Ron1

BuWizz fast car COMPETITION - 1st prize 42083 Bugatti Chiron - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

On 4/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, MattL600 said:

the reason I would be entering this would be because the bloody thing costs $237 AUD!

BuWizz normal price is €129/$159, which is $208 AUD. This price includes worldwide express shipping with DHL.

Currently, we have a 15% off promotion, so BuWizz price with 15% off is €110/$135 or $178 AUD. (plus VAT for EU customers).

On 4/22/2018 at 7:51 AM, mocbuild101 said:

Yeah, even a Lego LiPo seems cheap compared to that...

Compared to LEGO liPo, BuWizz has all the LEGO LiPo has (= battery) + High power 4 channel Bluetooth controller + 45W step-up power supply + built-in charger, compatible with any micro-USB power source. All this in 3/4 the size of LEGO LiPo (BuWizz is only 3 bricks high).

In Europe, the cost of LEGO LiPo battery is €69,99. And you need the €29,99 special charger, for a total of €99,98. This price includes VAT, so comparable price without VAT is €83 (in Germany).

On 4/22/2018 at 7:51 AM, mocbuild101 said:

BTW, has anyone else noticed that one of the entries is a copy (obviously stolen) of one of the other entries?

Our team checked all the videos. They assure me two of the entries are similar, but not copies. Please let us know which is a copy of which; we'll take it down immediately, of course!

2 hours ago, Ron1 said:

Compared to LEGO liPo, BuWizz has all the LEGO LiPo has (= battery) + High power 4 channel Bluetooth controller + 45W step-up power supply + built-in charger, compatible with any micro-USB power source. All this in 3/4 the size of LEGO LiPo (BuWizz is only 3 bricks high).

In Europe, the cost of LEGO LiPo battery is €69,99. And you need the €29,99 special charger, for a total of €99,98. This price includes VAT, so comparable price without VAT is €83 (in Germany).

If You compare apple to apple, You also need to add the cost of an Sbrick - than You are on the same level as BuWizz.

2 hours ago, Ron1 said:

Our team checked all the videos. They assure me two of the entries are similar, but not copies. Please let us know which is a copy of which; we'll take it down immediately, of course!

They are indeed not copies, as the video link of the "copy" refers to the very same YT video. Still, I don't think it is fair usage. :classic: Could be a mistake, or double entry or copy though. To make it a game, I don't reveal anything: push your team to check the page again - they just need to find the matching pictures. :tongue:

2 hours ago, Ron1 said:

The two BJ Baldwin large models.

One has very little description.

14 hours ago, agrof said:

They are indeed not copies, as the video link of the "copy" refers to the very same YT video. Still, I don't think it is fair usage. :classic: Could be a mistake, or double entry or copy though. To make it a game, I don't reveal anything: push your team to check the page again - they just need to find the matching pictures. :tongue:

It appears to be an accidental double entry, I think the entry that has only "tara" as a description should be simply deleted. They both point to the same video.

Edited by kbalage

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

It appears to be an accidental double entry for me, I think the entry that has only "tara" as a description should be simply deleted. They both point to the same video.

Ah, OK. We will delete the video. Glad we solved it :classic:

@Ron1 I follow the contest website, and honestly I really miss the moderation of the entries. It looks like many who entered didn't understand the rules, and many voters neither...

May I suggesst to bring the first 10 to the jury, which actually fulfill the rules? I would feel sorry for many MOCers who put noticable effort and made real entries - still, obviously many "interesting" are ahead of them in the current ranking.

1 hour ago, agrof said:

It looks like many who entered didn't understand the rules, and many voters neither...

Agreed, thought this does happen with lego competitions (see the Porsche competition or eurobricks TC7). There are several entries in the top 10 that aren't fast and perform a small drop rather than a jump, and there's also tank.

I also voted for myself twice to see if it was possible - it is!

3 hours ago, JamesJT said:

Agreed, thought this does happen with lego competitions (see the Porsche competition or eurobricks TC7). There are several entries in the top 10 that aren't fast and perform a small drop rather than a jump, and there's also tank.

IMHO, no real jumps possible with this speed (one BM + buwizz). Only if it's a "SKI jump" - jumping to downhill surface or falling from the high step.

I have doubt, that one of the "jumpers" was speeded up  before jump to fly far :classic: Unfortunatley rules are not covering many aspects of possible cheating. Tank is not a car, as writte in rules.

Edited by rm8

The advantage combination of this game is 5292 BUGGY MOTOR + BUWIZZ 2.0. The question is the average consumer: 
Who will deliberately purchase BUGGY MOTOR(discontinued)?

Should limit, only use the current motor M, L, XL.

Edited by jaffrry

21 hours ago, rm8 said:

IMHO, no real jumps possible with this speed (one BM + buwizz).

2 hours ago, jaffrry said:

The advantage combination of this game is 5292 BUGGY MOTOR

There are 3 top 10 entries that perform a jump (go up before they go down), Anto manages a fantastic jump with just L-motors.

43 minutes ago, JamesJT said:

There are 3 top 10 entries that perform a jump (go up before they go down), Anto manages a fantastic jump with just L-motors.

In terms of business considerations, BUWIZZ does not limit BM's competition. Instead, it restricts consumers' curiosity about BUWIZZ.

Edited by jaffrry

6 hours ago, JamesJT said:

who are another 2?

Maybe it was obvious, maybe it is just my stupidity, but I just realized that we can vote for more entries, not only the most appealing one.

I am happy, because I just could support all my favorites. :sweet:

Edited by agrof

On 6-5-2018 at 11:25 AM, agrof said:

May I suggesst to bring the first 10 to the jury, which actually fulfill the rules?

On 6-5-2018 at 1:24 PM, JamesJT said:

can i suggest bringing all entries to the judges? the voting does not really seem to pick the best contestants, I also heard from people that can vote twice, while others can't vote at all,  I fully understand it was meant to bring online exposure for the company, but i feel it was just a test to see who has more online friends to get the votes in.. of course giving exposure, but not to the right (Lego minded) people, who might buy a buwizz..

On 6-5-2018 at 4:22 PM, rm8 said:

IMHO, no real jumps possible with this speed (one BM + buwizz)

I must say i am a bit disappointed that you think this after seeing my video :cry_sad: And i sure as hell do not hope you mean my car by a sped up car...

And what is jumping? do we have to go up? if we jump off a cliff, do we go up? the contest suggested jumping off a sidewalk, minimal height: 10cm drop, so i would say any controlled form of tackling a drop with the car counts as  a jump.

Jumps are easily performed but you need a few basic things like: stiff suspension, perfect angle of the ramp, speed, perfectly positioned COG and determination, my newer car with 2 buggy motors, which i made just for fun during the contest, went over the same ramp and even went 2,50m! check my channel for that one!

9 hours ago, jaffrry said:

The advantage combination of this game is 5292 BUGGY MOTOR + BUWIZZ 2.0.

In theory 3 L-motors (was allowed here) would be more powerful than 1 Buggy motor, however for a fast car we need to gear them up, depends on how much energy is lost on that friction and how much the weight difference would be, but looking at their specs the total mechanical output is fairly similar, then again... i started out with 3 L-motors, but dropped them for a buggy motor... and to be honest the buwizz was made for the buggy motor in my mind, it is the only thing that can fully power them (apart from the rc unit) for me: it was the sole reason to buy them, power the hungry buggy motors.

BuWizz Fast Car Competition updates:

1. Per jury suggestion we removed one video from contest - a tracked vehicle - for violating contest rules (i.e. not a car, not able to jump,...).

2. We received a complaint about possible foul play in a video. After careful examination, the jury concluded there was no violation, so no action was taken against the contestant.

We wanted to make the rules as simple as possible, but we now realize more rules might be needed in the future to better define what is allowed and what is not.

Don't forget:

- public voting is open till May 10 24:00 PDT

- winner(s) will be selected by jury and announced on May 19

18 hours ago, Ron1 said:

We wanted to make the rules as simple as possible, but we now realize more rules might be needed in the future to better define what is allowed and what is not.

There rules were fine except they were not generally observed or enforced.

The voting system does need some work. How is that some entries have more votes than views?

Edited by JamesJT

1 hour ago, Ron1 said:

7 more hours before the voting ends :classic:

It has to be said that this kind of open vote seems to be more than anyone else's. In China, almost all of us can't get outside the Internet. My supporters can't vote for me. I want to thank those who voted for me. If I can't get to the finals, I am sorry.:laugh:

The voting system is still alive, so there is still a hope! :tongue:

The vote is closed and... Do someone think the real 10 best entries are qualified? I don't think. :sceptic:

There are problematic "strange" things with the votes:

• The first has more votes than views on his video. Do do you think the people who have voted have watched all the videos to vote for their favourite entry?
  • In the night of thursday, some entries have got between 70 and 100 votes (It's my case). Personally, I have got 100 votes after 1 week, and in a night I doubled my number of votes. Strange thing, no?
  • It's possible to vote many times. The votes use the IP address of the internet connexion. So if you can change it, you can vote many times. (I don't tried and it's certainly for this reason that I'm not qualified, but I know you can do a robot which votes many times by changing the IP address)
  • Yesterday, after midnight, it was possible to vote anymore. And after midnight the top 10 has changed.

In fact, for me, the vote has shown the top 10 of the people who have more friends than the others. Not the top 10 of the videos and MOCs done for the contest.

Edited by Anto

19 minutes ago, Anto said:

The vote is closed and... Do someone think the real 10 best entries are qualified? I don't think. :sceptic:

• The first has more votes than views on his video. Do do you think the people who have voted have watched all the videos to vote for their favourite entry?
  • In the night of thursday, some entries have got between 70 and 100 votes (It's my case). Personally, I have got 100 votes after 1 week, and in a night I doubled my number of votes. Strange thing, no?
  • It's possible to vote many times. The votes use the IP address of the internet connexion. So if you can change it, you can vote many times. (I don't tried and it's certainly for this reason that I'm not qualified, but I know you can do a robot which votes many times by changing the IP address)
  • Yesterday, after midnight, it was possible to vote anymore. And after midnight the top 10 has changed.

In fact, for me, the vote has shown the top 10 of the people who have more friends than the others. Not the top 10 of the videos and MOCs done for the contest.

Fully agree with you Anto, and other guys here. I think it will be fair to qualify all entries to finals and Juri shold choose among all.:thumbup:

And there is no need for many friends. You can just share this at your national forum board and ask to vote as patriot

Edited by rm8

I totally agree @rm8:thumbup:

I think it's not possible to do a top 10 with this system. (And it's for this reason that on Eurobricks, the new members registred after announcing a new contest and who vote are banned from the forum)

1 minute ago, Anto said:

I totally agree @rm8:thumbup:

I think it's not possible to do a top 10 with this system. (And it's for this reason that on Eurobricks, the new members registred after announcing a new contest and who vote are banned from the forum)

Or  re-vote here at EB platform

I have also sent ron1 a mail about my issues with the voting

1 hour ago, Anto said:

I have also sent a mail to Ron1 about this, the voting seems flawed in many ways, and since there are no rules or instructions for it: anything was allowed technically, a mistake i guess. so i suggested this a few days back and i have suggested it again in the mail to Ron1: please send all contestants to the judges and ignore all voting results.

Edited by Marxpek

I think you (Roni) have to stick to your own rules and let the vote stand. There are 4 fast cars that jump in the (bottom half of the) top 10 and they include (IMO) the 2 best entries anyway. The entries at the top (with more votes than views) can't really be expecting to win a prize, can they? Its a shame for Anto as he missed out but it would have better to hear his opinion on the strange voting patterns before he got taken out by them.