Hi, I've built a stupid simple truck.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

As you might have guessed already, it is largely inspired by iconic Soviet-Russian truck Ural. Driven by two L-motors and steered by a servo, it doesn't have any other motorized functions. 

The fifth wheel rotates in 2 dimensions and has a simple locking mechanism as seen in a recent 42078 set. However, I doubt it will function properly due to natural tendency to lean backwards under the towing force.

800x600.jpg

Overall, this project is a failure. The initial goal was to built a 6x6 truck with differentials and none-ball-joints suspension. Although the goal was achieved, the front axle turned out to be a complete disaster. First, I had to swap a 6-link for a rather awkward system in order to make the front wheels steer for at least a bit . Second, this truck can't overcome even a tiny obstacle, cause the driving gear in the front begins crackle hysterically. This happens because I don't have the new 6145859 wheel bearing parts, so in order to fit the steering bar with the old ones I had to elevate the axle center 1 stud above the 5x7 frame. And the result simply do not sturdy enough to hold the affecting forces. However, I'm going to figure out a better design later in LDCad.

800x600.jpg

Hopefully this MOC will mark my return to regular building, so I'm looking forward for your comments. 

"Thing goes skrrrrrrrrrrrrra" .... I know the feeling

It looks pretty badass, love how you did the seats.

Love your truck. Nice and clean design.

Strongly advice you to reconnect shock absrobers.

4nMYy3mcch0.jpgHohN44IBVII.jpg

53 minutes ago, rm8 said:

Strongly advice you to reconnect shock absrobers.

I see what you mean. I'll fix them.

Another great Semi-Tractor!! Your model is easy on the eyes and it looks tough!! You can operate it at the outdoors since you have balloon tires, good luck  

Edited by sirslayer

"Hi, I've built a stupid simple truck." No. You've built a great truck!

H

It is a badass looking rig!

I think the layout is great, I wouldn't close the project, but rebuild the parts you are not satisfied with, I do believe it is worth a V2 overhauling. :thumbup:

I really like the look of this neat truck. Placing the BB under the hood is nice detail.
It would make great base for Trial Truck modification, IMO.... :D

It looks good, robust snd sturdy as trucks should be :thumbup:

It's not stupid, it's a very clean model, with an especially cool, aggressive front end. It's not really a failure if all you have to do is rebuild the front axle.

Awesome truck! Any steered+driven+suspended axle is the hardest bit, and (for me) takes at least three complete overhauls and do-overs in order to satisfy me. Plus, that is the fun! :wink:

There is a lot to like about this moc, you have some very creative ideas so call it Mk1 and have another crack as you have the basics of a nice trial truck there.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

The model is now available on Rebrickable with the new front axle. I would appreciate if somebody, who decides to build it, comment on its performance here.

Thanks despite that I see that there is a lot of frames missing in "my" inventory to build it. Perhaps I'll make some kind of manual version