Kintobor

Mafia School- Mad Monster Mansion: Day One

26519429368_374f04d964_b.jpg

Day One: The Ghost and Mr. Kintobor

Guests arrived in a mass to the Mad Monster Mansion, ready for a night of food, dance, and music. The location was desolate and out of the way in a old, gnarled forest just south of the interstate. When they arrived after what felt like hours following an old, narrow trail, they found the old, derelict manor devoid of light, life or free food. The partygoers became distressed as they milled about in their costumes. Was this a trick? Was Kintobor lying about the party? Was this even the right house? It'd take hours to get back to their vehicles from which they got here.

39930830924_cbe5c524e1_o.jpg

A figure emerged into the crowd, his face featureless and his suit well tailored. He looked a little taller than the rest of the partygoers, but it might've been the light. He spoke in a strange voice.

40640880741_204cb9ee87_o.jpg
"Mfphom pho phy phewly phurchased-"

"Take off that ridiculous mask, you look completely silly and we can't hear you!" Someone shouted from the crowd. The mask came off with a "shlurp" as the partygoers gracious host revealed himself.

40640880931_f1966cabdb_o.jpg
"Sorry about that! Trying something a little new, is all. Welcome to my newly purchased mansion! I'm your host, Kintobor. Don't ask how I acquired this piece of property, just know that I bought it cheap enough that I managed to get this and several other really nifty costumes! Now then, I hate to say this, but I have some bad news. I just got off the phone with the local police chief. Apparently my mansion and the gold supposedly hidden inside are being targeted by a local mafia. After the tip off, the mafia killed the informant and drove here with invites they stole. They're probably with us right now. Violent criminals are here amongst us, dressed as monsters, and they want us, innocent townies dead. I know some of you are probably more familiar with such situations, but I feel now would be an excellent time to weed through ourselves and start finding out who amongst us is actually here with the intent to party."
Kintobor looks over his party guests, unsure over who he had given invites to and who was a mafia infiltrator.
"Well, it's a spooky costume party, so keep your costumes on. We can still have some amount of fun, even if there's criminals about." 

-Players-
25713656187_d0ec774b49_o.jpg
Bride of Dracula, costumed by Lady K

25713656157_553a6f1887_o.jpg
Dr. Frankenstein, costumed by Tariq j

25713656107_a752b7f290_o.jpg
Dracula, costumed by Rider Raider

25713656077_c815d027f8_o.jpg
Frankenstein's Rocker, costumed by LegoRacer1

26712690388_a4621df4cd_o.jpg
Gorgonzola, costumed by fhomess

26712690308_e7fc41008e_o.jpg
Maws, costumed by mediumsnowman

26712690238_5df7745e82_o.jpg
The Mutant Fly, costumed by Steamdemon

26712690138_76ff793471_o.jpg
The Mummy, costumed by Actor Builder

26712690018_8199e3dca0_o.jpg
The Swamp Creature, costumed by KotZ

26712689938_c76fba03fc_o.jpg
The Werewolf, costumed by LegoMonorailFan)

25713655597_cb4ca37cf9_o.jpg
Wicked Witch, costumed by Lord Duvors

25713655557_7d5edb2242_o.jpg
Zombie Bride, costumed by Khscarymovie4

25713655397_a53a0c367e_o.jpg
Zombie Groom, costumed by Forresto

25713655487_1b3ddf5a01_o.jpg
Zombie Cheerleader, costumed by jluck

---

Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through) (Also, thanks Def. I'm stealing your rules.:tongue:)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town.  Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death on your second offence.

---

40640880841_db1cd1428b_o.jpg
Hello, boys and girls! I see we have some new players with us. Gather around and your new friend Kintobor will give you some advice.

Should you lynch the first person who votes? No. This person is being productive by getting the town started in its day, and voting should be seen as pro-town. People who withhold their vote tend to do so for a reason. The first day lynch is almost always a townie, so don't feel too upset about it. Voting will help you later on, as it shows who voted for who, when they voted for who, and if they switched their vote. <Mafia members, consider voting for a teammate during the early game if possible. If they get lynched, you look good to the town, and if you get lynched, your teammate looks good to the town.>

Who should I vote for on Day One? Whoever gives you bad vibes. Are they being nonsensical? If you had to vote off someone today, knowing they might be town, who wouldn't make a big difference? Voting off scum is preferable, and always should be your goal, but sometimes you have to err on the side of safety. <Mafia, you're more or less safe as long as it isn't you. Don't go defending townies too strongly, though. It might look like a good idea, as you might think it'll make you look pro-town when the previous day's lynch turns up town. As Mafia members, you know who the other townies are, and this will backfire on you.>

How much role-play is too much? Look at it like this: roleplaying is the salad dressing on the salad. Go ahead and do so, just don't over do it, as that's not the focus of the game. The focus of the game is to outwit other humans. It's the focus and draw of Mafia as a game. Why did someone say this? Why did someone vote this way? What are people doing? These are questions you should be asking, not focusing on roleplaying.

I've got one last thing to say, and it was said by the great Def. Day One is building your fire, and Night One is lighting said fire. From there, everything will hopefully take shape. Send PMs to people you suspect and say you trust them, don't reveal too much, and most importantly, don't blab your role. DON'T BLAB YOUR ROLE. DO NOT BLAB YOUR ROLE DAY ONE. Kintobor will fail you from Mafia School.

As a note, all Roles used in this Mafia School game fall under the banner of Roles considered Explicit Normal from the MafiaScum Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game If you haven't played Mafia in a while, it might be wise to check up on the site, as some roles have been removed from the list.

Other than that, have fun!

Bzzzz, that'zzz not good. And thizzz party wazzz for charity! Mutant Fly izzz buzzing with anger!

Build the fire and light the fire.... I’ve got some chemicals that help with that!

Grrr! Mafia scum! I came here to enjoy the party, Not play detective! Show yourselves!

That dang mafia. We can't do anything without those troublesome nose-pickers doing something. You know I think we need a new police chief. 

2 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

That dang mafia. We can't do anything without those troublesome nose-pickers doing something. You know I think we need a new police chief. 

Eh, they're not all bad, they're great in stews and soups.

Ok, so no food....wine maybe...a deep blood red will do just nicely to begin this evening....

Always has to ruin the fun, those scum.

Zombie groom and i'm here to say,

The Mafia should go away,

let us enjoy our shindig creature shuffle,

we don't want no kerfuffle!

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

That wazz very beautiful, zzir.

15 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Greeting, what a long walk to find out I might be killed by mafia.

Which is why we need to get them first.

13 hours ago, Forresto said:

Ok, where is the blood, I mean wine?  Obviously you know where it is...

I'll take eggs instead of wine.

7 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

If you don't know where it is I can help find it. 

Do you know where the mafia is? Because i'd very much like to know where that is?

9 minutes ago, Lady K said:

Which is why we need to get them first.

Ok, where is the blood, I mean wine?  Obviously you know where it is...

Between the dancing skeletons and pink elephants *Hic* I think, I don't know talk to the big ghoul by the column.

2 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Do you know where the mafia is? Because i'd very much like to know where that is?

Between the dancing skeletons and pink elephants *Hic* I think, I don't know talk to the big ghoul by the column.

I was talking about the bloo...I mean wine.

Looks like we're in for a scary good time!

imdeadinside.jpeg

Just now, jluck said:

imdeadinside.jpeg

What a coincidence i'm dead on the outside!

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

I'll take eggs instead of wine.

I would like some Orange Juice, maybe served with a slice of lemon.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

What a coincidence i'm dead on the outside!

I have erm... created people who are dead on the outside. :grin:

2 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

I was talking about the bloo...I mean wine.

Well I am rather thirsty. Could you go get me some..... wine. And also some gut..... Pizza. 

I ordered a large gut pizza from Dominos! When it arrives we can split the pizza and the deliver, vampires get his blood, zombies get his brain, the rest of us can split the rest.