Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Velo Glace

39608649345_a31b6fd9a9_c.jpg

The Double-Dome delivery bike is a very popular model for all kinds of logistical purposes with interchangeable modules for any purpose. The Velo Glace has been modified with a freezer module for ice-cream storage and delivery.

The idea I had in mind for this was the sort of 50s American idyll that is so very easy to subvert (especially if you know your history). Used in the likes of Fallout and an aesthetic from a number of Utopia that is not what it seems stories. I was inspired to make an ice-cream speederbike after coming across an Ice-Cream Tuk Tuk in Criccieth when I was in north Wales on holiday last year.

The “lift” provided from the trans-blue minifig head elements is also a nod to electric milk-floats, the idea I have for this vehicle is that is moves about as fast as one for safety. The additions of little pop-outs (The shell, croissant and round 1x1 tiles) are a callback to the Art Deco ice cream parlours and the like.

All in all, I am happy how this one came out.

Bonus! - I have uploaded a tree MOC that resembles the one here. The real-build tree had to be modified for required angles on the MOC.