Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB1] The Reckoning: Chapter 2: Invasive species

The Reckoning: Chapter 2: Invasive species 

Type: Medium Educational

Previous Chapters

Spoiler

40599656632_ece56b800d_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

Dr. Vesper was not impressed with the state of Camp Isaac. Wayfarer Trading seemed to have its roots there already, and WTC marines seemed to be building some sort of "Waymart" here as well. But Dr. Vesper paid little attention, and instead walked to one of the smaller research buildings in the camp. 

40641798641_385326f51e_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

Randall Knox was a junior researcher in the field of Ornithology for the RSNP. He was a simple man who liked birds. And today he found the Belsonian exile in his research laboratory.

40641798691_9d5fb01d92_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

"Um hello there mate? Can I help you?" He asked Dr. Vesper cordially. 

"You must be Randall Knox... I have read some of your papers on the field of... well... l will use the laymans term... birds." Dr. Vesper said coldly. 

"And you are?" he asked, somewhat confused. 

"Dr. Vesper. Edmund Vesper. Please, sit down with me, I want to talk to you about a thing or two." Dr. Vesper continued. 

38831620530_b204503404_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

"Are you familiar with... the Tiberian Puffin?" Dr. Vesper asked.

39931785564_57c725d2a3_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

"Ah, of course. A small seafaring bird once found on Tiberia. Why do you ask?" Randall said.

38831619270_1b707c2979_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

"Do you recall why they are gone?" Dr. Vesper asked.

"Well, there are theories, but..."

"But we all know the truth. We killed them, we cooked them we and ate them. And our cats killed them. And the rats that snuck off our ships ate their eggs. Until there were no puffins left. None at all." Dr. Vesper said cooly. 

"But of course that's just a theory. And Tiberia holds many cliffs where Puffins could hide still..." Said Randall happily. 

"Ah, you are an optimist." Said Vesper with a frown.

"Yup! And I like birds!" Said Randall.

39931786184_d1555574f7_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

Dr. Vesper stood, and drew his pistol.

"What you are not getting is this: minifigures destroy. We take. We break things. And we forget about the consequences. I spent my life dedicated to building better ways to do this, only for them to toss me aside like rotting wood in a forest to be burned down anyway. And that is why now is the time of reckoning."

"What are you doing?" said Randall in a panic. "Put that thing away before someone gets hurt!"

Randall, stood up, only to be struck with the but of a pistol. He cried out, and was struck again. As he crawled away, Dr. Vesper beat him over and over until he stopped moving.

25770961527_14e35c645d_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

"Yes, Mr. Randall Knox. I think the time of reckoning is nigh."

Dr. Vesper dug into the back pocket of Randall's pants, and pulled out identification papers.

40641798211_4482cae913_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

He walked away smiling. 

39931785084_746547067b_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

"And I think it is high time paying King's Harbour a visit..."

26770184368_8e7de9d37d_z.jpgThe Reckoning Chapter 2 by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for viewing chapter 2 of the Reckoning! Thank you to @Bregir and @Ayrlego for reviewing the build, and @Drunknok for editing it. C&C appreciaited

There is a madman running around, stealing identities and... yes, what? Interesting times ahead of us for sure! :thumbup:

A lovely build, both outside and inside. The different reads and browns give the house a more "uncivilised" look, while it still looks like a proper structure, I like the effect. The river and the jungle look good - why did you not build for the Orchid challenge in B and C, you obviously have the parts?

If I had to criticise anything, it is that some of the parts are not firmly pressed together, in particular with the roof section.

An overall great build and story, I am already looking forward to the next chapter!

On 3/5/2018 at 5:30 PM, Drunknok said:

There is a madman running around, stealing identities and... yes, what? Interesting times ahead of us for sure! :thumbup:

I really hope to tell a proper story with this character, specifically one akin to @Kwatchi's Evil Bishop Story Arch. Hopefully I am doing so.

A lovely build, both outside and inside. The different reads and browns give the house a more "uncivilised" look, while it still looks like a proper structure, I like the effect. The river and the jungle look good - why did you not build for the Orchid challenge in B and C, you obviously have the parts?

Eh, It was on my list and I never got around to it. 

If I had to criticise anything, it is that some of the parts are not firmly pressed together, in particular with the roof section.

That's a common complaint with my builds :pir-laugh:

An overall great build and story, I am already looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank You! The next chapter will be released in April!