I think that the rumors saying 75222 will be a UCS CC are true. So I´ve made a list of what I think the set could contain.

Minifigures:

• Lando (updated version from 10123) with medium sized black blaster
  • Luke (updated version from 10123) with blue lightsaber
  • Han (version from 75192) with small black blaster
  • Han (in Carbonite)
  • Leia (updated version from 10123)
  • Chewbacca (new head-piece with studs on back for carrying C-3PO) with stud-shooter-crossbow
  • C-3PO (version from 75192 with printed arms and side-printed legs)
  • Lobot (new "hair-piece" with bald head and AJ^6 cyborg construct)
  • Bespin Guard (2x (different faces) ) with small silver blaster
  • Cloud Car Pilot (2x (different faces; new hat piece like this one but more flat and with intigrated "glasses") ) with small black blaster
  • Ugnaughts (2x (different head-piece-printings) )
  • Darth Vader (version from 75159) with red lightsaber
  • Boba Fett (version from 75060) with black blaster (like the version from 75060)
  • Stormtrooper (2x) with medium sized black blaster

Builds:

• Display Modell of the Cloud City (about 200€ of the Set-Price)
  • Twin Pod Cloud Car (in minifig-size, with two cockpits and small storage room for blasters) (about 40€ of the Set-Price)
  • Main Build with the following rooms (about 260€ of the Set-Price) :

Rooms:

• Corridors (about 4x) (for connecting rooms) (designed all like this but all four a bit varying too)
  • Carbon-Freezing Chamber (like 75137 but with complete "platform", crane-arm and also as a complete room with pipes and cables)
  • bridge and rooms where Luke and Vader are fighting (can be conected with Carbon-Freezing Chamber) (action-features: destroying window, throwing things, cutting pillar)
  • Torture Chamber (small room with torture machine)
  • Dining Room (with a table and about 6 seats)
  • Living Room (with sculpture in the middle and a couple of seats and small tables and ornamented wall)
  • "Trash-Destruction-Room" (I mean the room where Chewbacca finds C-3PO) (big mess :wink:) (with conveyor belt)
  • Entrance Hall (designed like Corridors) with this blue thing
  • Platform 327 (small part of the platform with bridge connected with Entrance Hall (like they did in 10123) )
Edited by Praetorian_Guard

All sounds good and a well rounded set but expect to pay Death Star money for that many figures and rooms.

If the rumour is true though, we should be getting some much needed updates to minifigs. Throw in an official Willrow Hood figure that will never be released again and it will increase the sets desirability even more.

3 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

All sounds good and a well rounded set but expect to pay Death Star money for that many figures and rooms.

Hmm... You´re right. Maybe the Set will be divided into two parts one with the things I´ve described (about 300 € of the Set-Price) and another part with a display version of the Cloud City (about 200 € of the Set-Price).

After building the UCS falcon I was think about selling my system scale falcon [7965] but I decided to hold the set.

If the CC rumors are true we`ll defintly get a platform for the falcon and the 7965 model will fit perfectly in that set.

On 4.3.2018 at 5:17 PM, OrangeChiliPeP said:

After building the UCS falcon I was think about selling my system scale falcon [7965] but I decided to hold the set.

If the CC rumors are true we`ll defintly get a platform for the falcon and the 7965 model will fit perfectly in that set.

Yes, I´ve also thought about this. But I still can´t see LEGO making a platform in this CC for a 7 year old set.

21 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Yes, I´ve also thought about this. But I still can´t see LEGO making a platform in this CC for a 7 year old set.

I still believe in a platform to the coming CC set. That landing scene with Lando is so iconic. 

19 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I still believe in a platform to the coming CC set. That landing scene with Lando is so iconic. 

Sorry...I expressed myself wrong. I´ve thought that there the set contains a platform but not in the size for a 7 year old set.

I think that there will be a platform but in 75192 size (maybe only a quarter of the platform and the "bridge" to the main Cloud City build).

10 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Sorry...I expressed myself wrong. I´ve thought that there the set contains a platform but not in the size for a 7 year old set.

I think that there will be a platform but in 75192 size (maybe only a quarter of the platform and the "bridge" to the main Cloud City build).

Ok I got it. I was a bit confused. I guess such a platform which is in scale to the UCS model would be to large even though only a quarter of the platform is included.

I assume it will be in system scale which would perfectly fit the System falcons like 7965. 

I think if they put a platform into a UCS Cloud City (and if/when the set gets released it will certainly have one). I don't see if being large enough to fully place a system scale Falcon. They're not going to give a 65x50 stud landing space on the outside of the main build just for that. There will probably be something for the characters to meet on with a walkway but nothing that large. There's too much for them to add inside the build... Carbon Chamber, Conference Room (for meeting with Vader), various corridors for the walk to the room/Luke arriving/escape run, Waste room for 3PO to get obliterated, Lounge area, Detention area to hold Leia, Han & Chewie, Walkway for the 'Nooooooo' moment, other places for the Luke/Vader battle. I think we might get something that could fit a Cloud Car on it so it would be useful within the confines of the set. Maybe even a Cloud Car sold around the same time.

19 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Ok I got it. I was a bit confused. I guess such a platform which is in scale to the UCS model would be to large even though only a quarter of the platform is included.

I assume it will be in system scale which would perfectly fit the System falcons like 7965. 

I admit. The complete platform in 75192-scale would be to big. But I think it will contain a quarter or at least a fifth or a sixth of the platform.

Only look at the "landing platform-main build-proportion" from 10123 Cloud City.

Yes, it will be built more realistic which means more pieces, but I still think that it will math the 75192 version. As already said, the last OT Millenium Falcon before the 75192 one, excluding adventcalendarbuilds,..., is 7 years old.

2 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I admit. The complete platform in 75192-scale would be to big. But I think it will contain a quarter or at least a fifth or a sixth of the platform.

Only look at the "landing platform-main build-proportion" from 10123 Cloud City.

Yes, it will be built more realistic which means more pieces, but I still think that it will math the 75192 version. As already said, the last OT Millenium Falcon before the 75192 one, excluding adventcalendarbuilds,..., is 7 years old.

I´m so excited about the new set! Day 1 purchase for me. Hope they give a lot of details to the figures. I was a bit disappointed about the set up in UCS falcon. 

Hopefully we will see something special for the Black VIP Card holders. Maybe some early access to the Y-wing or Cloud city? 

7965 was a pretty nice model. Thinking of getting the first one 7190! Done the same with all Slave I models. Very interesting to see all the improvements. 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

If there is any kind of landing platform, it would be sized just large enough for a twin-pod cloud car (assuming one is included... or at least available concurrently) and a few figs... because otherwise all they can display on the packaging is an empty platform. They can't very well depict retired products like the system-scale Falcons, and the Kessel Run Falcon wouldn't make much sense... and there's no way they would include a platform large enough for the UCS Falcon since that would dwarf the rest of the set and chew up a huge amount of the budget. 

I doubt that the set would include both a display model of the city and a separate playset as you suggest. A single playset build is far more likely (think Ninajgo City + Docks combined), and even at ~$500 it probably won't include all of the rooms/figs you're hoping for. Some of the "soft" areas like living/dining rooms, entrance halls, corridors etc will give way to  action-oriented areas like the carbon freezing chamber and gantry/dueling areas. A torture chamber seems iffy given LEGO's distaste for outright violence, but a prison cell is a possible alternative. I would also expect to see some kind of operable elevator shaft since it's likely a multi-story build... and turbolifts feature prominently in several scenes.

Here's a question for you guys. If the largest UCS set of 2018 really turns out to be a CC, would you like it to be like Death Star or with an exterior? To me, DS is an ugly looking set without covering. All those rough angles look aesthetically disgusting. That clumsy thing just doesn't look like a DS to me. Imagine my disappointment, when we found out that the latest DS was going to be a remake of the first version.
Here I'd sacrifice some of the play features for sake of looks.

The Death Star has the most play value I've ever seen in a Lego set and is not meant to be a representation of perfect looking Death Star as it takes massive cues from the original Kenner lines.

I see why a detailed exterior of Cloud city is appealing but be careful what you wish for as you could end up with a big white ball instead of big black ball.

For me it's the attention to detail in each room that is the most charming and interesting aspect of DS. In my head, CC would be similar to DS as it has too many interesting scenes that could be built. Obviously they could tidy up the edges a bit and maybe throw in a removable exterior panel or two.

12 hours ago, AndrewShun said:

Here's a question for you guys. If the largest UCS set of 2018 really turns out to be a CC, would you like it to be like Death Star or with an exterior? To me, DS is an ugly looking set without covering. All those rough angles look aesthetically disgusting. That clumsy thing just doesn't look like a DS to me. Imagine my disappointment, when we found out that the latest DS was going to be a remake of the first version.
Here I'd sacrifice some of the play features for sake of looks.

1 hour ago, That Orange Thing said:

The Death Star has the most play value I've ever seen in a Lego set and is not meant to be a representation of perfect looking Death Star as it takes massive cues from the original Kenner lines.

I see why a detailed exterior of Cloud city is appealing but be careful what you wish for as you could end up with a big white ball instead of big black ball.

For me it's the attention to detail in each room that is the most charming and interesting aspect of DS. In my head, CC would be similar to DS as it has too many interesting scenes that could be built. Obviously they could tidy up the edges a bit and maybe throw in a removable exterior panel or two.

I also like the way they made the Death Star because it is, like @That Orange Thing already had said, a great playset. But nevertheless I hope that 75222 won´t be designed the same way, because otherwise it would be to similar to the Death Star Set and it wouldn´t so new and exciting anymore.

On 19.3.2018 at 1:08 PM, That Orange Thing said:

The original Kenner line has always influenced TLG´s Star Wars sets. Best example is the Evok Village. It`s really interesting that Kenner hardly produced Cloud City themed Play Set stuff. TLG goes the same way nowadays. Maybe Hoth was always the more common, interesting theme or loctation? Kenner only produced one Sears exclusive but they also did "Bespin World" due to the Micro Collection Line und I guess 75222 CC could be similar to that Kenner interpretation. By the way that set had 16 Minifigures! 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

via brickpicker.com

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half off #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller than #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

2 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

via brickpicker.com

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half off #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller than #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

If that´s true the price can´t be 500 €. They can´t put so many new molded, very massive, special printed,...pieces into the set to justify a price of 500 € with only 2000-3000 pieces.

Not keen on having a Slave 1! :pir-murder:  We've waited so long for a new Cloud City, every part should be dedicated to the structure itself. I know why they'd include one (carbon Han loading scene), but I don't want it.  Damn... this bit of info makes me really start to believe this rumor is true. Would much rather have a mini fleet of Bespin cloud cars. Two at the minimum!

"I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123." This sounds fine. Should be an adequate number of film-accurate rooms, if true, to make the playset satisfying. 

Edited by darththeling

On 6/19/2018 at 6:57 PM, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Any news about our big boy? I´m so excited about it :laugh:

No. Nothing new till yet. But I think it´ll start soon.

The first pics of the nanofigs from D2C Hogwarts Castle appeared today and -who knows- maybe TLG itself will start teasering on August 1st like they did with the Falcon last year.

Nothing really new. These cloud car pilots were already offered in the usual places. 

I´m a bit surprised we haven't seen a picture of the set till today...

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

Luke flies from Dagobah to CC in his X-wing, the X-wing which comes out next week!

If CC sells well, i think we will get a new OT MF and a new OT Slave I