Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Sp0ok Tro0p

26633017478_2aa6b88914_c.jpg

Soundtrack

The rebels of District 18: A force for change? Terrorists who challenge the rightful authority? Or just some Punk Kids playing around on tooled up speeder bikes? While certain news centres would have it that they are set on bringing about the end of society, most of these kids on custom bikes are just following an age-old path of bucking against the norm.

Tuning up basic bikes and customising them into highly styled rides, groups fly the skyways and streets. Another favourite pass-time for the gangs is to race in the 'off code' zones, hitting high speeds and making dangerous manoeuvres.

Few of their activities are criminal, though trespass and illegal modification of a speeder-bike are a common thread amongst the more prolific gangs.

Leader of the most well known gang, The Rush, is Skeletique. A masked figure with a very recognisable bike, the spook trooper. A common sight at ride outs and street races. No one knows who he truly is, nor where he keeps such a magnificent machine. Custom built from the scrap, trash, flotsam and jetsam of District 18. The Spook Troop is a menacing machine known amongst speeder-punks for ricing prowess and wily manoeuvrability. He prefers to fly his bike in the desolate and abandoned platforms of the district when not leading a pack through the sky-ways and streets of the “civilised” city.

Inspired by a crazy mix of things. Storm HawksRush Runners which I came across by chance in a bargain store toy bin. Motor City which was far too short lived. A number of colourful SF comics from around the world (I collect SF art-books and comics) and the Bōsōzoku culture from Japan. Also, a whole lot of Celldweller and New Retro Wave music while I was building. (Not to mention the title track)

With the LSB group contest launched I had an image of the figure I wanted to make for this ride and the idea of using the long bone elements and maybe a skull for the front of the bike. That design evolved as I was building when I realised just how cool the ghost looked at the front. With this bike hitting all the marks I set for myself, here it is!

Although I'm not allowed to say much yet, since I'm judging the contest... 'Skeletique' instanly made me think of; this song, :laugh::pir-laugh:

Thanks for the awesome music link :pir-skel: \m/ . I appreciate judges have to stay neutral until the closing date. :grin: