xxix5

Simpsons sets that NEED to be made

So LEGO Simpsons. An oddball theme that came out of left field. This theme had 2 sets, 3 Dimentions sets, and 2 CFM series. Man, what is it with this theme and the number 2? So, there is a rumor out there, I found out about it through BrickVault, that Simpsons may be returning this year. I don't think it's all that possible, but I do hope it comes true. So below are sets that LEGO should make in The Simpsons.

5: Mr. Plow truck. 

Coming from one of my favorite episodes of all time, a Mr. Plow set would be great. The set would have the truck itself, an exclusive Home in his Mr. Plow attire, an Exclusive Grandpa Simpson, and an exclusive Bart, to help recreate that commerical. The Set would be $20 USD. (United States Dollars)

4: Springfield Police Station.

Retailing for $100 USD, this set would be a detailed Springfield Police Station and come with Lou, Eddie, Cheif Wiggum, Snake, and Lionel Hutz. This is a pretty self explainatory set, but this would be pretty cool.

3: Springfield Elementery. This would be the next Simspsons House. Retailing for $200, this would be a 2 floor and basement set, and this would have 2,500 pieces. It would look like how it looks like in the show, and would have 10 rooms. The figures would be Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, Skinner, Superintendent Chalmers, Ralph, Ms. Krapapple, Nelson, Martian, and 5 student characters.

2: The Blocko Store. Man, would this be a set! Retailing for $50, this would be the Blocko store from episode 497 "The D'oh-cial Network". This set would have Lisa, Homer, Bart, Marge, a store clerk, and Maggie. 

1: Blockoland. From episode 263 "Hungry Hungry Homer", this set would be $200, and have 3 Blockland clerks, a ticket taker, the Simpsons family, the Flanders family, and 3 ride operators. The parts of the set will be just like in the episode.

Edited by xxix5

I'd would be surprised of this theme returns. As fas as we know, Simpsons series 2 sales were not that good

If anything, I expect them to be BrickHeadz, like Back to the Future

48 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

Retailing for $100 USD, this set would be a detailed Springfield Police Station and come with Lou, Eddie, Cheif Wiggum, Snake, and Lionel Hutz. This is a pretty self explainatory set, but this would be pretty cool.

They've already done Wiggum, Snake and the police car so this would be covering old ground again.

I cannot see the theme happening again somehow.

50 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

3: Springfield Elementery. This would be the next Simspsons House. Retailing for $200, this would be a 2 floor and basement set, and this would have 2,500 pieces. It would look like how it looks like in the show, and would have 10 rooms. The figures would be Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, Skinner, Superintendent Chalmers, Ralph, Ms. Krapapple, Nelson, Martian, and 5 student characters.

2: The Blocko Store. Man, would this be a set! Retailing for $50, this would be the Blocko store from episode 497 "The D'oh-cial Network". This set would have Lisa, Homer, Bart, Marge, a store clerk, and Maggie. 

1: Blockoland. From episode 263 "Hungry Hungry Homer", this set would be $200, and have 3 Blockland clerks, a ticket taker, the Simpsons family, the Flanders family, and 3 ride operators. The parts of the set will be just like in the episode.

Your pricing seems way off too. $200 for a 2500 piece set, with 14 minifigures (school) and 15+ minifigures (Blockoland), depending on what you include in the families. Seems very low compared to other licensed sets.

43 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

To odd the number 2 out: Dimensions had 3 sets: Homer Level Pack, Krusty and Bart Fun pack ;)

forgot about Krusty! Which is weird because I have that set.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

They've already done Wiggum, Snake and the police car so this would be covering old ground again.

I cannot see the theme happening again somehow.

Your pricing seems way off too. $200 for a 2500 piece set, with 14 minifigures (school) and 15+ minifigures (Blockoland), depending on what you include in the families. Seems very low compared to other licensed sets.

I was thinking on the lower end, when, in reality, those sets would be more around $250

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Simpson’s isn’t coming this year I know that for a fact. But I would love to see a krusry burger set if they ever did

Now, not to put you on the spot, but is it because you have a source? Or did LEGO say it wasn't returning?

22 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

Now, not to put you on the spot, but is it because you have a source? Or did LEGO say it wasn't returning?

Let’s just say I have both. Same way I found out we were getting the licences for ghostbusters, back to the future, and nightmare before Christmas 

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Simpson’s isn’t coming this year I know that for a fact. But I would love to see a krusry burger set if they ever did

Since Disney is in the process of acquiring 21st Century Fox, we should probably wait till after 2019 for more LEGO The Simpsons sets. That’s when the merger will be complete.

I have all the current sets minus the dimensions, would love there to be more 

So, does LEGO still have the license for The Simpsons, or has it expired? I hope that, if Disney successfully manages to acquire 21st Century Fox, LEGO could make more The Simpsons sets, such as BrickHeadz or even a Mr. Plow set with a new wintertime Homer minifigure!

Edited by MatthewRC

i still hope for moes tavern (with the office in the woman toilet)

but I also think that the simpsons are not coming back.:sadnew:

I don't think there is much hope for it now. It is a shame they missed some important characters for whatever reasons - Moe, Barney, Lenny and Carl, Skinner, Otto - when giving us other lesser ones. I cannot understand why they did Edna Krabappel but not Skinner.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

I don't think there is much hope for it now. It is a shame they missed some important characters for whatever reasons - Moe, Barney, Lenny and Carl, Skinner, Otto - when giving us other lesser ones. I cannot understand why they did Edna Krabappel but not Skinner.

Let's wait and see if, and only if, Disney manages to acquire 21st Century Fox and its entertainment assets. Disney and LEGO once again have a wonderful relationship, so only time and money will tell.

Extremely unlikely given the high cost of making individual moulded heads. That Lego actually produced a second CMF series was a surprise, and let's be honest it didn't sell very well.

Sorry but I think the theme is done, over etc.

Edited by Lucarex

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Let's wait and see if, and only if, Disney manages to acquire 21st Century Fox and its entertainment assets. Disney and LEGO once again have a wonderful relationship, so only time and money will tell.

If the acquisition does go ahead, I imagine Disney will have a lot more to push than The Simpsons.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:33 AM, xxix5 said:

So LEGO Simpsons. An oddball theme that came out of left field. This theme had 2 sets, 3 Dimentions sets, and 2 CFM series. Man, what is it with this theme and the number 2? So, there is a rumor out there, I found out about it through BrickVault, that Simpsons may be returning this year. I don't think it's all that possible, but I do hope it comes true. So below are sets that LEGO should make in The Simpsons.

5: Mr. Plow truck. 

Coming from one of my favorite episodes of all time, a Mr. Plow set would be great. The set would have the truck itself, an exclusive Home in his Mr. Plow attire, an Exclusive Grandpa Simpson, and an exclusive Bart, to help recreate that commerical. The Set would be $20 USD. (United States Dollars)

Disagree with your #2 and #1 options mainly because i dont view them as "iconic" Simpsons landmarks.

Moes Tavern would be great but I don't think Lego would do a bar given its family friendly outlook.

The Nuclear Power Plant would be another good option for a larger set along with the Elementary School

In terms of vehicles:

The School Bus, Mr. Plow as you mentioned, the car Homer designed (green car with a dome and multiple horns), 

Honestly what I would love to see is a UCS-sized Futurama ship before any more Simpsons sets 

2 hours ago, the_Yoyo said:

Honestly what I would love to see is a UCS-sized Futurama ship before any more Simpsons sets 

A billion times yes, in fact any Futurama sets.

Sadly, the licence is with MegaConstrux and I recently saw Brickheadz-type efforts (ugh) in a discount bin.

Bender looked half decent (on the side of the box, they didn't have him) but Fry was awful.

6 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Extremely unlikely given the high cost of making individual moulded heads.

I never understood why Lego did this, when the Lego episode of The Simpsons featured normal minifig heads, just with new hair pieces.

If this theme does ever return (after either Disney or Comcast buy Fox, probably), it might be easier and cheaper for Lego to reboot the theme without the moulded heads. Plus, using normal minifig heads would make it easier to give the characters different expressions, rather than simply "eyes open" or "eyes partly open".

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

A billion times yes, in fact any Futurama sets.

Sadly, the licence is with MegaConstrux and I recently saw Brickheadz-type efforts (ugh) in a discount bin.

Bender looked half decent (on the side of the box, they didn't have him) but Fry was awful.

Hopefully Mega Construx May lose the Futurama license in the future if the Disney-Fox merger is approved, but Futurama isn’t family-friendly due to PG-13 content.

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Hopefully Mega Construx May lose the Futurama license in the future if the Disney-Fox merger is approved, but Futurama isn’t family-friendly due to PG-13 content.

It's rated PG with a few episodes rated higher due to content. Exactly the same as the Simpsons.

12 hours ago, Felkin said:

I never understood why Lego did this, when the Lego episode of The Simpsons featured normal minifig heads, just with new hair pieces.

I think they look better as molded heads rather than regular. The noses and ears on regular heads don't look right to me, but look fine on the molded ones.

p10718374_e_v8_ab.jpgLEGO-Simpsons-Homer-Simpson-Minifigure-2

12 hours ago, Felkin said:

If this theme does ever return (after either Disney or Comcast buy Fox, probably), it might be easier and cheaper for Lego to reboot the theme without the moulded heads.

If they are going to go down the route of doing it as cheaply as possible, it is probably best they don't do it at all. It wouldn't fit in with previous Simpsons sets, so it would possibly alienate people that bought in first time around and they would still need to mold specific hair pieces anyway.

Would like to see the elementary school and power station as they are landmarks in the Simpsons and AFAIK there are no schools or power stations in the city theme, so these sets could fill that hole.

plz lego give us:

-the chocolate factory

-the general hospital

-krusty burger

-the itchy and scratchy shop (like in the simpsons mobile game)

-the flanders house

On 6/25/2018 at 11:51 AM, the_Yoyo said:

Disagree with your #2 and #1 options mainly because i dont view them as "iconic" Simpsons landmarks.

Moes Tavern would be great but I don't think Lego would do a bar given its family friendly outlook.

The Nuclear Power Plant would be another good option for a larger set along with the Elementary School

In terms of vehicles:

The School Bus, Mr. Plow as you mentioned, the car Homer designed (green car with a dome and multiple horns), 

I know that "Blockoland" isn't THAT iconic, but I kinda think it would be easier for LEGO to do as it's essentially LEGOLAND, so it might be kinda easier to do than the Springfield Police station and other Simpsons landmarks. Who knows? Maybe they will eventually release a LEGOLAND set.

I would give my right arm for LEGO Futurama minifigs. Or perhaps rather my left arm.:sweet:

With sculpted heads like the Simpsons. Yes please. S.up and take my money!! :grin: