Sheepo

[MOC] Chevrolet Impala '67 from Supernatural

After almost two years without show new MOCs now I have the opportunity to do it.

I have designed this model exclusive for a customer as a special order with specific features and design. It is not for sale and I will not publish instructions to build it.

This car is a Chevrolet Impala 4 doors '67, and it is one of the main character of the TV series Supernatural.

ImpalaSN_01.jpg

It is built in 1/10 scale. The result is a 70x27x19 studs of American muscle. It has 3337 parts and weighs around 3kgs.

ImpalaSN_16.jpg

It is powered by:  1 PF AA battery box 2 IR receivers 2 M motors 2 XL motors 1 Servo motor

Complete tan color interior with full size seats, door panels and dashboard. It also has a door in the roof to look easily in the interior.  
All doors have door lock.

ImpalaSN_23.jpg

Front bonnet spring loaded and fake V8 working engine.

Also you can open the bonnet with a lever located in the interior of the car close to the steering wheel.

Steering with working steering wheel (M motor).

ImpalaSN_25.jpg

Rear openable trunk with hidden box(M motor).  Front double wishbone suspension and rear live axle.

ImpalaSN_20.jpg

2-speed semiautomatic gearbox. 2XL motors for drive and one servo for change speeds.

Gear ratios:
1st: 1:1
2nd: 1:3

ImpalaSN_26.jpg

ImpalaSN_31.jpg

Finally a detailed video of the car with all functions.

I hope you like it after so much time without new from me.

Note: this is not the only one MOC I have built since 2016... I have some more prepared to be published in the next months.

1 hour ago, bekesizoltan said:

Looks awesome! Could you please share some info about how the transmission works?

Actually it is very simple, it is just a 2-speed gearbox with a servo connected, and the controller turns on the servo and the drive motors at the same time with one movement. It is similar to the gearbox I used in the BMW i8 some years ago

Great work, I really like the black!

10 hours ago, Sheepo said:

This car is a Chevrolet Impala 4 doors '67, and it is one of the main character of the TV series Supernatural.

It was also the basis for the JATO Rocket Car... :wink:

You have captured the overall shape of the car beautifully!  Some of the subtle lines showing a height increase in the body work looks spot on.

If I had to critique anything it would be the use of connectors (which may be required) on the body panels.  I think it would have looked even better if it was mostly liftarms used.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:40 AM, falconluan said:

Wow, welcome back! Another great MOC from you.

PS, your 300 SL is the only model I keep in display today.

Thanks for share the picture, it looks really well in black, better than I thought :)

Great to see another MOC by you. I’m curious and looking forward to your nee work!

This is a truly wonderful car. It follows the design faithfully and has many notable options that are extremely well implemented. Love how you have so many functions with just 4 controls on the controller!

To make the whole bodywork removable is the icing on the cake. Excited to see your new vehicles you've been putting together for so long. 

Edited by Lox Lego

@falconluan I saw that you are member of the web lelehzen.com   I would like to contact with 2 members that have built the mini coooper of sheepo. How can I do or you can contact for me?

Ignoring the fact I hate American cars, this model is awesome. Its good some nice lines on it. I love the square styling of the older cars, modern cars just look like a mess.
One happy customer I bet :D.

This is very cool, you're right about the car being a central character of the series.

Season 11 even had an episode entirely shot from the inside of the car.

Only thing missing is all the weapons in the trunk. :)