AmperZand

Do you buy toys other than LEGO?

Other than LEGO, I somewhat collect Hot Wheels from the '90s in the package. Sadly, the store that sold them near me is closed, so I have to look elsewhere.

Used to buy loads of Warhammer 40000, but stopped after it was turned into a pseudo-Age of Sigmar. Tried to get back into it, but nothing has come of it. I've recently developed a liking to plastic army men. Not sure why though.

EDIT: It turns out I've already commented here. Sorry about that...

Edited by The LEGO Communist

Of course I'm buying Lego stuff, but recently I've gotten into tabletop wargames and bought enough Cold War tanks and infantry to make some African countries jealous lol. Well, if you don't take into account that they're 1:100 of the real deal, though...

I have recently developed a bit of a thing for Black Series 6" Star Wars figure. Especially given their new face-printing technology.Ā 

Besides Lego I collect Transformers. I've done so for years and it's largely my main hobby before Lego in fact (although the tide is shifting!).Ā 

Everything from vintage to modern to Third Party (especially Third Party).

I have 3 main collections, Legos, Hess trucks, and coins. There is, also, a collection of a couple hundred Matchbox cars in my house from my brother's and my childhood.

Edited by Black_Belt_Titan

I used to collect everything that i can relate to, and stuff that inspires me. So i have a lot of random toys. From kenner sw toys, to pokemon, to kaiju figures, old cartoon pvc figures, designer toys etcetera etcetera. But since we have moved i lost some show-off space, and with Lego bringing us each season new cool stuff i think i have to get rid of something :pir-sceptic:

Before Lego I was interested in transformers and hotwheelsĀ 

I buy lego and nerf guns, my younger brothers got me into nerf guns so i shoot a target (or them) at home

Nope, LEGO is the only toy I still play with and collect. I do own some model trains but these days model trains got ridiculous in price so I don't bother buying them anymore.

42836858_295721004576595_169351635511594
Left to right: Limited edition HS4000 Kestrel - Class 47 - Class 43 HST (in the proper livery)

42819672_295720907909938_208422040322755
Left to right: Class 52 Western - Class 33 - Limited edition Class 24

42882965_295720974576598_791234526129946
Left to right: LEGO model of a Napier Deltic engine - Limited edition LSWR 0298 Class Beattie Well Tank - GWR Pannier Tank - Class 20

I do have more model trains but these are my favorites. Sadly I don't have the space to build a model railway so these are more display models.

Edited by MxWinters

Over the past 60 years, I have collected a lot of other toys, but these days its only LEGO and Playmobil. Sadly, my eleven years younger brother inherited most of my childhood toys, so they are now long gone.

As well as my ever growing Lego collection I collect Transformers. They were my first thing I started collecting when I started working. Mainly G1, in which I am trying to collect the 1st 4 series of release, missing about 30. I also have a lot of the Masterpiece series and a big Optimus Prime collection, though I am going to trim these two setsĀ down at some point.

As a kid who was already interested in LEGO, I did get other toys such as Transformers, and Beyblade,Ā but after one crappy Transformers figure experience, I've had enough, and collected LEGO for 6 years straight. I'd admit that collecting LEGO have gotten a bit stale, mostly because I've only been getting buildings and vehicles, and I'd sometimes wish Hero Factory or Bionicle were still around. So recently I have been getting my robot/mecha fix through Gunpla, and it was a pretty nice replacement.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:47 PM, Peppermint_M said:

I have gotten majorly obsessed with Hot Wheels again. So I am buying diecast cars!

Me too! Although I havent specifically collected them, I am somewhat kept the collection going for quite a while, buying one or two occasionally, though my collection isn't the biggest, I have around 60 cars.

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

I ļ»æhave around 60 cars

Neat! I have only got about 30, I did have a lot more for a while.I still have the handful of cars from my childhood, I had a period of buying bunches of cars a few years back but decided to focus on Batmobile cars and one cast. The ones that didn't fit I gave to a few good causes. (Nothing feels so good as giving a family some toys when they are really in need). So I do not regret making my collection smaller, but I have found some more casts I want to get.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:47 AM, Peppermint_M said:

I have gotten majorly obsessed with Hot Wheels again. So I am buying diecast cars!

Man, Hot Wheels are deceptive. Being so cheap, you donā€™t feel bad about buying too many....then they add up. I gotĀ started on them back in 2000 when I worked at Toys R Us. All the early bird collectors would come through first thing(even when I was trying to stock the pegs). So naturally, I got fixated by it & went nuts.Ā 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Ā Being so cheļ»æap, you dļ»æonā€™t fļ»æeel baļ»æd aboļ»æut buļ»æyļ»æing too mļ»æaļ»æļ»æļ»ænļ»æy.

I know! I have managed to get moreĀ than a dozen just in the past few weeks. I decided to try swapping buying chocolate or pringles (so unhealthy treats) for a toy car... it has added up!

On 7/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Neat! I have only got about 30, I did have a lot more for a while.I still have the handful of cars from my childhood, I had a period of buying bunches of cars a few years back but decided to focus on Batmobile cars and one cast. The ones that didn't fit I gave to a few good causes. (Nothing feels so good as giving a family some toys when they are really in need). So I do not regret making my collection smaller, but I have found some more casts I want to get.

Nice! I focus on racecars such as Ferraris but sometimes I also pick up some that look interesting, especially when they go on sale for 1$ each.

Lego is the only "toy" I purchase for me personally.Ā  I do have a considerable amount of N Scale trains and buildings but do not play with them as they are put up until the boys are older.Ā 

I do modify power wheels for my boys so technically thats both lol

But I buy lots of toys for just the boys including lego (they have their own lol)

I collect He man, tranforsmers, thundercats and lego :)

I love 80s and 90s toysĀ