Ron1

BuWizz fast car COMPETITION - 1st prize 42083 Bugatti Chiron - WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Hi all,

We are announcing the

BuWizz fast car COMPETITION!

1. Build a LEGO fast car with BuWizz,
2. Record a stunning video
3. Upload the video to: http://bit.ly/WinBuWizz
4. Win compelling prizes:

1st place: LEGO Technic 42083 Bugatti Chiron
 2nd place: 2x BuWizz
 3rd place: 1x BuWizz

RULES:  http://bit.ly/WinBuWizz
Deadline for video submission: Mar 31 2018 24:00 PST

Public voting for best videos starts Apr 1 2018 0:00 PST, ends Apr 15 2018 24:00 PST

10 best videos enter the finals; winner will be selected by 3 person jury (members TBA) and announced on Apr 25 2018

You can compete or vote for your favorite videos and help Competitors to the second round.
Let the GAMES begin :classic:

BuWizz Team

Same here, I would have got one if I had a smartphone.... and my LiPo contraption is not allowed.

Is it allowed to team up with someone ?

14 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Very cool competition. To bad I have no buwizz.

Same here... I got a SBrick instead (mainly because of the app being better).

I guess you need to win a BuWizz before you can enter to win a BuWizz... :laugh:

Great idea! And I look forward to the results but I believe there are some areas of concern.

Amount of people with buwizz (unless of course you are using this contest as a method for people to buy them) is limited.

Amount of people with buwizz v1 vs v2 which makes a difference.

Not really a fast car competition.  Maybe rename the title to something more appropriate.

Edited by technic_addict
Didn't read rules

Don't have a buwizz, though that makes me understand how good of a marketing tactic this contest is, and the contest does sound pretty awesome. Best of luck to all who join!

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I guess you need to win a BuWizz before you can enter to win a BuWizz... :laugh:

And make a video to enter to post, and win a buwizz, and use it to make a video to... Wait a second! :laugh:

6 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Don't have a buwizz, though that makes me understand how good of a marketing tactic this contest is, and the contest does sound pretty awesome. Best of luck to all who join!

I agree, and too much purist for this challenge.

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

And make a video to enter to post...

And that... I've got a feeling @kbalage will score good in this contest... (if he enters)

100% a marketing tactic, this contest is not about the fun of building, it's about getting builders to buy a Buwizz for the contest.  Either they are trying to promote the newer product, or sales are down and they need to do something about it.  

Well that's a new one, announce a contest to win a free Lego Bugatti and everyone shoots it down as some conspiracy, not one positive response. 

Sounds like the emphasis is on the video production not the build, so I guess they need some videos showcasing their product. 

I personally don't have a Buwhizz nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon, but if I did I would certainly enter, nothing to lose after all. 

Hopefully we see some great ideas come from it anyway. 

2 hours ago, aminnich said:

100% a marketing tactic, this contest is not about the fun of building, it's about getting builders to buy a Buwizz for the contest. 

Of course, they are not charity ...

... even some charitys are also very good business :D

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

And that... I've got a feeling @kbalage will score good in this contest... (if he enters)

Lol, thanks for that but I will not enter :) Cool competition with very nice prizes but I don't think it would be fair to enter while my video is on the entry page :)

7 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Well that's a new one, announce a contest to win a free Lego Bugatti and everyone shoots it down as some conspiracy, not one positive response. 

Excuse me, did you read the first few? And not everyone said conspiracy, just thought it is just for advertising.

8 hours ago, aminnich said:

100% a marketing tactic, this contest is not about the fun of building, it's about getting builders to buy a Buwizz for the contest.  Either they are trying to promote the newer product, or sales are down and they need to do something about it.  

Or, it's a way for them to give something back to the customers who have bought and supported their product.

I doubt many people will order a Buwizz just to enter this competition, but people who have been a bit on the fence about it might finally take the plunge because of a contest like this.

There is nothing wrong with it, they're simply taking care of their customer base and maybe even picking up some new customers along the way.

It's just good marketing, at the end of the day their goal is to make money, just like every other company.

Do you go around calling out your local stores when they have competitions/raffles that require you to show a receipt from buying something in their store as well?

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

but I don't think it would be fair to enter while my video is on the entry page :)

Oh yeah, I didn't see that... I guess that just goes to show how good your MOCs (and videos) are... :thumbup:

I'm just about to publish my work and use your product, but it's neither 'car' nor 'fast' :laugh:

Of course it is marketing, but I'm considering to buy Buwizz for some time. I would pariticpiate, but deadline seems too short. Easpecially, when I have to order biwuizz, and wait for delivery, it will take at least week.

@Ron1, in the rules it states: Must use ONE BuWizz brick. Does this mean using two BuWizz bricks is not allowed? I was thinking of entering with my 4WD RC buggy (work in progress), but if using two BuWizzes is not allowed, then I will have to pass.