Chawn

[MOC] Sd.Kfz.250/3 Light armoured halftrack

Completion date: 29/12/2017.
Size: 39 units/width 14 units/high 9 units.
scale: 1/15.
Weight: 1.478 kg.
Power: 2 x L motor , 1x return motor.
Number of parts: 1500.
Control: IR Receiver.

dGoBAAAAAAAA

This is my work last year, in fact, this is the first work of my contact with Technic, and the F1 racing is the second one, I hope you will like it.

dGcBAAAAAAAA

dPIAAAAAAAAA

The Sd.Kfz. 250 (German: Sonderkraftfahrzeug 250-'special motor vehicle') was a light armoured halftrack, for use in World War II.

dFYBAAAAAAAA

The basic troop carrier version was used as an armored personnel carrier for reconnaissance units, carrying scout sections. This basic variant usually mounted one or two MG34 machineguns. Several special-purpose variants were seen early in the war. The 250/3 and 250/5 were command variants, with fewer seats but equipped with long-range radio equipment. These were used by battalion and higher commanders as personal command vehicles, most famously the 250/3 used by Erwin Rommel in the North African campaign.It could attain 76 km/h (47 mph), but the driver was cautioned not to exceed 65 km/h (40 mph).Most variants were open-topped and had a single access door in the rear.

dGYBAAAAAAAA

dFYBAAAAAAAA

dFsBAAAAAAAA

dGoBAAAAAAAA

dJUAAAAAAAAA

dMgAAAAAAAAA

dFsBAAAAAAAA

dGEBAAAAAAAA

Edited by Chawn

8 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks really cool, you did the shaping quite well. The performance is also good. Are the front wheel suspended?

dPIAAAAAAAAA

38 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Live axle? Looks good. Does the differential on the tracks affect them too much? Seems like that isn't the best for climbing...

The speed and everything else is good but the biggest problem is the weight because of the appearance.

Edited by Chawn

Looks really good and drives good as well. I thought thought that it would steer bad because of long tracks but works perfect. Do you know if the real half-tracks were steered only by the front wheels? I would imagine that different speed of left and right track would also help but i guess that would be rather complicated to achieve only with the steering wheel and without electronic at that time. 

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Very Cool. I have shut down my own 250/251 projects because I could not get the armored panels to look good enough for my eyes. You did a good job here, and scale worked well for the functions in the MOC. Look forward to seeing more.

Excellent work. I did wonder how it would steer with the tracks, i'm pleased it works very well. Good photo's and video.

H

Wow, it is looking great, I love machines from second world war. Btw. I wanted to ask, why the lego never released any series connected to military or war. Is it because other famous company is producing those kind of themes? Or Lego just simply doesn't want to produce bricks related to army, war? I would love to see Legos tank creations or aircrafts.

Very nice! One if my fabourite type of vehicles when I was young. Cool! Wish I could make one ...

On 2018/2/28 at 4:56 AM, Horace T said:

Excellent work. I did wonder how it would steer with the tracks, i'm pleased it works very well. Good photo's and video.

H

The double motor makes the front gear of the track and the two front wheels in the four drive state. The front wheel controls the steering.

On 27/02/2018 at 7:12 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

Looks really good and drives good as well. I thought thought that it would steer bad because of long tracks but works perfect. Do you know if the real half-tracks were steered only by the front wheels? I would imagine that different speed of left and right track would also help but i guess that would be rather complicated to achieve only with the steering wheel and without electronic at that time. 

The Germans where very cunning and had braked steering system 

5 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

The Germans where very cunning and had braked steering system 

Does it mean that one track was under a brake while steering?

Very nice MOC. Impressive that you managed make such a good shape with liftarms. Also really liked the video.