Sign in to follow this  
ali1994

[MOC] LEGO Custom Modular Buildings Apple Store

Hello,

I would like to share my MOC design of Apple Store Modular Building. Just like many people, I am a huge fan of modular buildings sets. That is why I decided to design my own building, which is an Apple store. I tried to design it as simple as possible, using common pieces so that people can design it, modify it or purchases pieces for reasonable prices. On the other hand, I gave attention to modular buildings guidelines so that the building would fit nice with others.

It includes 2521 pieces and three floors that can be separated easily. It has a height of 30 studs, meaning that it is very similar to other latest modular buildings like Parisian Restaurant, Detective’s Office, Brick Bank etc. In my design, I decided to focus on different Apple products on different floors. I used first floor as a showroom where different products are displayed such as iMacs, Macbook Pros, iPhones and iPads. In the second floor, I focused on one of the important aspect of Apple Stores which is Genius Bar. On one side, customers can sit and get help for their product in Genius Bar. On the other side, they can purchase favorite accessories for their products. In the third floor, I focused on a different product which is Apple TV. Customers can enjoy trying Apple TVs along with iPads and iPods. Finally, I included iconic brick-built Apple logo so that you can spot Apple Store in your city!

The design is available on Rebrickable website. I think it is a fair price considering the size. If you decide to go for it, you will receive .lxf file for Lego Digital Designer (LDD), .io file for Stud.io and .xml file to upload part list to anywhere you want i.e Bricklink. You can generate a pdf instruction using LDD program which may be easier for you to build it. Also since you will be receiving design files, you can change it according to your desires if you want.

Here is the design link: Rebrickable

Here are some pictures. I hope you like it! I am open to every suggestion!

Flickr: Flickr

Custom Modular Buildings Apple StoreCustom Modular Buildings Apple StoreCustom Modular Buildings Apple StoreCustom Modular Buildings Apple Store

I like it!

What if you combined the first and second floors into a single floor?  I picture Apple Stores as having a lot of vertical space on the showroom floor, 2 floor's worth.  I would do a single staircase, to maximize the floorplan.