to differentiate the water a bit more from the brown studded piers.

Overall: well done! I really appreciate that Quinnsville is getting some love again. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

That's a great LDD shipyard !! Congratz !!

The WIP ship are well designed

Thank you very much!

50 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Aye, a nice build indeed.

There are a lot of little scenes to watch, and those WIP ships are well done. I do like that there is an interior to the office building (but I doubt the roof could hold that crane :pir-grin:).

While the variety of browns used is good, I would have appreciated a bit more colour. Apart from that the only other suggestion would be to maybe tile the water with trans-blue pieces, to differentiate the water a bit more from the brown studded piers.

Overall: well done! I really appreciate that Quinnsville is getting some love again. :thumbup:

I'm glad that you like the WIP ships, they were pretty fun to build! I definitely keep the water effects in mind for any other water builds I do. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, this is only the beginning of what I have planned for the rejuvenating of Quinnsville! I'm just waiting until after the King's Harbour Ball, so I can move my main characters to Quinnsville.

Great shipyard,
I especially like the outside of the building, and the sawhorse with saw placement. 
And excellent work on all the minifig placements. 

Bart

Very nice yard indeed sir.  The ships are quite well done.  

I do agree about the structural integrity of the roof ... I would have liked to see it on a scaffold with the office built within its supports.  The only other thing I seen was the chain ... If you would have placed them on jumper tiles to give a slight gap and to create chain droop ... Im sure this is easier said then done in LDD

Other than that solid build

11 hours ago, Bart said:

Great shipyard,
I especially like the outside of the building, and the sawhorse with saw placement. 
And excellent work on all the minifig placements. 

Bart

Thank you Bart!

Just now, Roadmonkeytj said:

Very nice yard indeed sir.  The ships are quite well done.  

I do agree about the structural integrity of the roof ... I would have liked to see it on a scaffold with the office built within its supports.  The only other thing I seen was the chain ... If you would have placed them on jumper tiles to give a slight gap and to create chain droop ... Im sure this is easier said then done in LDD

Other than that solid build

Thank you! Yes, the chain was a bit of a pain to implement... it didn't turn out quite as I would have liked, but I was happy with the look in the end. The lack of proper roof support is definitely a missed detail on my part though... I am glad that you like it though!

A busy shipyard you got here, Blackbird. The ship frame and dock facilities look very convincing.:thumbup: