Ron1

BuWizz fast car COMPETITION - 1st prize 42083 Bugatti Chiron - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

As it is in CAPS

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

ONE

so, only ONE.

I decided not to participiate, because:

1. I have to buy Buwizz (not an big issue),

2. I don't have good filming and video editing skills (the winner will depend a lot on this),

3. I don't have RC motor (it is not plannes as buwizz, but I have other motors). It seems, that it would be very good to have one to win, because performance should be really good. Jump lenght will be measured (as I undersood). In video also RC motor performance will look better.

FYI, there is discount 10%, if You enter buwizzg .

What a great idea for a contest :thumbup:

And I ordered a BuWizz right now. Not only to join the contest but to support a start-up with a great product. And be fair: this whole forum is a support for a multi-national business group that makes billions of Euros - so why not supporting a start-up? Nothing wrong with that. And the prizes are generous - they will have to sell at least 50 BuWizz to be economical with this contest ...

Best wishes to all competitors and to BuWizz, too :wink:

Leonard Goldstein

@Ron1, in the rules it states: Must use ONE BuWizz brick. Does this mean using two BuWizz bricks is not allowed? I was thinking of entering with my 4WD RC buggy (work in progress), but if using two BuWizzes is not allowed, then I will have to pass.

When I saw this contest I was like "Didumos buggy is going to win this" ... but reading the entry topic your ride is banned for using 4L motors, you can only use 3 of those.

I figured you could compromise the rear end by using a single L motor with a diff on the rear axles and still be good.

But personally I would not compromise such an awesome performance machine, though winning a Bugatti might still be worth it....

37 minutes ago, Permo said:

But personally I would not compromise such an awesome performance machine, though winning a Bugatti might still be worth it....

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not going to make compromises. The only possibility I see, is to skip one of the rear suspension arms including it's L-motor and wheel. While building I noticed the 3 other wheels remain glued to the ground if one arm misses, even with both BuWizzes in place. If I skip the BuWizz on the same side it might even perform :laugh:.

Edited by Didumos69

I will lock (and hide) this topic for now. Contests are not to be started without our permission.

I'd like to apologize for closing this topic. @Ron1 has contacted me....twice, but I somehow overlooked his email. So, I take full blame for this "incident". @Ron1 and I are cool, so no worries. He will post a topic shortly for voting and stuff.

Again, my bad.

Thanks Jim, no problem; errors happen :classic:

We have two updates for the competition:

UPDATE 1: We extended the video submission date to April 20

UPDATE 2: the 3 person jury has been selected:

RULES & REGISTRATION:  http://bit.ly/WinBuWizz

I suppose this also means voting will start later than March, 31st?

suppose this also means voting will start later than March, 31st?

That would be highly unfair to the ones that did take the effort to make the original deadline. I am not happy to hear it 5 days prior to the deadline but i fully understand why it was done.

The voting should start the 31st like the rules state. That way the people that took the effort (i worked hard to make it in time) are rewarded for posting it before the original deadline. 

@Ron1 are all the rules final now?

Edited by Marxpek

17 minutes ago, Marxpek said:

That would be highly unfair to the ones that did take the effort to make the original deadline. I am not happy to hear it 5 days prior to the deadline but i fully understand why it was done.

The voting should start the 31st like the rules state. That way the people that took the effort (i worked hard to make it in time) are rewarded for posting it before the original deadline.

You're point of view is very understandable. I'm just asking, because I - as a late participant - would only consider entering if I would stand a fair chance against the early participants.

Edited by Didumos69

8 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I'm just asking, because I - as a late participant - would only consider entering if I would stand a fair chance against the early participants.

to be honest i do not think YOU will have to worry about points ;D if you enter the greyhound, you have my vote for sure and many others with that is my guess and if the contest would close now, all serious contenders would automatically enter round 2 since there are no 10 real entries at the moment... some double posts, some only modded existing Lego sets, or even used someone else's MOC (rm8's moc was modded and presented as his own at first)

Don't get me wrong i would love to get beaten by your greyhound and i really hope you will enter, I doubt it will jump as good as mine, but your design wins by miles!

Also good luck to all other (new) entries of course! 

Edited by Marxpek

5 hours ago, Marxpek said:

to be honest i do not think YOU will have to worry about points ;D if you enter the greyhound, you have my vote for sure and many others with that is my guess and if the contest would close now, all serious contenders would automatically enter round 2 since there are no 10 real entries at the moment... some double posts, some only modded existing Lego sets, or even used someone else's MOC (rm8's moc was modded and presented as his own at first)

Don't get me wrong i would love to get beaten by your greyhound and i really hope you will enter, I doubt it will jump as good as mine, but your design wins by miles!

Also good luck to all other (new) entries of course! 

Thanks for your kind words words @Marxpek. I won't be entering with my Greyhound, because it uses 2 BuWizzes and 4 L-motors. So I would have to build something new, with maybe a few ideas copied from the Greyhound.

We extended the submission date to April 20 due to numerous requests from participants.

@Marxpek: We understand this might be unfair to people who planned to be ready by original deadline, but we had to male a choice.

The updated dates:

April 20 23:59 PDT: Video submission deadline (you can submit more than once, the last video submitted will be taken into account)

April 21 to May 10: Public voting for the best videos

May 19: Winners will be announced (selected by jury)

Edited by Ron1

@Ron1 then the right thing to do is to pull all submitted videos from your buwizz site and send all participants a mail they can submit their video again when/if they still want. So everyone can decide if they still want to enter the contest like this or update their video. I planned my video to be visible a maximum of one week prior to the deadline wich you messed up bigtime. So please remove my video from your site and i will decide later if i still want to enter and give away the rights to my video.

2 more days to go! :classic:

Video submission deadline is

April 20 23:59 PDT

There are quite a few videos submitted already and we are expecting several more.

You can submit your video & check other submissions here:

http://bit.ly/WinBuWizz

Last day, 10 more hours to go! :classic:

Right now, there are 25 videos submitted, more are coming in.

There are some really remarkable entries with nice technical bits, charming bodyworks and jumps with WOW-factor. :thumbup:

If I were a judge - honestly I don't know who to choose from my favorites. Good luck for every entries! :classic:

Darn, don't have a buwizz...

So I need to purchase a buwizz to win a buwizz, but the reason I would be entering this would be because the bloody thing costs $237 AUD!

I don't think I will ever be able to obtain a buwizz... :look:

23 hours ago, MattL600 said:

$237 AUD!

Yeah, even a Lego LiPo seems cheap compared to that...

BTW, has anyone else noticed that one of the entries is a copy (obviously stolen) of one of the other entries?

1 hour ago, mocbuild101 said:

BTW, has anyone else noticed that one of the entries is a copy (obviously stolen) of one of the other entries?

Indeed, it is pretty sad that it is not got banned yet.

1 hour ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yeah, even a Lego LiPo seems cheap compared to that...

I know right!

I might as well purchase one of those lepin fakes because they run on 2.4 Ghz band with about 100m range :( 

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I cannot see the page of entries, link?

9 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

What the heck! Someone should take it down!