Bley Harvest

75201 First Order AT-ST MOD/MOC

LFaP6yY.jpg

I posted this over on Reddit, but I figure it might be appreciated here as well.

My favorite Star Wars vehicle has always been the AT-ST. I was excited to see that a First Order update would be featured in TLJ, and even more so once I heard there would be a Lego set. However, like many fans, I was pretty disappointed in what Lego and Disney came up with for 75201.
As lacking as the set was, I couldn't pass up those minifigs, so I resolved to buy it and build a head myself. I started out in LDD, mostly riffing on the construction techniques of 75153. There isn't a ton of reference available for the FO AT-ST yet, so I mostly used the image from the TLJ encyclopedia, and a few frame grabs from Battlefront 2.
I would have loved to do the whole thing in Dark Blue Gray, but a number of the parts I utilized aren't available in that color, plus the bulk of 75201 is Light Blue Gray. I tried to find a balance between Light and Dark, and I think it is mostly effective.
I've had generally bad experiences with BrickLink, so I placed a Bricks and Pieces order totaling around $50. Pieces arrived yesterday and I finally got the whole thing together last night. While I wish Lego would have given us a complete First Order AT-ST, I actually had a lot of fun designing and building this one. Hope you like it.

Full Gallery Here: https://imgur.com/gallery/qdtG0

Edited by Bley Harvest

Nice mod! This is how the set actually should've been. I feel like releasing a set with an incomple AT-ST and movie spoiler was a big mistake.

Edited by Trance89

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

Wow, that is actually a really exceptional build for the head, great job!

Thanks Forresto!

2 minutes ago, Trance89 said:

Nice mod! This is how the set actually should've been. I feel like releasing a set with an incomple AT-ST and movie spoiler was a big mistake.

Thanks!  Yeah, I really didn't want to support this set by giving it a sale, but I'm a sucker for AT-STs I guess.

Now that's how you build an AT-ST! I really enjoy the build, the head is a fantastic addition to the legs. If I had one complaint, it would be the scale of the AT-ST in comparison to the minifigures. But you worked off of the set scale, so I can't really criticize you for working within those constraints. Overall, an awesome MOC!