Kenneth-DK

Tron Legacy Light Cycle

First of all, this is not my design. It was designed by Jack Marquez, who was so kind to also provide instructions as how to build it :-)
I took the liberty of using his instructions to build the Light Cycle, build a base for it and then added light to it, as it seemed the right thing to do, to really bring Jack’s Light Cycle to life.
Adding light to my LEGO creations seems to be my thing ;-)
I hope you all like it :-)

Tron01.JPG.3f9c1b92633b289e2c18ebfbff85aec5.JPG

Edit: Im sorry, Im having alot of trouble adding pictures, and even removing this big one that I only managed to add. Im aware that I should deep link from Flickr, but Im failing to get that to work too :cry_sad:

Please bear over with me and be kind and visit my Flickr account to see the Light Cycle lit up from the inside by LED lights :blush:

Ooh wow!  I tell you, there is no way the upcoming Ideas set can match up to this one....

2 hours ago, Kenneth-DK said:

Thank you Digger, for your kind help with the picture.. :blush:

And your kind words of course :grin:

You're welcome! :sweet:

1 hour ago, NathanR said:

Ooh wow!  I tell you, there is no way the upcoming Ideas set can match up to this one....

Well, I think the proposed model for the Ideas project was way too embellished, and I seriously doubt that the final product will turn out that way (at least I hope it doesn't).

That's so sweet! :laugh: What did you use as a lightsource if I might ask?

Imagine having an orange one lit up besides it... :wub_drool:

On 6/3/2018 at 10:19 AM, -zenn said:

That's so sweet! :laugh: What did you use as a lightsource if I might ask?

Imagine having an orange one lit up besides it... :wub_drool:

I used a few 3mm LEDs for the wheels and the light trail and on SMD0402 for the mid section of the bike. And yes !!! The 0402 is really that small! :laugh: Luckily the wires are presoldered onto that one :wink:

PS: Sorry that the links are to a danish site :blush:

Regarding an orange bike: A very interesting idea!! I just looked at Bricklink and although the 3x3 dish does come in an transparent orange, there seems to be no glass in the same colour though :sceptic: Only in neon orange...:cry_sad: But I will keep the idea in mind :wink:

On 5/3/2018 at 10:51 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

You're welcome! :sweet:

Well, I think the proposed model for the Ideas project was way too embellished, and I seriously doubt that the final product will turn out that way (at least I hope it doesn't).

Im no big fan of the upcomming LEGO Ideas version either.. First of all, Jacks version has been out for several years now (yes... I'm a bit slow with my projects...:blush:) And second of all, I like Jack's version so much more... It's more simple... More "organic" in its construction... I like it :wub:

7 hours ago, Kenneth-DK said:

Im no big fan of the upcomming LEGO Ideas version either.. First of all, Jacks version has been out for several years now (yes... I'm a bit slow with my projects...:blush:) And second of all, I like Jack's version so much more... It's more simple... More "organic" in its construction... I like it :wub:

I don't believe Disney will allow Lego to simply represent their own property with that proposal build of theirs, as Lego designers will more likely take after Jack's cleaner design with perhaps added printing for some of the finer detailing.

The lights are fantastic. I really think that Lego needs to make a rechargeable LED 2x2 brick that can be used in these types of models. I am sure they would sell loads.