Falconfan1414

Wizarding World of Harry Potter Wishlist

I think Hagrid’s Hut is a pretty safe bet, but I’m hoping they change it up this time. I hope they make it bigger, with both sections, like they did with the microscale version. It should be from POA and come with Hagrid, Fudge, Macnair, Draco, Harry, and Hermione with the time turner, as well as Fang and Buckbeak. Dumbledore and Ron would be welcome as well, but it would be a little too much to be realistic and they can be included elsewhere

I’ll be surprised if they don’t do a Shrieking Shack too. They left out Sirius in this wave for a reason. The Shrieking Shack would be perfect with Sirius, Lupin as a werewolf, Wormtail, Ron, and probably Harry and Hermione, maybe Snape, depending on how they choose to spread out the main trio over the POA sets. Maybe it could even come with a dementor or two of the set is big enough, in order to recreate the Patronus scene alongside it

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Well if the blurred set in the background is to be believed, here’s what I’d like to see in the Diagon Alley Set:

4 buildings; Gringots Bank, Ollivanders Wand Shop, Flourish and Blotts/Quality Quidditch supplies and Weasley’s Wizard Weezes.

minifigures: Harry (Diagon Alley costume from Philosophers Stone), Ollivander, Lockhart, Ginny, Arthur, Fred, George, Ron, Hermione, Lucius, Griphook, Gringots Goblin

I've been a bit of a skeptic about new sets, but I will note the lack of a Sirius Black in the CMF series is a strong evidence for a POA wave given he's an incredibly popular character with fans. Ginny is another very important and previously released character who wasn't in the series that I would expect to see again. Those two are big staples.

This is unlikely imo but here's a thought -- the Great Hall is primarily Sorcerer's Stone themed, despite the CoS creatures, but the Whomping Willow is clearly CoS themed... so what if they plan to do an additional castle segment per film? Gryffindor Tower, the Astronomy Tower, and Dumbledore's Office could easily cover the next three or so films, and all have prominent scenes in PoA and OOTP. GoF is a little less obvious but something could be made to work. If the Room of Requirement recieves it's own tower/building area then one of those could even be used for HBP - perhaps Dumbledore's Office.

I keep wondering when the Dursleys are going to make an appearance. I was really surprised they weren't in the CMF series, as they're such essential characters to the stories (much more than Cho Chang or Dean Thomas, imho). Also, weren't they on some early leaked list?

My hope is for either on a Privet Drive set at some point, or the Dursleys included in a second CMF series next year. I would also love to see Aunt Marge as a minifigure, both regular and inflated versions please Lego. :grin:

8 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I keep wondering when the Dursleys are going to make an appearance. I was really surprised they weren't in the CMF series, as they're such essential characters to the stories (much more than Cho Chang or Dean Thomas, imho). Also, weren't they on some early leaked list?

My hope is for either on a Privet Drive set at some point, or the Dursleys included in a second CMF series next year. I would also love to see Aunt Marge as a minifigure, both regular and inflated versions please Lego. :grin:

A knight bus Lego set with privet drive as a £60 set

minfiigs: harry POA, Stan shunpike, Ernie prang, Sirius animagus, Dudley, uncle Vernon, aunt petunia 

boom

it'll be like the whomping willow set where the set is called the whomping willow, but there’s also a large segment of hogwarts in it 

Ministry of Magic that is similar to the MBS Cloud City. With the place being underground I think It's a perfect format to give it justice. I can already see it having two levels connected by an elevator. First level would have:

• the atrium, with replaceable statues - one from Order of the Phoenix, the other from Deathly Hallows - and a big cloth piece with Cornelius Fudge portrait
  • Umbridge's office
  • the room where they were making the pamphlets

Second level:

• courtroom
  • Hall of Prophecy
  • Death chamber (with the arch)

And let's not forget red phone booth on top of it, as the entrance to the elevator of course

Year 1:

Troll Attack; bathroom build with destructible stalls. Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Mountain Troll, $30

Hogwarts Library, features tables and bookshelves with some printed books inside.  Includes Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Madam Pince, and Argus Filch (with Ms. Norris), $30

Forbidden Corridor; features trap door room with Fluffy, Devil's Snare room, winged key chamber, and chessboard.  Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, $80

Year 2:

Hogwarts Greenhouse; features greenhouse with numerous plants.  Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy (all in Herbology Outfits, and Professor Sprout, $40

The Chamber of Secrets: features upper level with bathroom and lower level with chamber and Slytherin statue, plus new Basilisk and Fawkes.  Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Gilderoy Lockhart, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle and Ginny Weasley, $70

Year 3:

Hagrid's Hut; features two-building structure and small pumpkin patch with Buckbeak.  Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger (with Time-Turner), Hagrid, Cornelius Fudge, and Macnair, $50

Privet Drive: features Dursley house and Knight Bus, plus "The Grim".  Includes Harry Potter, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley, Dudley Dursley, Marge Dursley, Stan Shunpike, and Ernie Prang, $60

Shrieking Shack: Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin (Werewolf), and Severus Snape, $70

Hogwarts Clock Tower: Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, and Madam Pomfrey, $80

Year 4:

The Hungarian Horntail; features dragon and playset with golden egg.  Includes Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory, Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum, Igor Karkaroff, and Madam Maxine, $50

The Black Lake; features playset build and Grindylows.  Includes Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory, Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum (Shark), Gabrielle Delacour, and a Mermaid, $40

The Triwizard Maze; features a portion of the maze.  Includes Harry Potter, Fleur Delacour, and Viktor Krum, $40

Year 5:

Forbidden Forest; features tree and Grawp builds.  Includes Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Dolores Umbridge, and Centaur, $30

Room of Requirement; features training statue builds and exploding wall feature.  Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, and Zacharias Smith, $40

Department of Mysteries: features collapsing shelves and Veil.  Includes Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Ginny Weasley, Lucius Malfoy, Antonin Dolohov, and Augustus Rookwood, $70

Grimmauld Place; includes Harry Potter, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Sirius Black, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Nymphadora Tonks, and Kreacher, $90

Year 6:

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes; includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Ginny Weasley, and Lavender Brown, $80

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower; includes Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Severus Snape, Death Eater Professor Sinistra, $70

The Burrow; Includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Remus Lupin, Ginny Weasley, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Fenrir Greyback, $100

Multiple years:

Diagon Alley; features The Leaky Cauldron, Ollivanders, and Flourish and Blotts.  Includes Harry Potter, Hagrid, Tom the Barkeeper, Doris Crockford, Mr. Ollivander, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny Weasley, and Molly Weasley, and 2-3 generic wizards; 150$

Edited by spiderfan2000

11 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

-Snip-

A nice list, I would buy those :wink:

Probably to optimistic about the price in some of the sets  :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Roebuck
typo

51 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

A nice list, I would by those :wink:

Probably to optimistic about the price in some of the sets  :shrug_oh_well:

Thank you for the feedback!  The pricing probably is a bit optimistic, though I'm going by the assumption that LEGO would scale down the locations to varying extents (without making them microscale, of course) to fit them into a variety of price points, rather than selling entire waves of $100+ sets.

Considering the movies rely heavily on the Hogwarts castle, I don't know if they can still make a lot of decent sets without it feeling a bit repetitive. Maybe we can get a 3rd portion of the castle (maybe the clocktower) but not sure if that's really needed. There also aren't many professors who still need updates aside from Sprout and Lockhart.

Speaking of minifigures, I feel like we could pretty much get all the characters we still need from a second CMF series. If I were to make one, it would include:

1) Bellatrix Lestrange (with the new dress piece)

2) Lucius Malfoy

3) Peter Pettigrew (Maybe with "baby" Voldemort)

4) Death Eater (ideally including 1 or 2 double-printed heads for army building purposes... we are in dire need of basic villains/cannon-fodders)

5) Fenrir Greyback (or one of the random Snatchers)

6) Harry Potter (Triwizard Tournament)

7) Ron Weasley (Quidditch)

8) Ginny Weasley

9) Fred/George Weasley

10) Luna Lovegood (Student version with blue necklace)

11) Sirius Black (preferably the Order of the Phoenix version)

12) Gilderoy Lockhart

13) Nymphadora Tonks

14) Pr. Snape (black outfit)

15) Pr. Sprout

16) Draco Malfoy (Black suit)

17) Pansy Parkinson (or any other Slytherin student like Crabbe or Goyle, just a way to get several of the now rare Slytherin torso easily)

18) Fleur Delacour (Triwizard Tournament)

19) Victor Krum

20) Tom Riddle (Slytherin Student)

Some of those could be part of a set, I can for instance imagine a set of the Ministry of Magic battle including Bellatrix, Sirius Black and a couple of Death Eaters but I feel the set would be quite bland aside from its minifig selection. That's why I feel like another CMF series is the best way to go.

There are a few external parts of Hogwarts that are different enough to come out, Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower and the Greenhouses are the main ones, with areas like the Room of Requirement, Hospital Wing, Library, Myrtle's Bathroom and various classrooms to fill up the above ground rooms. 

10 hours ago, Elrond said:

Considering the movies rely heavily on the Hogwarts castle, I don't know if they can still make a lot of decent sets without it feeling a bit repetitive. Maybe we can get a 3rd portion of the castle (maybe the clocktower) but not sure if that's really needed. There also aren't many professors who still need updates aside from Sprout and Lockhart.

Speaking of minifigures, I feel like we could pretty much get all the characters we still need from a second CMF series. If I were to make one, it would include:

1) Bellatrix Lestrange (with the new dress piece)

2) Lucius Malfoy

3) Peter Pettigrew (Maybe with "baby" Voldemort)

4) Death Eater (ideally including 1 or 2 double-printed heads for army building purposes... we are in dire need of basic villains/cannon-fodders)

5) Fenrir Greyback (or one of the random Snatchers)

6) Harry Potter (Triwizard Tournament)

7) Ron Weasley (Quidditch)

8) Ginny Weasley

9) Fred/George Weasley

10) Luna Lovegood (Student version with blue necklace)

11) Sirius Black (preferably the Order of the Phoenix version)

12) Gilderoy Lockhart

13) Nymphadora Tonks

14) Pr. Snape (black outfit)

15) Pr. Sprout

16) Draco Malfoy (Black suit)

17) Pansy Parkinson (or any other Slytherin student like Crabbe or Goyle, just a way to get several of the now rare Slytherin torso easily)

18) Fleur Delacour (Triwizard Tournament)

19) Victor Krum

20) Tom Riddle (Slytherin Student)

Some of those could be part of a set, I can for instance imagine a set of the Ministry of Magic battle including Bellatrix, Sirius Black and a couple of Death Eaters but I feel the set would be quite bland aside from its minifig selection. That's why I feel like another CMF series is the best way to go.

I had a list with many similar choices, and many different ones!

I tried to take inspiration exactly from how the original release series was arranged, with the same balance of students to adults to flashback characters.

- Harry Potter (Triwizard Tournament)
- Ron Weasley as Vincent Crabbe
- Lee Jordan or Colin Creevy
- [Unknown Hufflepuff]
- Ginny Weasley
- Fred / George Weasley (Quidditch uniform?)
- Griphook
- Rita Skeeter
- Gilderoy Lockhart
- Sirius Black
- Bellatrix Lestrange
- [Kinglsey Shacklebolt or Nymphadora Tonks]
- Cornelius Fudge
- Fleur Delacour
- Tom Riddle
- Peeves
- Albus Dumbledore (Young)
- Nicholas Flamel
- Leta Lestrange
- [Fantastic Beasts character]

[Two additional Fantastic Beasts characters OR James and Lily Potter.]

The slot for Kingsley I remember thinking would be male for the original balance, but Tonks and Sprout came to my mind for inclusion more than Kingsley. I know I considered Krum but I believe I replaced him with Riddle. I thought Ron-as-Crabbe was a good compromise and that Goyle could be saved for a Deathly Hallows set - along with Riddle, one could include robes and another just the sweater. I'm not terribly expecting Peeves but his inclusion in the first wave makes me excited for an update. I had Hermione as a cat and think I cut it for the Colin/Lee slot.

I already customized a Luna in Ravenclaw uniform but I wouldn't mind another version of her such as that in a set, especially since she could use a happier face print to boot. I think that (along with a new Neville and Ginny) would be a good fit for a set over CMF, but are all necessary choices. Of course, with three good sets (the Chamber, GoF, Dept of Mysteries) you could eliminate seven or eight of these..

Having just finished the London Bus, I really want to see the Knight Bus come back. A system scale one preferably but they could pull off a Creator scale one if they wanted too. 

I’d also like to see more of the system scale Hogwarts Castle, the Clock tower, Dumbledore’s office, a DADA classroom and some kind of room of requirement. 

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

A system scale one preferably but they could pull off a Creator scale one if they wanted too. 

I really hope they stay mostly to system-scale, one thing is that they did a nanofig Hogwarts for good reasons, but hopefully they do not start making creator-scale sets as well :facepalm: