Hello, my dear visitors!

Have you ever dreamed of a fairy paying you a visit?

0_19eea1_62905bf_orig.png

Well, you may want to reconsider.

0_19ee9e_d2544275_orig.png

0_19ee9d_9dc7f63c_orig.png

0_19eea0_2d6cd908_orig.png

Such amazing! So mobility! Much wow!

0_19eea5_e9ddb532_orig.png

"A modern toy". This action figure is meant to illustrate the sorry state in which the child and teen entertainment industry is finding itself in our age. My intention was to leave as much humanly features as possible, overlaying them with the sheer inhumanity of modern toys and games. If you think that parents can effectively shield their children from corporations who employ flocks of shrewd marketeers, then think again. There's only so much one can can do, and this is where we are headed.

0_19eea4_fe27bb9c_orig.png

0_19eea3_79b44283_orig.png

0_19ee9f_fffbd264_orig.png

Leg movement animation. Click here to see my attempt in composite animation which was too heavy to be embedded.

0_19eecc_864da28f_orig.png

An angelic "Kill Teal" version.

0_19f453_4869d19c_orig.png

A dangerous kind of beauty... isn't she??

0_19eea2_5a7b7e91_orig.png

Thanks for your attention and I hope you enjoyed her company! x)

Edited by Count Sepulchure

Hmmm… I have to admit, entering this topic I was hoping to see something cute and charming. Instead this MOC just feels… cynical. And "This action figure is meant to illustrate the sorry state in which the child and teen entertainment industry is finding itself in our age." What age might that be? There's nothing about this MOC that feels particularly evocative of today's kids or the entertainment directed at them — even the name, "Barbinator", mashes up an iconic toy of the 50s and an iconic film of the 80s. Is it supposed to be decrying violence in media? Sexuality in media? Neither of those are new phenomena, and I don't feel blending those two influences into one MOC strengthens its ability to make a statement on either.

I also feel like the janky proportions don't really work in this figure's favor. The body is too long relative to the "human" leg — quite the opposite of the long-legged proportions you'd expect a Barbie doll or similar toy — and the proportions of the robot leg are completely different from the human one, with the hip joint bizarrely placed over a module and a half below the crotch and the knee joint nearly level with the human leg's ankle joint.

NPU for the face, hair, and pockets, and I'm sorry I don't have much more positive to say about this.

Edited by Aanchir