Like I said in this topic Z-bar linkage help, I am building another wheel loader. This time is the Caterpillar 990 which is the biggest one I can build because the bigger ones like the 992, 993 or 994 have two cylinders for the bucket and it would be impossible keep the width in scale. It uses the Class tyres and in the beginning it had to be manual but I have so many room that I am thinking on a complete pneumatic RC loader. I hope you like the WIP process every advice is wellcome. I am trying wheels, should I have to buy the yellow ones?.

0XmXZ1L.jpg?1

W9kF8lH.jpg?1

VcaYa47.jpg?2

e1iX3Rm.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi
better pic

Nice looking project.

I am building something similar with a center pivot moved by two small LA's.  I found that putting a differential between the two actuator inputs prevented binding, allowing the LA's to turn at the different speeds they needed to.  YMMV with your design.

15 minutes ago, Orcman said:

Nice looking project.

I am building something similar with a center pivot moved by two small LA's.  I found that putting a differential between the two actuator inputs prevented binding, allowing the LA's to turn at the different speeds they needed to.  YMMV with your design.

Great idea, maybe I used it if I have enough space.

Another improvements.

The trasmision now goes before the rear axle so now I have a entire world for the rest of the components, but I have one little problem of much speed I will have to fix it in some place.

3AFUfh1.jpg?1

I putted portal axle horizontally to gain space for the z-lnkage and have more power but like I said before I still have too much speed.

rxp17iR.jpg?1

I improved again the z-linkage at last we have the perfect movement, it can carry the load with the arm in any position and of course download it.

NGqp1Un.jpg?1

LsTAywV.jpg?1

U4jNCgc.jpg?1

The narrow is the best and hard to build feature of the MOC.

mmnJ0ik.jpg?1

I tried the small motor for the steering with a 20th gear clutch with a 8th gear and everything is perfect, power and with the perfect speed, now 2 small motors with 2 pneumatic autovalves, the battery and the terrorific aesthetics...

Edited by jorgeopesi
Improve text

Good start, but on first post it looks like showel is much wider than tires, is this the same on original loader?

2 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

It has to be the bad photografer because they have the same dimensions with diferent piezes of course.

Or it has to be that I have bad vision (sight) :laugh:

It also looked like your  MOC has tires on right side turned in wrong direction :look:

Edited by I_Igor
Added some text...

Ouch, you are right those tyres have a unique position I have the tyre in bad positon respect the wheel.

More improvements... I know I know I will never finish it but I have a lot of fun.

Front axle redesigned with one stud more of floor clearance.

jmkgic1.jpg?1

Rear axle more redesigned, stronger with less pieces and speed problem solved, the true is that I didn´t try the speed yet but anyway in case it will be slow I will change the speed in the portal axles. I use a 24th gear with clutch to protect the motor from my children.

zEu9YWV.jpg?1

one stud more floor clearance is desired, but now I have noticed that you have yellow 6 x 6 dishes inverted :wub:...that is something that I would like to have for my Fastrac :blush:

23 hours ago, I_Igor said:

one stud more floor clearance is desired, but now I have noticed that you have yellow 6 x 6 dishes inverted :wub:...that is something that I would like to have for my Fastrac :blush:

It is almost sure that I won´t use them, I like more the yellow wheels.

I have not used this concept for a long time, in order to have enough air pressure I will put 2 autovalves together connected with a differential which will move the pumps, so I will always have two pumps running for any of the functions, maybe I do not need it, maybe two valves with 4 pumps occupy less but my intention is always the minimum use of parts possible,

ixlF5FW.jpg?1

WYhrBbG.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

Intention to use less parts as possible is always good; after years of complicated mocs (tractors with engine, transmission, all wheel drive, front pto, rear pto, front drawbar, rear drawbar...), I have decided to make characteristical functionality for particular moc + steeting and drivrtrain and eventually suspension. This later philosophy is only possible with simple and sturdy design - with less possible parts :wink:

BTW valve idea is really good :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

2 pumps together so I can have continuous air pressure, less pieces even better solution and I still have a lot of space but not enough for a fake engine but we will see...

https://youtu.be/G5uUekMc7tw

I have just was the video and I must say that it works very smooth :thumbup:

I think there is a possibility to place fake engine.

Yesterday my wife bought me 42060 set for orange liftarms, so I hope that in another weekend (due to obligations) I'll make second version of my Unimog with 3 studs bigger chassis and a bit bigger cab, so I'll keep smallest version (1:18) in case TLC decides to make smaller tractor wheels :wink:

Just wondering why you have the auto valves if it’s remote controlled? 

I see in the video repetitive motion which I guess is the autovalves work? But for the etc? 

Also why the diff to run them and not just direct drive to both? 

Not criticism, just curious.

looking great by the way! Can’t wait to get some more pheumatic MOC happening myself which is also why I ask the above.

This version has not diff I had not enough space for it. I do not understand the question it uses autovalves because it is RC, do not worry is good to be curious. I will see again looking for a place for the fake engine but I do not know yet how many cylinders has this machine.

1 minute ago, jorgeopesi said:

The problem is not the engine it could be the saft but I could try with an axle above the motor to the fake engine.

That is why I prefer smaller machinery to be made as MOCs, and even then there is a lack of space 樂

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

That is why I prefer smaller machinery to be made as MOCs, and even then there is a lack of space 樂

The lack of space is the salt of my life.

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

The lack of space is the salt of my life.

I know, but sometimes it is really pain in the a... :devil:

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

I do not understand the question it uses autovalves because it is RC, 

I get it now! 

Because its pneumatic it needs ‘auto’ valves to control the pneumatics from the motor. Haha,  so silly of me. All good now thanks :blush: