Brickwolf

Life sized "LEGO" locomotive in Hungary

I saw a YouTube video of it the other day.  It didn't seem like it was running on its own power.  Now I can't find it on YouTube.  :sad:

17 hours ago, dr_spock said:

I saw a YouTube video of it the other day.  It didn't seem like it was running on its own power.  Now I can't find it on YouTube.  :sad:

This video?

Interesting and creative! I love the studs they've stuck onto it. Now we need someone to build it in LEGO bricks, and put one next to the other...

Out of interest, throwing the description of that YouTube video through Google Translate gives: 

On the 24th of February, this LEGO-looking C50 locomotive was driven. Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful on Sunday (25), so all day it could be seen in front of Széchenyi-hill, and in the car behind it, a movie could be seen. Instead of the C50, the MK45 2006 was the driving force of the Jánoshegy-based exits. The video shows the C50's up and down and the MK45 2006 locomotive. 2006 has been nicknamed since the previous video (similar to 2004), but the band name.

I'm not entirely sure what happened to the end of that! However, it seems to reveal the colourful little locomotive can drive itself but broke down on that particular day.

Haha, Hungary, they made an advertisement if you bring your own LEGO MOC train you can have a free ride. "Gyermekvasút" means "kids' railway", it is a narrow gauge line EW from capital of Hungary, Budapest. In the communist era the kids with good school grades could get there to learn, how a railway system works and actually work there, this tradition is still kept. The only job kids can't do is driving the trains, but they could work at holidays in different positions - selling and checking tickets, handling points and signal and managing the traffic. It is quite hard to get there to work as a kid, and a good start for those who are dedicated enough to spend their lives as adults by different railway companies.