Sign in to follow this  
The Jersey Brick Guy

Question about Downloading a LDD file.

Hi everyone,

Firstly I want to apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I have a question regarding a LDD file download. I am trying to download a model from Lego Ideas (LINK HERE) and every time, I get redirected to a Lego Life download page. I have tried this with other MOC's and they all go to the same place. Here is the direct Link: http://ldd.us.lego.com/de-de/gallery/b7ff4b3c-5a10-424d-bc9b-6df6fac0c507?index=1&searchword=station

Now I have done this before, but am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to update anything?

Thanks!

Josh

3 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Hi everyone,

Firstly I want to apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I have a question regarding a LDD file download. I am trying to download a model from Lego Ideas (LINK HERE) and every time, I get redirected to a Lego Life download page. I have tried this with other MOC's and they all go to the same place. Here is the direct Link: http://ldd.us.lego.com/de-de/gallery/b7ff4b3c-5a10-424d-bc9b-6df6fac0c507?index=1&searchword=station

Now I have done this before, but am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to update anything?

Thanks!

Josh

Nope, your doing everything right. For some reason only known to Lego they have decided to remove the old LDD Gallery and download feature. :wall: So now, unfortunately, there is now more LDD gallery as we once knew it...:cry3: You can still get these LXF files if someone has uploaded them to dropbox though, so maybe you can see if that is something the creator can do for you. Hope that helps you out!

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Nope, your doing everything right. For some reason only known to Lego they have decided to remove the old LDD Gallery and download feature. :wall: So now, unfortunately, there is now more LDD gallery as we once knew it...:cry3: You can still get these LXF files if someone has uploaded them to dropbox though, so maybe you can see if that is something the creator can do for you. Hope that helps you out!

Thank you, it's a real shame that they did away with it.

Just now, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Thank you, it's a real shame that they did away with it.

Yeah, it is. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. I've got a bunch of models that I saved knowing that Lego was doing this.

18 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Yeah, it is. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. I've got a bunch of models that I saved knowing that Lego was doing this.

That was a good idea. Makes me wish I did the same.

Hi Jersey Brick Guy,

I'm posting a reply to this thread because I can't Direct Message you.  I guess I don't have enough posts to DM yet.  Anyway, if you were still interested in downloading this lxf file, I happen to have archived it.  Please note that I am not the original designer, but I am assuming that the original designer would not mind since he/she posted it publicly on the LDD Gallery anyway.  Let me know and we can figure out how to get it transferred.

P.S. Also, please be aware that the version I have is the original version with 3858 parts.  The designer mentioned on the Ideas page that he/she reduced the part count to comply with Ideas submission requirements, but that is NOT the version I have.

Jude