nebraska

MOC: Lego U-Boat

Seriously.

Im not that much into submarines and battleships, but i do admire a good build.

This is beyond awesome.

Great deails, wise techniques, awesome pictures.

Well done. :)

I am one of the worst u-boat fanatics to ever exist but I can't find any lego u-boat or instructions for one. so if it is not too much trouble would you post some instructions for your boat, as well as a parts list with the colors for the parts. I'd be indebted to you.

-Inquire

Hello! I would love to make instructions for my type viic U-Boat and use the LDD program to design instructions it so everyone can see...except I have no patience and would rather start putting bricks together. As far as the colors; the exterior is the dark blue/light blue gray tiles. If you are building an interior; it's pretty straight forward and I have many pictures on my flickr or mocpages accounts that show fairly good details.

The good news is there is another....

I'm currently working on a type IXC U-Boat; the U-505 which is currently on display at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry. I'm dedicating myself to doing a better job of documenting the building process and have a little lesson in curved hull building on my mocpages account under the WIP of the U-505. It will be a fully enclosed hull and not a cutaway but will have the mindstorms motors powering the propellers, dive planes, periscopes, torpedo doors, etc. Expect to see the U-595 and U-505 at Brickworld 2013 (but not the dock unless I buy a cargo van or a trailer).

mocpages: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/320792

Here are some shots of the U-505 conning tower

7117068917_447f042b30.jpg

6970992198_a36a630903.jpg

6970991188_aa7259df11.jpg

full flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51492892@N02/

If you have any specific questions; don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Nate

Thank you for replying to my post, and thank you about the U-505... Good luck.

No problem. Just follow my posts on mocpages and you'll get the idea. Expect to order tons of tiles, 1x and 2x plates, 14 and 10 stud long technic bricks, along with # 3,4,5 technic connectors. I probably won't have an update until late June..