Sign in to follow this  
51alexp

(MOC) advice needed for Milano moc!

Hey guys! New here! I think the Milano from GOTG is the best designed space ship in recent years. I really wanted a good LEGO version of it, so I bought the instructions and pieces I needed for Tyler Clites UCS model. I like his design, but think there’s room for improvement on the interior, I’d love to expand the downstairs quarters, add some more chairs to the table, add the 2 large cylinders by the rear window, make an accurate staircase to the top flight deck, and the arch ways around the stairs. I want to accomplish this without compromising the other design, I’m fine with the bottom being larger though. Has anyone here built this MOC and have any ideas? Any input at all would be appreciated! 

Edited by 51alexp

Hey, I just finished building Tyler's UCS Milano today. Not 100% finished are there is about 10 pieces I still need to finish it off but I loved the build. I was quite hesitant about it because I'm not sure how much I like the curve of the wings  and how blends into the front of the ship. A few other areas of the ship I think could be better but on the whole it is an amazing build. The way the front section of the ship is build and mounted is genius and I love how the sides are built up into the wings. 

As for the interior while it is quite tight for space there is room to add more additions. Plan is to improve the cock pit with more consoles and controls. I modified the first Milano's cockpit and will try to bring part from that over. I have also put the tape from the mighty micro on the table but do want to add a stereo system in.

How are you planning on expanding?

Agreed on all points, I’d love to hear what areas you’d like to improve. On the expanding if you’ll look in the movie the staircase between cockpits is longer, Tyler did good with simulating it, but I’d love to make it better. There’s also some archways on either side of the stairs that lead to a small cargo area behind the stair way. Id like to make the area around the table larger so I could put 2 chairs like the ones on the flight deck around the table, as well as a tv monitor beside as seen in movie 1. Other than that there are 2 cylinder engine like shapes on ether spade of the common area before the beds that I want to create, and same as you, got the cassette piece to make a stereo, also the areas above the beds in the movie are both dark orange, so I got more orange bricks to improve those. I hope to accomplish all this and still have the window in the back. For the upstairs I also plan on adding more monitors and controls, and I’m going to try and look into expanding the flight deck back a bit so I can add 2 more chairs to make it accurate. I also ordered 2 extra trans blue radar pieces, because if I’m looking at it right there are 2 more engine on the other side right under the wings by the 3 wing tips. All ambitious I know!